Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Check out my sick Grand Am GT

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a fan of Grand Ams but I'm just not digging the look on this one. Too much and in 2 different highlight colors just makes it look thrown together as if you had no plan for the final look. I'm almost scared to ask but do you have any inside pics? I will give you props on getting a set of the somewhat coveted clear corner, black housing headlights though. Very tough to find an unmolested set now days...

Welcome to the forums!

Heard the electric ones make BIG power.

Should look into one, would flow well with the theme you have going on.....

• Founders

Custom white paint

Just FYI, don't need to start a new topic to add an attachment ;) Click the "More Reply Options" button at the bottom to get the full editor.

Century Club no engine modifications yet, just cold air intake. I wanna put a supercharger in it though!

Good luck. Very hard to find a supercharger for these engines (only ones I know of are worth more than the car...) You might be better off with a custom turbo build. I hope to build a turbo in my GAGT someday but I have to have another car for the wife to drive before that will happen. I'm holding out for a manual G8 GXP as my next car but it will be a few more years before I pay off my current G8 GXP. Still love my GAGT enough to want to build the engine up someday though!

Good luck. Very hard to find a supercharger for these engines (only ones I know of are worth more than the car...) You might be better off with a custom turbo build. I hope to build a turbo in my GAGT someday but I have to have another car for the wife to drive before that will happen. I'm holding out for a manual G8 GXP as my next car but it will be a few more years before I pay off my current G8 GXP. Still love my GAGT enough to want to build the engine up someday though!

Wait...I thought you were selling the GAGT?

Yeah, my assignment was cancelled less than 30 days out and I'm staying in Cali. I would have signed the car over to a friend if they had waited one more week before cancelling me so I'm glad I found out before spending that money. Unfortunately, our house was already in contract for sale and we couldn't afford to back out of that. Had to finish the sale, move into a rental and then buy a new house. We moved in a couple weeks ago and it's a better house than our old one (although I'm paying nearly $600 more per month on my mortgage now) so things have worked out okay I guess. Still got the GAGT and the GXP so I'm happy at least.

Yeah hopefully I'll keep the GT long enough to put a Turbo in it, unless someone gives me a good offer on my car then I might consider selling her!

FYI: it'll cost more than the car is worth to do a proper turbo build. There are no off the shelf parts to use, so a lot of parts you'll need will need to be custom made. Most guys have spent over $7K-$8K on a build. Even more if you want the best.

And even then, you'll have a car that makes around 300-350WHP depending on what parts you use, turbo and tune...an Evo, Camaro, Mustang or even a 350Z, they can all make that power for less money. I'm not even factoring in the reliability issues you'll face either.

FYI: it'll cost more than the car is worth to do a proper turbo build. There are no off the shelf parts to use, so a lot of parts you'll need will need to be custom made. Most guys have spent over $7K-$8K on a build. Even more if you want the best.

And even then, you'll have a car that makes around 300-350WHP depending on what parts you use, turbo and tune...an Evo, Camaro, Mustang or even a 350Z, they can all make that power for less money. I'm not even factoring in the reliability issues you'll face either.

This is primarily why I "dream" of doing it but probably never will...

Drop an LSX in it.

Nooooo. I love my 305. I'm attached to it haha. But if I did do a swap, Id definitely drop an LSx

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk