Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix G8

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, but I just found it. It's on ebay but for some reason it won't let me paste the url in here. Just type in 1998 Pontiac G8. Too bad I don't have $40k. But AWD LS1 in a Grand Prix coupe, come on. Can someone post a link please? It's at least worth a look at if you're into rare Pontiacs

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

This looks great and it screams "Danger Will Robinson!" to me.

There is no question in my mind that the pictures in the eBay listing are indeed the concept car that Pontiac built. What bothers me is the location of the car - Miami Florida.

Why is it in Miami? The GM Heritage Collection is located in Sterling Heights Michigan. So if this is being sold by GM, then I would expect the location to be: Sterling Heights, Warren, or Detroit Michigan.

Now, to be fair, GM sold a number of one off cars out of the Heritage Collection during its bankruptcy through Barrett-Jackson. This could have been one of them. However, the eBay post doesn't say that either. So I would have to go to the trouble of contacting this person to verify the car's lineage before I would even consider bidding on this car.

Nearly all of the cars sold at Barrett-Jackson were sold on bill of sale and were never intended for use on public streets (unless they were production versions). So titling this car may not be a good idea (the car carries some experimental parts on it and nearly every automotive manufacturer doesn't permit these types of cars or parts to get into the hands of the public for legal / liability reasons). In others words, if you got in an accident with this car and tried to sued GM over it, one could argue that you knew this was a concept car and that it was never intended for public road use. This car is best left as a museum / special interest piece, in my opinion.