Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

1972 trans am

I'm new to forums but I figured this would be the place to go to get help! I've got a 72 trans am that's been sitting for a long time and want to sell it, it's a 4 speed manual, body is in ok shape bottom of car is rusty and needs a new floor pan and trunk pan. I know there was only 1286 or so produced does anyone know what car would be worth?

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Welcome to the site. Cars only worth what a buyer is willing to fork out. Everyone has different skill levels as to whats needed to restore the car. Find out what its worth in restored condition. - cost of a shop to restore. Should give you a start point.

Littlelukie 1970 - welcome to FP !

As JUSTA said, its worth what someone is willing to pay for it. So let's ask some other questions - what 400 motor does it have in it? What options? Color? Mileage? Graphics?

Pictures always help.

Other than the rusted areas, is the car clear? Is the interior clean or rotted out? Similar question under the hood? Clean or dirty?

A clean, well detailed car will for more money that a dirty sloppy car will. If you are willing to repair the rust spots and the trunk pan (replacements are available), then the car will be worth a lot more once it is restored.

At this stage, is sort of hard to say what it is worth based solely on your description. A few more details are needed first.

The interior is black and is in good condition, 95,000miles block #481988 motor would definitely need to be gone through! There are rust spots on car. Body is white with blue stripe. Can I add photos to my posts? Sorry kinda rambling on.i have some interested people and they offered to pay $3500 I'm just not sure about price! I am going to use money to help pay for restoration on my 1970 trans am

Honestly, based on what you described 3000 to 5000 would be what I would be willing to pay for something like that. You are probably looking at $20,000 to restore it to original condition and it would be probably about a 28,000 car.