Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Crimson's Goat Progression

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

what are you going to use for a box? I have seen Woodys trunk and there isent much room in them GTO's.

:nom_noms:

what are you going to use for a box? I have seen Woodys trunk and there isent much room in them GTO's.

:nom_noms:

yea there not much of a trunk at all. sunday when my buddy gets done puttin my head unit in and laying the wires to the trunk, he and I will be building the box right into the car. we know the air specs obviously so we just gotta figure out the best direction to fire it, wire it etc. people who have systems in GTO's say the bass still gets into the cabin plenty even though the gas tank is right there in the trunk lol

Yea the gas tank location is a bitch for sure, make sure you dont drill any holes in it. :badGT:

I had a JL 500x1 and it was by far the best amp i have ever owned.

yeah it looked pretty amazing and the one i bought has a 30 day return policy and it was 200 bucks so i was sold

cant beat 200 bucks for anything JL lol

:badGT::willy_nilly: and the 12W3 2 ohm sub was only 157 shipped. and it will be arriving today but the amp wont be here till next week... :willy_nilly:

thats the plan dan! ill be taking em off either this evening or tomorrow depending cuz i have drill this weekend :(

Awesome and glad to hear you got them off! :rofl:

Looking really good, and can't wait for future mods! You should also look into LED reverse bulbs too ;)

update:

went and had my box build today. amp should be coming on tuesday, CAI by wednesday. and i just ordered 55W highs and lows for her from DDM tuning for 80 bucks shipped to my door :lol2::lol2:;) 8k btw.

and if the sales go as planned my rims and tires will be sold next month then its exhaust....

what exhaust are you going to put on that beast?

Spintech?

eh idk. i think im gunna stick with the single outlet because its a bit of a pita to make it dual and spintech is only dual

They do sell a True Dual // Single side exhaust.

it is true but exits on the left side.

That what you are looking at?

stock is true dual to one side and yes that is what im looking at

Looks good.

WI temps?? You live in IL

bought the car in madison. must wait for them to mail me the title so i can put my IL plates on it and register it in IL

Makes sense. Car looks really clean for the roads you drive on.

rofl thanks i never go more than 20 mph on it... usually more like 15

Your slacking on your updates buddy! <_<

I was :lurking: over on G6p and what did I find?!?! UPDATES but none for us. :(

• 2 weeks later...

ah i found you my precious thread....

okay on to the updates.

My gto had a reoccuring CEL and i couldn't figure it out so i returned it to the dealership and got my g6 back..

jk but they fixed my gto and here was their findings:

Intake Manifold Gasket leak-replaced

Cleaned all injectors in bank 1

1 injector failed a test so it was replaced.

almost a full tank of gas later and still no CEL...fingers crossed.

ill be waiting at least a week from last friday before i even think about doing my intake.

pics of the sub and audio system....HIDs sometime this week

DSCN1493_1024x768.jpg

DSCN1494_1024x768.jpg

DSCN1495_1024x768.jpg

DSCN1496_1024x768.jpg

DSCN1497_1024x768.jpg

DSCN1498_1024x768.jpg

More pics later this week hopefully with a good HID install (highs and lows 55w 8k)

The radio looks super clean in there and just like I predicted by by trunk space. :agreed: The sub, box and amp all looks like a clean install and no holes in the gas tank. :rofl: Thats great they fixed the Intake Manifold Gasket and all. I thought you already put an intake on?

I swear, every GM pushrod V6 and V8 has a damned intake manifold leakage. :agreed:

Glad it's fixed. I would invest in an OBDII scanner for yourself, one of the simple ones, and just crossreference the codes online, or just post them here. Working at Autozone for three years, and I remember what most are just by the code. :rofl: