Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

POTM  

17 members have voted

Please sign in/register to vote or see results of poll. Votes will be made public once the poll closes.

• Founders

Figured now would be a good time to get some feedback on our old POTM competition that we used to run and whether or not the users would like to see it brought back!

First off, the number one reason why we put it on "hold" was due to the lack of people nominating other members so something I would like to visit is: what would make you more likely to participate in the POTM? Please provide any feedback, we want to hear how we can improve! (for those who forget or not sure of the rules, please check out: http://foreverpontiac.com/topic/127-potm-rules/ )

Please vote in the poll above and leave any comments in a reply to this thread, thanks! :)

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

You could try doing categories like engine bay pic for a month, butt shots :naughty: , seasonal, what not. Only issue is it would limit the potential pics to choose from and people would have to update their threads enough with pictures.

You could try doing categories like engine bay pic for a month, butt shots :naughty: , seasonal, what not. Only issue is it would limit the potential pics to choose from and people would have to update their threads enough with pictures.

notallthere would sweep the competition in butt shots

• Founders

We did do a lot of Special POTM where there was an interesting requirement around posting photos or nominating an individual.

Why do we have to nominate someone? I blast through, check the threads/post and leave. Never think to nominate. What's a NOOB to do? Start begging people to nominate their car? I was lucky enough to have been nominated on a new site. Why don't we have a thread to post your BEST shot of your car in, (include highlights/mods list in post). Admin......Select from the thread, monthly entries. We vote on monthly winner. :dancingpontiac: You want more participation?????? Only the members that care to post in the tread will REPLY. This would also prompt the member to check in on progress, Make them finish profiles!, including pic's of their cars before they can enter. Again getting them to spend some time here. (OH the tension builds to see who's selected this month!) Would also prompt a LIL more voting. WINNER is eliminate from thread. Suggestion..........Go down the list? (Everyone gets a shot) When you hit the bottom, start over.....2nd chance. :indian: Could be modified in anyway Admin wants. :slap:

• Founders

We DO have the progression section (or garage) ;) where everyone should go to post about their Pontiacs and where any one can go to find nominations. Nominations are nice because we want to avoid the same crowd over and over again, and we want to reward those who are active members. Of course, people could still nominate non-active members but having it up to all you guys, puts you in control. Problem with having a thread is that someone can come in, post there and leave, we want participation throughout the forum too. If we were to just have a forum where anyone and everyone can post we run into the Calendar issue :(

And hate to break it to you JUSTA but you have over 800 posts, you're not a noob :lol:

We DO have the progression section (or garage) ;) where everyone should go to post about their Pontiacs and where any one can go to find nominations. Nominations are nice because we want to avoid the same crowd over and over again, and we want to reward those who are active members. Of course, people could still nominate non-active members but having it up to all you guys, puts you in control. Problem with having a thread is that someone can come in, post there and leave, we want participation throughout the forum too. If we were to just have a forum where anyone and everyone can post we run into the Calendar issue :(

And hate to break it to you JUSTA but you have over 800 posts, you're not a noob :lol:

:lol2::lol2: SO WHO's counting??? I was talkin about the noobs and stated I was lucky to have been nominated, NOT KNOWING anyone here. :slap: This and that is awesome to check out the rides here, but I've dropped messages to members that never replied back. Going through the member list, most put their name on here but never finish their profiles, no pic's, nothing in the my vehicles. If you make someone go through all the hoops to be eligable for the contest, seems like they would be twice as likely to ACTIVE members. Maybe XXX number of post or threads started, private messages, ect? I'm pretty proud to have been selected with my rides AND make the calendar! I wouldn't enter my rides again, there are too many nice cars that deserve a shot. Justa throwin out some idea's as you seem pretty leary about startin this up again, as you must feel didn't work the 1st time. If your cars not runnin right, ya tune it up. :pontiac: Haven't heard much from anyone else. Lets hear from some of the real Noobs or QUIET members. What's it gonna take to get you guys involved??

JUSTA6 did make a good suggestion. and its how CobaltSS.net deals with it. (not sure if i maybe had mentioned it) the members must make their own thread with probably 10 pics max. but 10 really really good resolution pics. they might post some info or their info, not sure, as i dont have a Cobalt to enter or know what happens after. :D but ya, post limits have also been mentioned. which should probably be part of this.

Justa is not a noob (probably boob tho) Mark is the noob.

Might be an interesting to see how creative it is. How many Moderators do we have? Each one takes a month and selects a theme to stimulate interest. You can nominate yourself but the picture would have to be new and fit the theme.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...