Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Pontiac Super Stocks & Factory Experimentals of the 1960s

Here is an interesting historical link and picture gallery of the early days of drag racing....George Klass Remembers...Super Stock and Factory Experimental.

The article outlines super stock and factory experimental racing for Chevy, Pontiac,Chrysler and Ford, in that order. Pontiac starts about 1/4 of the way down. It does a good job outlining the history of Pontiac's Super Duty, and the history of Super Stock racing in general. What I like most is the very old photographs of many of Pontiac's old Super Duty race cars, back in the day, being driven the way Pontiac meant them to be - racing and winning!

I've written about the recently found and restored Stan Ancoler driven '63 SD Lemans. You can see this car as it was back in the day. Arnie "The Farmer" Beswick's SD Tempest was lost in a car fire and burnt to the ground. You will see some of the missing SD Tempest wagons racing as well.

So enjoy.....

http://georgeklass.net/super-stock.html

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Thanks for sharing! Damn, whenever I look at photos from the 50's and 60's I always wonder what is was like to live in a time like that. Awesome cars, Cold War, social changes. The mid 20th century is so fascinating.

Life was free and living on the edge, literally. NHRA safety was still in its infancy. Many of these guys raced in T-shirts, helmets, no roll bars, no fire extinguishers, etc. It was definitely a different time.

• 4 weeks later...