Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

How cool is your wife/girlfriend?

notallthere

I am getting all my Christmas shopping done for the better half and I realize I may have the only spouse that I can buy car parts for Christmas. Wahoo for the Fiero Store.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we had the money, the wife would have me buy her a WS6 4th gen Trans Am convertible. It has to be red. I am not as lucky as notallthere, Mrs. Frosty isn't into cars, she is into scrapbooking. So just shoot me now.

If we had the money, the wife would have me buy her a WS6 4th gen Trans Am convertible. It has to be red. I am not as lucky as notallthere, Mrs. Frosty isn't into cars, she is into scrapbooking. So just shoot me now.

Mine is happy to let me stash as much $$ as I can towards whatever my next project is with the GTO. scrapbooking?? Try dealing with a whole room of rubber stamps for making her own cards........................................

scrapbooking?? Try dealing with a whole room of rubber stamps for making her own cards........................................

Got that covered too. We have a couple of Cricket paper cutters. Rolls and rolls of ribbon. Paper, Albums, Page protectors....its bad. Trust me.

Got that covered too. We have a couple of Cricket paper cutters. Rolls and rolls of ribbon. Paper, Albums, Page protectors....its bad. Trust me.

The Cricket and 2 suitcases of cartridges, 3 hand roller's and die's and a small path through the middle of the "STAMP" room! Even built an awesome desk 300.00 worth of natural lighting built in and she couldn't work in there on a bet. Then have to listen about what a pain it is to keep up with all the cards she sends out.

She has an embroidery machine and is into creative writing but she also has her stash of car parts in the garage. Most of the time she will get repairs going before I get there.

• 3 weeks later...

My wife is pretty cool. She generally is not into what many women are, and has generally hated what other people(including me) will try to guess that she wants. So, after we make sure our daughter is taken care of, we buy our own stuff. I let her have whatever she might want(and do as she will with the house), she does the same for me, and leaves playing around with the car in my arena.

My wife puts up with me.Guess im really lucky lol.She's into the paintball games and that gives me time to work on the car without interuptions.Plus she goes with me to alot of car shows.

I consider myself pretty fortunate. There's a lot of reasons why but most applicable to this thread, she never complains about the time or money I put into my cars.

I consider myself pretty fortunate. There's a lot of reasons why but most applicable to this thread, she never complains about the time or money I put into my cars.

My g/f is the same, especially since I'm the one taking care of her car. Even more so since my ROHs are taking up a corner of our kitchen, since the shed has no more space. :lol:

So the wife and I are sitting there watching some car shows on TV. This is how the conversation goes:

Ms. Notallthere: We need a lift in the garage so I can work on my car easier. My head hurts when I have to lay on the floor to work on it.

Me: We need a taller larger garage to accommodate a lift.

Ms. Notallthere: So get on it.

Me: Seriously, I get a bigger garage.

Ms. Notallthere: Yes

Me: Wow you wanna fool around.

So the wife and I are sitting there watching some car shows on TV. This is how the conversation goes:

Ms. Notallthere: We need a lift in the garage so I can work on my car easier. My head hurts when I have to lay on the floor to work on it.

Me: We need a taller larger garage to accommodate a lift.

Ms. Notallthere: So get on it.

Me: Seriously, I get a bigger garage.

Ms. Notallthere: Yes

Me: Wow you wanna fool around.

This guy.

She's serious.

So is he.

I can extend the back wall of the current garage out 8 feet and vault the ceiling in the rest of the garage. This will give me enough to put in a hoist but I will not be able to lift my truck all of the way. I figure that it will cost me around 4000.00 to do the job myself except pour the pad in the back. A buddy of mine owns a cement company and he can just use the excess from a larger job. I am not sure if we will get it necessarily all done this year but I can make progress. I think we are going to do the kitchen first tho.

Check out Summit Racings vehicle lifts. They have some that go up 48 inches to 73 inches in lift height. May not go all the way up so you can walk underneath it, but it is better than being on a creeper all the time too and it will fit in the space and height of your garage. Prices range from $2400 - $5000. These are BendPak lifts too, so they are not an Asian knock off. Food for thought.

I was checking those out and if I get a full size one if we build later on in life I can transplant it and have a full size lift.