Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

RSS Official: Lexus to display turbocharged LF-NX Concept at Tokyo Motor Show

Ringo64

• Founders

Filed under: Concept Cars, Tokyo Motor Show, Crossover, Lexus, Luxury

Lexus_LF_NX-turbo.jpg

Concept cars typically have a short lifespan. They debut at a major international auto show, then make the rounds of the lesser local shows, and that's pretty much it. They might be loaned out for test drives or put on display in a museum, but by and large they've had their fifteen minutes of fame by that point. That said, Japan's automakers have found a way to keep these show cars going and keep them in the news. They're modifying them and giving them a fresh lease on life.

That's what Subaru is doing with the Viziv concept for the upcoming Tokyo Motor Show, and what Lexus is doing as well with the LF-NX concept. Having already unveiled the crossover concept at the Frankfurt Motor Show, Lexus is fitting the LF-NX with a new 2.0-liter turbo engine. (But then, as far as we could tell, Lexus never revealed engine specs for the concept in the first place.)

To go with the turbo engine, Lexus has also fitted the concept with a new front splitter, but otherwise it's the same - and even appears to be wearing the same liquid-metal paint, unlike the LF-LC concept that got repainted from red to blue when its limelight was starting to fade.

Continue reading Lexus to display turbocharged LF-NX Concept at Tokyo Motor Show

Lexus to display turbocharged LF-NX Concept at Tokyo Motor Show originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 04 Nov 2013 13:01:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments
autoblog?i=CaPDT1UoEeY:xx_PUaSeVZs:wF9xT autoblog?i=CaPDT1UoEeY:xx_PUaSeVZs:V_sGL
CaPDT1UoEeY

/>http://feeds.autoblog.com/~r/weblogsinc/autoblog/~3/CaPDT1UoEeY/

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Founders

I don't get why companies come up with wonkey (or awesome) concept cars and then the actual one looks like a bland piece of shit.

As these are just designs, they haven't undergone the engineering process to make it a feasible road going car yet. Lots of design changes happen for aerodynamics, etc..

I get that, but why not conceptualize with those factors already in mind so you don't end up practically making a whole new car instead of small design changes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

I find the concept ideas pointless unless it reflects the final product or is being used to show off technology to be implemented in future models

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Concept cars are outrageous to get attention. They'll get people interested in the brand itself, that's why so many concepts are usually released around the time big auto shows come around.

• Founders

Concept cars are outrageous to get attention. They'll get people interested in the brand itself, that's why so many concepts are usually released around the time big auto shows come around.

This.

Concepts are basically marketing schemes showing off brand awareness and ability to move forward, plus the talent of designers. Most concepts don't see the light of day so putting them the engineering process would lead to unnecessary expenses.