Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

2015 Cadillac Escalade Promo

Ringo64

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Founders

Caddy really does show what GM can really do.

Too bad the other brands don't really stack up.

Really think GM is in a great direction. The other brands are on par with this corresponding to their brand, or are equal.

Really think GM is in a great direction. The other brands are on par with this corresponding to their brand, or are equal.

Agreed! When I went to the NY Autoshow I was impressed with what GM had to offer. The only disappointment for me was the.SS because its looks didn't reflect what it has under the hood.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk 4

Agreed! When I went to the NY Autoshow I was impressed with what GM had to offer. The only disappointment for me was the.SS because its looks didn't reflect what it has under the hood.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk 4

That and it isn't even worthy to be even considered the G8 replacement

It's a Commodore. Their style was never extravagant, hell our G8 didn't even look much different than your average SS Commodore VE.

If anything, the new "SS" is basically the Chevy Lumina sold overseas. I don't see what's so bland about it, but then again the American public tends to be extremely nit picky.

• Founders

Agree with Chris, I like the SS. Looks pretty much identical to the Commodore. You got to remember it's a Chevy too, while some of their cars are now getting to be a little more aggressive in design, it still isn't meant to look overly aggressive, it's the entry level division for GM. The G8, like Chris said, was pretty much a Commodore SS (HSV) with a Pontiac badge and left-hand drive, plus some other things here and there to make it 'Merica safe/ready. GM really didn't change the styling of the Commodore VF as they are bringing it over as the Chevy SS. Maybe if they bring production over to the US for the SS it may get some changes but that's if it even lasts that long to be considered.

The SS is a car I'm thinking I may replace the G6 with here in a couple years. I don't know have a few on my list but too far away to seriously consider something, as I still love my G6.

Agree with Chris, I like the SS. Looks pretty much identical to the Commodore. You got to remember it's a Chevy too, while some of their cars are now getting to be a little more aggressive in design, it still isn't meant to look overly aggressive, it's the entry level division for GM. The G8, like Chris said, was pretty much a Commodore SS (HSV) with a Pontiac badge and left-hand drive, plus some other things here and there to make it 'Merica safe/ready. GM really didn't change the styling of the Commodore VF as they are bringing it over as the Chevy SS. Maybe if they bring production over to the US for the SS it may get some changes but that's if it even lasts that long to be considered.

The SS is a car I'm thinking I may replace the G6 with here in a couple years. I don't know have a few on my list but too far away to seriously consider something, as I still love my G6.

SOMEBODY GETS IT.

But anyway, the Holden brand really could spice up GM in the states. The Commodore could really replace the Impala, but GM has a hard on for FWD cars still.

The G8 looked mean. When I was on the showfloor there was nothing eye catching about it. I even talked to a couple guys who were around me about it and we all agreed at first glance we thought it was another Impala haha

Let's compare the G8 to the Commodore VE:

Pontiac G8 GT:

Pontiac-G8-GT1.jpg

Holden Commodore SS:

2009-2010_Holden_VE_Commodore_SS_V_sedan

Now the new SS Sedan to the Commodore VF:

Chevy SS Sedan:

chevy-ss-gray.jpg

Commodore SS:

001-holden-commodore-vf-ssv-show-car.jpg

I honestly think it's in everyone's head that us getting the new Commodore is bland.

• Founders

I honestly think it's in everyone's head that us getting the new Commodore is bland.

Think it's a lot of bias as well towards Pontiac, not that it's a bad thing, and people just see it as a G8. To me it's a Holden and we're just getting a fantastic car again!