Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Havoc's '48 Farmall "Progression"

havoc1482

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very temped to just paint the new cover Pontiac blue....

Part of me is like "Dude! You gotta paint it IH Red! Its how it supposed to be!"

but a more sinister part of me is like "Pontiac, the excitement division.. :badGT: "

Although the blue is actual engine enamel and the other is rattlecan IH red.

I'm very temped to just paint the new cover Pontiac blue....

Part of me is like "Dude! You gotta paint it IH Red! Its how it supposed to be!"

but a more sinister part of me is like "Pontiac, the excitement division.. :badGT: "

Although the blue is actual engine enamel and the other is rattlecan IH red.

Not concerned with having an entirely red tractor with a blue cover ?

Not concerned with having an entirely red tractor with a blue cover ?

You wouldn't see it while the hoods on, Youd see everything below it. I'm thinking I'm gonna go with the IH Red. I have a friend that can do automotive painting, I'll ask to see if he can give it some IH Red.

May be you paint the cylinder head and valve cover the correct Farmall IH red and the paint the valve cover with Pontiac blue in the shape of the Pontiac Indian head logo on the side that can be seen easily.

Say something like this:

Pontiac%20Indian%20Logo.jpg

BTW - I'd say you got one really sweet deal on that cylinder head. For the price of gas round-trip and $150 plus your old head, I think you are money ahead. Well done. Now you have a source of advice and parts too.

I LIKE YOUR THINKING FROSTY! Painting the valve cover with a design will give me something fun to do while I wait for the rest of the parts. I've been thinking about naming the tractor "Chief" as a tribute to Pontiacs of the same time period.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

I LIKE YOUR THINKING FROSTY! Painting the valve cover with a design will give me something fun to do while I wait for the rest of the parts. I've been thinking about naming the tractor "Chief" as a tribute to Pontiacs of the same time period.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Perhaps you want to try using the CASE IH font to make the word "Chief" too. It will make the IH guys think for a minute or two. The CASE IH logo has all the letters/font scale you need to make the word chief. You can use the "E" to make the "F". You can use the "E" to make a capital "I" or use the lower case "i". Maybe you slide the 2 halves of the letter "H" together....maybe not.

Good job. After this you should get the urge to drink strong beer, complain about the youngens, and have a complete disregard for the stupid that anyone under 30 can perform.

Good job. After this you should get the urge to drink strong beer, complain about the youngens, and have a complete disregard for the stupid that anyone under 30 can perform.

:lol2:

Okay so, I adjusted the bumper screw, not too far in. The hunting seems to stop. In the video towards the end I open the choke with my hand on the carb. Then I gave it a little throttle and it quit, thoughts?

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hitsdgVZaN8

Made this sweet radiator drain valve using a 1/4 ball valve, its so much more convenient then having to find a 3 gallon container for the whole thing. I just fill a bottle, close it, grab another and repeat. Plus I can regulate the flow so it doesn't piss everywhere lol

1622591_10202146943089701_1093045457_n.j1896817_10202146943289706_2091692405_n.j

• 2 weeks later...

Uhg, My transmission was FULL of water and ice. I drained it and well, I'll take a video of what came out.... I need to do a flush. They say kerosene is the best thing do to. Any other suggestions? I refilled it with more 85W-140 for now.

Shit. I also forgot to replace the fluid in the bull gears. I hate doing that. I think I have a selective memory. haha