Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Havoc's '48 Farmall "Progression"

havoc1482

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wut? lol Anyways. I'm gonna be converting the tractor to a 12volt system. Anything you guys can think of that I might want to know before I tackle this? I know this is not a car, but any advise is better than none. Obviously I need an Alternator, 12V battery, and new 12v headlamps. Its currently a 6volt, positive ground, system. I've also heard that I can keep the starter.

All I was given was this diagram and I have no idea what exactly I'm looking at.

05-12vAlternatorConv-rev4_22_08.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Left right wheel has a really bad wobble in it. I think its the knuckle arm set screw. Number 35

1380832_10201356594571482_1747754671_n.j

Its possibly loose within the arm, hopefully its an easy fix.

So I fixed that wobble. The Set Screw had to be tightened. Now on to the next thing. I'm so close to getting this snowplow ready to mount. I finally go the metal plate cut for attaching the plow arms (Which keep it still and prevent it from rocking back and forth underneath the front axle.) Now the two pieces need to be bent a little to put then flush against the plate! Nothing a little heat and a vise can't fix

1377123_10201377186086257_194299589_n.jp

1002916_10201377186606270_2035900852_n.j

Finally go the snow plow mounted and ready!

1395175_10201391068353305_2055098086_n.j

1381550_10201391068713314_363856014_n.jp

1385809_10201391069353330_1598119704_n.j

I also bought a 6/12 Volt battery charger. The tractor was dead today and it worked well. Hopefully I wont have to use it often in the dead of winter.

Wow! Looks like an old Super C. Without the exhaust cover there is probably water in a cylinder or two. If I were you I'd see if there was a way to preserve it. Put a cap on it maybe. It looks like its in good condition, it'd be a shame to let it go to waste.

EDIT: Yep definitely a Super C. It has Touch Control hydraulics and I spot the disc brakes, a tell-tale Super C, H, and M feature.

Is this thing for sale? Ever thought of trying to restore an old tractor? Its much easier than a car lol

Now did you say the starter turned? How? I see no battery, or do you mean the flywheel itself moved? Is the engine seized up? If the engine isn't frozen then GET A DAMN COVER ON THAT EXHAUST! Frozen engines are a pain in the ass to loosen and sometimes you cannot at all. It really kills me to see such a beautiful machine just sitting there getting no love.

I have a feeling it was used as a parts tractor. Its missing all of the eletricals... Lights, generator, coil pack, and magneto. Grill is obviously gone too, along with the radiator cap, gas cap, exhaust cap, and oil cap. Still though, other than being stuck in the ground I cannot see why it can't be restored. Parts are easy to find and they are actually still available via independent companies AND CaseIH.

Damn, I would kill to have that thing brought to me for a resto-job.

So I replaced the fluid in the IH "Touch Control" system aka the hydraulics. Good thing I bought extra fluid because I totally flushed the system wrong. I had the manual sitting in my room with the instructions and I didn't even bother reading it haha. The old fluid was very milky, which means it had water in the mix. That is VERY BAD, especially for a hydraulic system that uses metal lines to/from the pump and the unit itself is cast iron. Problem is that I didn't follow the instructions for a full flush.

I have to run the engine at 650rpm, then remove the filler plug and move both levers back and forth 10-12 times, the place the levers in the rear position and turn the engine off. I skipped that step and did it like I was replacing the oil in an engine lol.

I also have to get a temp gauge for the Touch Control. That'll run my 90 bucks. Expensive for such a little part, but necessary because I will have that little thing under constant load in the winter.