Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

So I bought another... "car"

havoc1482

No Havoc, you misead my comments on the Cutlass, I respected their attempts to combine old school and traditional Olds luxury touches on a newer car. I also said they failed exceptionally well at it. Customizing a car is a personal taste. the only person the owner has to satisfy is themselves. You can love or you can hate it.

Someone attempted something out of the box. I applaud their effort and recognize what they attempted to do. I can respect what they were trying to do. My comments to Indymanjoe about appreciating that someone made fender skirts for a car that never had any, that it took time and effort to make and then match the complicated body molding is worth noting. They did a good job with the fab work. Do I like the end result of the car overall - no, not at all but I don't have to either. I appreciate the fab and paint skills it took to make them, that's all.

As for the truck, I spoke to owner for some time about it. It's a rat rod, clearly. He made it to get the looks and humorous comments it generates. Its meant to look like the POS that it is. I get it. I see a lot of rat rods at shows and I talk to the owners. I see lot of creative things and ideas. There are other niche automotive cultures out there too: hot rods, lead sleds, pro street, pro touring, donks, low riders, pure concurs restoration, mini-cars, antiques, rock crawlers. baja runners, just to name a few. I can appreciate the skills it takes to build any one of these vehicles, the parts, the engineering, the creativity. Still doesn't mean I want to owe any one of them necessarily.

I thought you might find this particular vehicle humorous based on your recent purchase and being on a farm. Apparently I was wrong in my vain attempt at humor. I apologize for my error in judgement.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i cant see the pics,Nice tractor Havoc.Looks too nice to use.is it a show Piece?

Both, actually. These tractors can hit the dirt and after a quick spray with the hose are ready for show. I plan to use mine for what it was built for, but I also plant to try and keep it good looking, It was recently restored so it'll take years, hell decades, before it'll need a workover. Another sidenote about these things are they never really lose or gain value. Actually, the price of these tractors has been on the rise since the 90's because people are more organic minded and want to have their own little farms and gardens.

No Havoc, you misead my comments on the Cutlass, I respected their attempts to combine old school and traditional Olds luxury touches on a newer car. I also said they failed exceptionally well at it. Customizing a car is a personal taste. the only person the owner has to satisfy is themselves. You can love or you can hate it.

Someone attempted something out of the box. I applaud their effort and recognize what they attempted to do. I can respect what they were trying to do. My comments to Indymanjoe about appreciating that someone made fender skirts for a car that never had any, that it took time and effort to make and then match the complicated body molding is worth noting. They did a good job with the fab work. Do I like the end result of the car overall - no, not at all but I don't have to either. I appreciate the fab and paint skills it took to make them, that's all.

As for the truck, I spoke to owner for some time about it. It's a rat rod, clearly. He made it to get the looks and humorous comments it generates. Its meant to look like the POS that it is. I get it. I see a lot of rat rods at shows and I talk to the owners. I see lot of creative things and ideas. There are other niche automotive cultures out there too: hot rods, lead sleds, pro street, pro touring, donks, low riders, pure concurs restoration, mini-cars, antiques, rock crawlers. baja runners, just to name a few. I can appreciate the skills it takes to build any one of these vehicles, the parts, the engineering, the creativity. Still doesn't mean I want to owe any one of them necessarily.

I thought you might find this particular vehicle humorous based on your recent purchase and being on a farm. Apparently I was wrong in my vain attempt at humor. I apologize for my error in judgement.

Well you led me in the direction to believe that It was simply a POS. That, combined with the fact that the recent string of jokes have been on me and my upbringing put it in a negative light in my eyes. Jokes are good, everyone gets their share of humiliation and for the most part, I've been quite a good sport about it. When I posted this I expected the jokes haha, no doubt, but I figured a person like you would also be interested/fascinated by this piece of classic American manufacturing, because you of all people should appreciate that.

Its like if I called you weird or poked fun at you for your liking to true ACDelco items, like plugs. Trust me, it gets old fast.

Havoc, I made fun of this truck yes. I did not, in any way, slam your purchases, did I? So if I failed to say that you made a good purchase, I apologize again. Of course, I appreciate this sort of Americana.

Easy, ladies. Don't let this escalate past this point. Take it to PMs if you need to debate more like that. I don't want to come back and see another page of posts like this.

With that said, that Cutlass was riced as fuck and that pickup is so OG it hurts.

Wait ... those two are 'respected'? ... damn, no wonder this place felt so comfortable. I found me a new gutter to wallow in. If they're the respected ones ... who're the lowlife scummy sorts? Need to know who my competition is.

Take it easy guys, don't want to see this as a bigger issue. You both are great and respected members of this forum so let's just chill down for a bit :)

C'mon....I thought you only used that line for me! :lol2::dancingpontiac:

Me and Justa6

There are 4 mystery members dressed in Havoc face, AND posted online. :slap::slap: Like tryin to lick the last drop of beer from the bottom of the can. WE ARE the bottom feeders. Like us or not. :lol2:

Take it easy guys, don't want to see this as a bigger issue. You both are great and respected members of this forum so let's just chill down for a bit :)

We are taking it to PMs to keep this thread clean.

Also, I just found out that I bought a 1948 Super A, not a regular A.

In 1947 the serials for a Super A started at 250001 and ended in 250081.

In 1948 the serial started with 250082 and went until 268195

The serial for this tractor is 259383. That puts in within the range of a 1948 Farmall Super A

The Super A has factory hydraulics and it an overall more useful piece of equipment. So this tractor itself is actually worth $3000, but I paid that much for the tow, 4 implements, some miscellaneous equipment like the PTO u-joints and spare parts, and the tractor itself. Now, I'm gonna have to change the decal from A to Super A haha

Ringo I might have to start a website called Forever Farmall hahahah