Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

58Bonne's 1958 Bonneville

2019 June
of the Month

• Welcome to Forever Pontiac

We are a community of Pontiac enthusiasts. The purpose of our community is to keep alive the Pontiac spirit by sharing (or showing off) our cars, discussing Pontiac, helping each other work on our cars and find information, plus attend various meets/shows/etc... To aid discussion, sharing, event planning and selling of parts/cars/anything, we have various parts of the website to aid this from Forums to an online Garage to Classifieds to even a Document Download Repository. You can find links to these in our navigation above based on what each section helps with (discussion, local events, learning, etc...).

We invite you to contribute, find help or just view some of our member's amazing cars! Don't forget, we also have great contests from time to time (like our Pontiac of the Month and yearly calendar contest) and our Pontiac This OR That, a fun game where you choose the best of two randomly selected Pontiacs from our online garage.

We look forward to seeing you around!

Sign in to follow this  
matt06g6

my g6

well i stopped at the body shop yesterday before work and this is how far they got, he said its gonna cost me 1700 now for everything because of problems that they ran into like they have to custom fab clips for the bumpers to clip into place and stuff, well here is one of the pics i took of the front end

g6.jpg

0219101442a.jpg

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

:lol2: :nom_noms: :rofl:

lol you know whats funny jedi? the body shop said he had to take a sledge hammer and beat my front bumper support in a bit just to fit the front bumper lmfao

Yikes :lol2: beating your car into submission.

moved to The Car Show

lol yep, my mom was like tellin me that i really got my self deep in this one, i got close to 6200 into it now :0

Just curious, why are paying for a shop to install the kit? :lol2:

You could have saved yourself a crapload of cash and do it yourself.

because it has to be custom fitted and custom brackets were made for it to be clipped in, i didnt want the hassel to have to do all that since im a full time student and work at the same time. so i needed it done quickly :lol2:

I call BS on the "custom" clips... not saying you're BSing... the shop is pulling your weenie... all they have to do is drill holes!!! there are no custom clips that need to be made... all you use are the stock bumper retainer clips or GM/replacent bumper clips.... those christmas tree looking black clips you just push in.... simple!!!

dude im 18, ya the guy could be bs but he is doing it the way he wants to, so im just letting him do it, i just want my car done, ya know? bc im not gonna complain since he is the cheepest quote ive gotten, i rather spend 1700 with this guy than spend 4000 with the other body shops that quoted me

0219101442a.jpg

Is that a glare or is someone joking around and put a Bentley badge on your car? :lol2:

$1700 still seems a little high for me at least, should be like $500ish for paint maybe $800 for both back and front install shouldn't be $900+!!!! :blink: Unless he's doesn't know what he's doing and messing things up and having to repair them :rofl:

dude im 18, ya the guy could be bs but he is doing it the way he wants to, so im just letting him do it, i just want my car done, ya know? bc im not gonna complain since he is the cheepest quote ive gotten, i rather spend 1700 with this guy than spend 4000 with the other body shops that quoted me

I didn't mean to get you panties in a bunch, or sound like a douche either... I was simply implying that there is no need to fab anything special to do the install... that's all.

All that matters is that you're happy and the car looks good!!! :blink:

Just curious whats he doing exactly? maybe that will clear up peoples confusing/questions.

painting the whole car?

two tone? what colors too if so?

just the bodykit?

ect......

:nom_noms:

Guest GA_Girl2002

oh jeeze guys it'll look perfectly fine when it's done, yes this guy is also painting matts car & as far as i know & remember it will be a two tone paint job.

im pretty sure black & the charcoal color. & painting the body kit to match the rest of the car.

oh jeeze guys it'll look perfectly fine when it's done, yes this guy is also painting matts car & as far as i know & remember it will be a two tone paint job.

im pretty sure black & the charcoal color. & painting the body kit to match the rest of the car.

Wow price seems a lot better now!! lol. Sounds tight, can't wait to see it Matt!

Guest GA_Girl2002

lol, yeah thats why i was like aw.. guys i thought it was a good idea & then jedi decided to clear it up a bit, but it'll look sweet :lol2: im stealing his car next weekend :blink:

Looks AWESOME! and that's not a Bentley badge, If I remember correctly those are wings for a pilot I believe...

Thanks amber:) & its not a bentley emblem, lol its a harley davidson skull with pilots wings, everyone things its a bentley emblem lol all good, ya i cant wait to get it back, i miss it:( it sucks not bein able to go cruisin & yes amber is dying to cruise in it next weekend lol

Is it me, or do I see a dent in the rear quarter panel?

Reflexion lol, my dad already asked me about tha

no dan i see what you are talking about now that you have pointed it out. i didnt notice it before but i do now..

Not a dent, its the way i took picture

when will it be done?

He said he was gonna work on it all day tmrrw & hopefully be painted & done by wednesday, bc im sick of driving my moms crv lol