Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Hood Bird

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

That demands on which part of the country you live in. It also depends on how much you want to spend on it. For example, do you want it to look stock or perhaps jazz it up with true fire, embedded skulls, etc. That means you want to find someone who is an airbrush artist as well. Jazzing it will cost most money too. Mike Lavallee from Killer Paint in Washington is the premiere true fire painter in the country and commands the premiere price too.

You could also consider doing it yourself if you have the tools and knowledge to do it yourself. If this is a stock hood decal, you can purchase a stencil from Stencils and Stripes. It isn't terribly complicated to do, but you need to the right tools, preparation, cleaning and paint chemicals, spray guns, etc.If you don't have these things or you don't have enough confidence in your abilities, then definitely hire it out.

I'm near Pittsburgh, PA. I plan to spend between $3,000- $4,000 including the cost & application of the hood bird from Phoenix Graphix.

Too bad Chip Foose isn't near by!

Phoenix Graphix is an excellent choice for the bird decal, or are they going to send you a stencil for painting it on?

http://www.phoenixgraphix.com/transam/7981ta.php

I'm going to buy the whole graphics kit. That way I can pick & choose what I want to have applied ie hood bird, sail panel etc.

I thought I would go with the 5 shades of silver bird.

Phoenix Graphix is an excellent choice for the bird decal, or are they going to send you a stencil for painting it on?

Most things with the title "Phoenix" are excellent choices :dancingpontiac:B)