Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Woodward Dream Cruise / Back to the Bricks 2013

Frosty

I got there late. I misjudged how far away gran rapids was. Anything going on tomorrow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

There will be tons of crusin going on tomorrow. Organized events will be few. Sorry we missed you. Had a blast!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I have no plans to be there tomorrow. There are no official events on the Sunday after the Dream Cruise that I know of (I don't know why, sorry). I've been cruising since Thursday. So I need to clean out the car.

Sorry we missed you. How long did it take you to get from Grand Rapids to Woodward?

I've got pictures for both Back to the Bricks and Woodward to post later. I just got home after having dinner with the boys from West Virginia.

I hated leaving so early, but the family was definitely showing signs the heat was affecting them. On the way back I pulled into the Walmart supercenter on 14th mile and Van dyke to let them see what they look like ... with half an hour in the AC they were back to themselves. I'm surprised given the quantity of liquids they drank, but it just goes to show you can't let your guard down on these things. I was great meeting up again even if only for a short time. But the family got to do the cruise from 12 mile up ... then enjoy the corner ... now they finally know what Woodward is.

Pro - it was great to catch up with you again, see the new old Olds, and meet your family. The one thing we forget to do was try to call Guitarsextreme and harass his butt. I can't wait until next year.

Something else I forgot was to challenge you guys. I had one hubcap that I simply could not get to go on, no matter what. i was gonna offer $5 to the person who could do it .. clean slipped my mind.

Had a fantastic day with Frosty, Notallthere and Proffessor and family's. Indyjoe came down late, and never saw Killerspeed. NEW CONTEST.....Guess the mess. BEFORE anyone starts spoutin out HAVOC......Justa remember real men don't wear PINK! LOL

Gto12045_zpsdd102908.jpg

Let the guessing begin!

:lol: havocs long lost family.

Just a quick post to let you know we're still alive. Prof V2.0 drove yesterday .. From Warren up the 75, off on m-15 to see the gent with the uber-fast custom cruiser ... then she drove the rest of the way up the m-15 to the 69, out the border and all the way to Niagara Falls. Quite the achievement on a learner's permit.

As for the gent with the dragster ... his rear interior is in lots better shape than mine so I reserved several panels along with his rear hatch. His has the hi-mounted tail light that mine lacks. Given how un-bright the tail lamps are on this boat, that little bit of extra insurance is well worth it. There's one other person that's interested in the complete interior .. I said I'll give him first crack, but only if he takes it all .. if he wants only pieces too, i'm up first. Regardless, I still want the rear hatch. He's not sure when he'll have the rest of the interior out, but the hatch won't be availible until he can get to NY to pick up the fibreglass replacement he found out there. Looks like I'll have occasion to make a run back to the area in the fall. He did have the wiper motor out on a bench and I picked it up for a song. Actually, he wanted less than I was prepared to give, so he threw in the rest of the wiper linkage and the wiper arms and a new set of blades. He's also got a set of crager wheels up for grabs in the 5x5 ... x10". My rims are crap .. but can I really put 10" rears on .. do they even make 10" winter tires? Oh, the temptation.

BTW, his Cruiser ... bottom 12 second quarters. He's hoping the weight shedding will get him into the high 11s. 455 bored out, 11-1 compression, dual snorkle intake (pulled the hi-beams glass and snuck the intakes tubes there .. very slick) .. no computer, no NOS, no injection .. doing it all the old fashioned way. He started the engine and when he turned it off, all I could think was .. I need a cold shower and a cigarette now. Then i started thinking ... there's zero visible difference between the 307 olds and the 403 ..... BAD THOUGHTS ....BADBADBADBAD .... no one would ever have to know ... STOP STOP stop stop .... it's a quick swap ... surely there's a 403 lying in a scrap yard just itching to be saved .... *wimper* ...

Pro - I am impressed with the route since I literally live under 2 miles from the M-15 / I-69 interchange. We could have done lunch.

The 403 is technically a small block Olds. Hmmmm... the possibilities. I'm not helping, am I?

Glad you guys made it home safe N sound. I'm 3 miles from I-75 and M-15. You forgot about your hubcap, I forgot to put up the Coolrides banner and snap a quick pic...........DAAAAAAAAAA. Frosty knows what I'm talkin about. I also brought the Pontiac logo lights thinking I could show you guys what they look like. It was too bright out to see the logo in my trunk. Til next year my friends. GOOD TIMES.

Sad day for me

Never made it... Just finished moving my buddy last night.

Any more meets this year?

Still a bunch of shows N cruise nights. Know of one close to you. LOL Will meet ya there when your up N running.

Joe, a few events I am thinking of are:

Shelby Lions Club Car show at the old Packard Proving Grounds - Sept 15th

Golling Car Show for Lake Orion Senior Citizen Center - Sept 21st

Bob Sellars Buick-Pontiac Car show in Farmington Hills - Sept 22nd.

I will make my annual pilgrimage to Charleston WV to the Rod Run and Doo Wop - Oct 2-6

I won't make Frankenmuth but I might come up on Sunday.

Care to elaborate?

He somehow got wind of the Havoc gag N wanted no part of it. :lol2: Then again, Havoc could of driven his tractor from Grand Rapids in less than 4 hrs. :slap: Maybe next year. Hope you still got some crusin in when ya got here. :dancingpontiac:

He somehow got wind of the Havoc gag N wanted no part of it.

I find that hard to believe. Who would not want to be part it? I'll bet Indymanjoe wishes he was part of it.

• Founders

I find that hard to believe. Who would not want to be part it? I'll bet Indymanjoe wishes he was part of it.

I wish I was part of it....... Hell, havoc wishes he was part of it :lol:

Tired of these Ads? Purchase Enhanced Membership today to remove them!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.