Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Woodward Dream Cruise / Back to the Bricks 2013

Frosty

Well, we're supposed to be picking up V2.0 at her work Friday at 4:30pm, then bat-outta-hell through ontario Friday night to be there for Saturday morning. I'll keep my options open since nobody's said "Don't do it, you fool". If nothing else, it'll be different compared to the last couple of times

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

OK - the next question I have is what day and approximate time do you think you will be coming through the Windsor tunnel?

If you come through on Saturday morning, it had better be real early because it will get crowded before 10 am. Once that happens the Woodward Dream Cruise becomes the Woodward Dream Crawl in certain sections. So you could spend 2 hours or more going the 16 miles - just to get to us in Pontiac (without getting off Woodward and going around). I just want you to remember that little cruise in the Lemans last year with you, and Mr and Mrs notallthere.

So I am not suggesting that you don't do it. I am suggesting that you get there early so you can get up and down Woodward easily and not stress out the family.

Do you still have my cell phone number? You can confirm that in a direct email to me.

I'll check. Time should be stupid early. Much will depend on how the run in goes. My logistics at this point are still all up in the air. Travelling with family complicates things. Solo I'd leave at 9pm, roll all night and be there when I stop. With family, I have to consider pee stops, meals, might even need to stop to sleep. I'll already be on the back side of MTL so I don't need to worry about that traffic. It'll be well outside rush hour for Toronto by the time I get there so that's no bother either. It's all going to depend on whether or not I want to leave at 5pm and get in around 2am, take a room and get some rest ... or leave late, let the family sleep in the car on the way, and those who don't have to tough it out ... thereby saving the cost of a night's stay. Option A means it's dark and there's nothing to see. Option B means negotiating a metropolitan area after 10 hours behind the wheel. But since I'm off work Friday, I can load up on sleep before we head out. Neither are ideal scenarios, and I really haven't spent a lot of time planning at this point.

That is a decision you and the wife have to make. Personally, I am a fan of sleep, just not while driving. You're call on that one.

Got the parking pass. I am good to go. Gonna roll out about 3 on the friday and get there by 4. We are packing light as the Fiero is not known for trunk space.

Got the parking pass. I am good to go. Gonna roll out about 3 on the friday and get there by 4. We are packing light as the Fiero is not known for trunk space.

Ready to build a Fiero trailer???? LOL Solved my haulin probs. Guy sold the the runner of the 2 he had for sale by me N junked the other. :slap:

Not sure what time I will be there on Friday. I want to take 1/2 day off so I'd like to get there around noonish to set-up the canopy and chairs at least, and cruise with the wife and kid for awhile. Need to see how things go though. I will probably have to leave somewhat early for dinner and so they can finish packing. They are leaving for Florida in the morning.

Not sure what time I will be there on Friday. I want to take 1/2 day off so I'd like to get there around noonish to set-up the canopy and chairs at least, and cruise with the wife and kid for awhile. Need to see how things go though. I will probably have to leave somewhat early for dinner and so they can finish packing. They are leaving for Florida in the morning.

Are you taking them to the airport SAT AM? Did you get the VIP invite for coffee N doughnuts Sat AM at the M1 Concorse? I will be stopping by there before hittin my parking spot.

No invite to the M-1 concourse. I am thinking that my in-laws will take them to the airport. I don't know their departure time yet, so if its earlier enough, I would take them.

Looks like I won't be out to Woodward until Friday evening now. I will have to work most of the day it seems. Dang it.

It runs most of the day. The cops shut things down after 8-9 pm though. A vast majority of people leave before then to avoid huge traffic tie ups getting to the expressways.

It runs most of the day. The cops shut things down after 8-9 pm though. A vast majority of people leave before then to avoid huge traffic tie ups getting to the expressways.

im staing the night in grand rapids and then heading down to royal oak around 11ish am

Why is the weekend not here yet?

Sounds like a philosophical question...I am sure Nietzsche, Hegel or Descrates could give a good argument.

I can not teach the boy - he has no patience!

Just confirmed that we can check in at 3am in Warren, and confirmed that my parking pass is en-route. Last time my vacation plans were this big a hash I was tenting on the east coast when a pair of hurricanes came rolling up.

You will be getting to bed around the time I have to get up and take the family to the airport for 8 am departure.

Oh Fudge ... get off the sidiewalks folks ... I just got confirmation from the MI Department of State ... All canadian licenses are reciprocal with MI ... that means Daddy's little girl is gonna be piloting 4000lbs of American Iron on the dirty streets of Detroit very shortly with nothing but her learner's permit clutched in her tiny little fist.

Want me to give you a wakeup call?

Nah....I have a four-legged alarm clock that wakes me up early every morning telling me "Daddy I need to go pee now"

Oh Fudge ... get off the sidiewalks folks ... I just got confirmation from the MI Department of State ... All canadian licenses are reciprocal with MI ... that means Daddy's little girl is gonna be piloting 4000lbs of American Iron on the dirty streets of Detroit very shortly with nothing but her learner's permit clutched in her tiny little fist.

So what are you saying? If we don't like the way she drives, stay the hell at home? For her safety as well as our own? Nice.

Tired of these Ads? Purchase Enhanced Membership today to remove them!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.