Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

what percent tint?

ok choice number

1. 20 percent

2. 15 percent

3 10 percent

4. 5 percent

5 2.5 percent

I had to edit the topic title the incorrect spelling was bothering me. lol

-Ringo

I had to edit Ringo's edit because his poor use of english was bothering me. lol

Jedi3

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Founders

Yea 2.5, ummm you'd be insane to have that on a DD bud!

I'm really happy with mine I have 25% front and 15% back, looks great, performs great in the sun, can see great at night and I'm legal in the state of Florida so I don't get tickets :D

Yea 2.5, ummm you'd be insane to have that on a DD bud!

I'm really happy with mine I have 25% front and 15% back, looks great, performs great in the sun, can see great at night and I'm legal in the state of Florida so I don't get tickets :D

see here 37 is legal so i atleast doing 20 all round

I have 20% all around and I am happy with it. It keeps the car cooler in the summer and just enough so that you have difficulty looking in.

• 3 weeks later...

I had 15% all around moved to a different state and got pulled over daily for it because front windows are illegal so now I have 15% on all 3 windows.. pissed too.. :(

Guest GA_Girl2002

like matt says, just roll the window down! haha, i can barley see at night with mine also, but you get used to it. 2.5 is way to dark!

i like 15% all around IMO.

HAD 15% in the front and still have 5% in the back half... I got pulled over a couple of months back for the fronts and had to decide wether to pay $230 and keep them on or take them off and pay only $25... I'll eventually get them redone. :badGT:

As far as YOUR tint goes.... if your gonna do ILLEGAL % tint... go with 5% all around... the film itself (brand) is what determines the visibility... I had 5% Lumar in my Crown Vic and it was a b*tch to see at night... the one I have on now... I could see perfectly fine...

• Founders

Just spray paint them black, seeing is overrated! :badGT:

spray-ultra-flat-black-200.jpg

:willy_nilly: Lane change, good luck everybody!!!!!

I have 4 layers of 5% on the back window of my S-10 and the rest was one layer of 5%. Here in Missouri the legal limit is 35% on the sides. I got pulled over and had to peel the tint off my side windows and was fined. So I would check local laws on tint some times you can tint the back darker than the front.

I have 4 layers of 5% on the back window of my S-10 and the rest was one layer of 5%. Here in Missouri the legal limit is 35% on the sides. I got pulled over and had to peel the tint off my side windows and was fined. So I would check local laws on tint some times you can tint the back darker than the front.

:rofl: