Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Jim Wanger's Signatire Edition GTO Project Car For Sale on eBay

I stumbled across this beauty. If you recall a few years ago, a company called Big 3 Performance was selected to build modernized edition of the '69 Pontiac GTO Judge called the Jim Wanger's Signature Series. Jim was very involved in the design and details of this car since it bares his name - after all, he is the God Father of the GTO. One car was produced and two other more were started. After the first prototype was produced to rave automotive reviews, the company folded mysteriously.

Well one of the two other cars is now on eBay for sale. Check it out. It would be an awesome car to complete, if you have the time and money.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-Pontiac-GTO-project-vehicle-/261226221019?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3cd24bcddb#ht_2630wt_1165

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Especially the $$$ part.

Still, a lot of car for $25k in my book. A Butler 500 Poncho motor. A real GTO Judge, Wanger Signature edition wheels. roll cage. coil overs, rack and pinion steering, just price all that stuff out individually.

When I found out that they had bought a RUST FREE 69 Tempest OHC car to use on the 1st build ,

I immediately called the Camming commission to have a stop order filed :D

388.jpg

I stand corrected.

So what did the Camming Commision say? The car has a Bulter motor in it now. The OHC is outta' there. :lol2:

Never trust a guy who has more hair now then when he was 30 ;)

It took some time but I did dig up the story with the OHC Tempest. I do however have to correct my memory the OHC car was used on the "Race" clone.

Cool cars but "I" will never honor a murdered Cammer! :D

Heres the story...

http://www.highperformancepontiac.com/tech/hppp_1007_wangers_edition_69_gto_buildup/viewall.html

The Big 3 Performance built Jim Wanger Edition cars were suppose to be made in the same "continuation" theme as the new Mr. Norm and Baldwin-Motion cars that were coming out. I suppose you could add the Burt Reynolds Edition Trans Ams from YearOne and the Eleanor cars from the now defunct Unique Performance to the list as well. Sadly, only the prototype was ever built and no one seems to know why Big 3 Performance went belly up.

...and no jokes about Jim's hair....in front of the children. Its not nice! :lol2:

The bidding window ended this morning. No one bid on this car. No takers at the $25,000 reserve price.

I'm getting ready to sell a Jim Wangers signature GTO for less then that ;)

3.jpg

4.jpg

8.jpg

N.jpg

:D

Nice - who's the other signature or writing I see in the lower left of the picture SPRINT6?

Sorry about that didn't realize I dropped them when I was setting up the slide show for the GTO :o

http://s412.photobucket.com/user/SPRINT-6/slideshow/RED

N.jpg

M.jpg

Sorry about that didn't realize I dropped them when I was setting up the slide show for the GTO :o

http://s412.photobucket.com/user/SPRINT-6/slideshow/RED

N.jpg

M.jpg

Uncle Milty !!!!!

Way, way cool!!!! Did he give you any advice on how to tweak it?

You might want to either find the HPP link or scan the article and post it here. It was an awesome car. I would love to know the story why this company went bankrupt either building this car or shortly there after. It has been a really quiet story - unlike the old Unique Performance in Texas, where the feds shut them down.

• Founders

You might want to either find the HPP link or scan the article and post it here. It was an awesome car. I would love to know the story why this company went bankrupt either building this car or shortly there after. It has been a really quiet story - unlike the old Unique Performance in Texas, where the feds shut them down.

:agreed:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...