Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

RSS Report: Driving while using medical marijuana not necessarily illegal in Michigan

Ringo64

• Founders

Filed under: Etc., Government/Legal

marijuana-driving-628.jpg

It's going to be a while before we've figured out our brave new marijuana-approved world. The next lesson comes courtesy of the Michigan Supreme Court, which has reportedly ruled that it isn't necessarily against the law for a medical marijuana user to drive with the drug in their system. The ruling comes after motorist Rodney Koon was busted for doing 83 miles per hour in a 55-mph zone and tested positive for "internal possession of marijuana."

Koon said it had been at least six hours since he "used his medicine," and the blood test registered 10 nanograms per milliliter of the active ingredient in marijuana, THC. The 86th District Court in Grand Traverse County, MI - the county where Koon was caught - ruled that it took five times that amount to declare a person stoned.

But that was the ruling of a single court. The problem for the Michigan Supreme Court justices was that the state of Michigan hasn't explicitly identified the threshold for being under the influence marijuana, the same way it usually takes a blood-alcohol level of at least .08 to be considered under the influence of alcohol, and charged with driving while intoxicated. The vagaries pitted the state's Zero Tolerance policy against the protections accorded by Michigan's Medical Marijuana Act, and the Zero Tolerance policy lost. We imagine there'll be a rematch - yet another one - soon enough.

Driving while using medical marijuana not necessarily illegal in Michigan originally appeared on Autoblog on Sat, 25 May 2013 17:03:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments
autoblog?i=UG0_vmoP6Es:2ydvTcLoErk:wF9xT autoblog?i=UG0_vmoP6Es:2ydvTcLoErk:V_sGL
UG0_vmoP6Es

/>http://feeds.autoblog.com/~r/weblogsinc/autoblog/~3/UG0_vmoP6Es/

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Driving high is f*cking terrifying. I don't go near a car because I get so nervous that I probably put myself and others in danger.

I know its different for everyone, but I bet I'm not the only one like that.

I pity the soul that hits me or my wife while driving high.