Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I had a Fiero, but alas I don't know how to do an engine swap!

the funny part is neither do i. i bought the car cheap with the engine blown so i said the heck with it i cant screw it up anymore that it already is so i might as well jump in and learn how. so thats what i did. there was a good write up on how to do it on the fiero forum that was very helpfull. so far getting out wasnt to difficult. but im thinking putting it is going to be challenge mainly trying to remember where everything goes. might have to call in some experts to help me out lol

On the bright side with your swap, you have all the help you could ever need in the PFF guys! I love that place. I'm conducting vast quantities of research on my ecotec swap right now. I've never done an engine swap so I figured I'd start out with a hard one.

Welcome to FP! I really enjoy your collection of Pontiacs. I have a 2005 Sunfire and a 1988 Fiero. My dad has a 1977 Can Am, 2003 Aztek, 1988 Fiero GT, and my stepmom has a 2005 Bonneville GXP.

Welcome to FP. I also own an '86 Trans Am. I have the Recaro seats in mine so it is black/gold. You have a great set of Ponchos there.

On the bright side with your swap, you have all the help you could ever need in the PFF guys! I love that place. I'm conducting vast quantities of research on my ecotec swap right now. I've never done an engine swap so I figured I'd start out with a hard one.

Welcome to FP! I really enjoy your collection of Pontiacs. I have a 2005 Sunfire and a 1988 Fiero. My dad has a 1977 Can Am, 2003 Aztek, 1988 Fiero GT, and my stepmom has a 2005 Bonneville GXP.

yeah you got that right PFF was very helpful. i had a 1997 sunfire(my first car actually) i drove that into the ground, then i had a 1998 sunfire gt 5 speed. there one of my favorite cars, my gf also has a 07 G6 GT. what really got me into pontiacs tho was my uncles 1987 firebird formula 350 high output tuned port injection that thing was BAD! ill try and find a picture of it and post it up

So what are you doing with the Fiero anyway?

hopefully im getting the engine in this week, i was just waiting on new motor mounts to come in. i got them in and on the cradle, ive done a bunch of work on it already ill hopefully be able to drive it soon