Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

What did you do to your Car today?

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I ordered the bulbs from Amazon and they plug into the original sockets without any problems, they also plug into the aftermarket gauges with no problem either. The original sockets worked in my dash, gas gauge, and clock and the rest in the aftermarket gauges. Also my RetroSound Stereo has over 3000 lighting colors so I was able to tune that in to match the LED's!

IMG_3432.jpg

IMG_3433.jpg

IMG_3434.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Last Indian said:

Being that the 192’s are a flat blade type bulbs I’ve seen two things happen with them. One the looped wire that makes the connection on alternate sides of the bulb gets bent acts like a wedge. The other is they corrode and adhere to the brass connector!

So two things to try! First put a couple drops of lPS 1 of 2 down in the socket let it sit a few minutes! Now take some lacquer thinner and put several drops in the socket! Invert the socket to dump out the thinner. Wipe the bulb off with a little more thinner. Now take a set of small thin needle nose pliers, like you would use on circuit board components. The thin blades of the needle nose need to under the lower indent register of the 192 bulb and the socket top! Put a piece of thin neoprene or latex between the bulb and the pliers. Squeeze the pliers so the plier jaws/blades can act like a fulcrum between the bulb and the socket top.

oooh nice move Last Indian 👍that could work :cheers:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wdl182 said:

I ordered the bulbs from Amazon and they plug into the original sockets without any problems, they also plug into the aftermarket gauges with no problem either. The original sockets worked in my dash, gas gauge, and clock and the rest in the aftermarket gauges. Also my RetroSound Stereo has over 3000 lighting colors so I was able to tune that in to match the LED's!

IMG_3432.jpg

IMG_3433.jpg

IMG_3434.jpg

Thankz bro.  I have the push N twist bulbs to replace in the GTO

• 2 months later...

yip, like i did with the caddy earlier last year mate, you wont be disappointed:cheers:

i will be putting another set in the 64 too:dancingpontiac:

Its a age thing too and i hate poor lighting when driving 

oh oh, do a before and after post for us all !!!

• Like 1

That was my thinking Kiwi. I'm with you on poor lighting.

I went round and round with the kid on projector lights in his Hummer H3. In the end, we ended up taking them out and putting in a simpler Xenon bulbs instead. It was such a hassle running an additional wiring harness (even though it was provided).

• Like 1

That looks great! I have a problem though, when I put on my high beams after a couple of minutes the circut breaker trips and out go the lights! I hit the dimmer switch and the lows come back on. The circut breaker is built into my aftermarket fuse panel next to the fuse for headlights. I've tried a higher amp breaker, but they still go out? Any thoughts? I'm running Halegon lights

19 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

wdl, i think its the other way around, your relay needs to be down sized, led lights pull stuff all current, you could even delete your relay, thats how lower current they pull.

on my 59 caddy i left the light rely in and its working, but, with led, ya justA dont need it, you really have no current pull. old school lights pull shit loads of current hence the relay and a big fat cable from the battery to feed them... led= a faction of current load= relay not required... well thats my thoughts... do we have a auto sparky that can enlight us... :rofl: get it en-LIGHT:rofl:

Thanks Kiwi appreciate the info.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I got some parts delivery for Lucy this weekend.

I ordered new interior door panels back in September from Legendary Auto Interiors in Newark, NY. Due to COVID, they've been delayed by their material suppliers until now.

I also got my order from Ames Performance for two new white plastic Strato bucket seat rear covers. My originals have been re-dyed in the past. The dye is now chipping and the plastic is scratched and showing it's age. Since I have the interior is out of Lucy at the moment, I may as well upgrade it while I have the chance. Once the weather stays warm, I can get back to work on her.

• Like 2

I've been a Legendary customer for almost 2 decades now. I have their stock replacement seat covers for the front and back seats, and the convertible boot cover. My upholsterer won't let me order from anywhere else. 

It will be awhile before I get the door panels on. I have to take them to my upholsterer. He did some custom piping work on my seats and panels quite some time ago, so he will have to re-do the door panels to match. Since I am re-doing the door panels I ordered new arm rests and plastic Strato bucket seat backs too. 

So if you are wondering about their quality, it's top notch. The only thing I will caution you on right now is some things are delayed because of COVID from their suppliers. I ordered the door panels in September and I just got them. So you might call ahead to see if they have what you are looking for. In normal times, I wouldn't hesitate to order from them.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Frosty said:

I've been a Legendary customer for almost 2 decades now. I have their stock replacement seat covers for the front and back seats, and the convertible boot cover. My upholsterer won't let me order from anywhere else. 

It will be awhile before I get the door panels on. I have to take them to my upholsterer. He did some custom piping work on my seats and panels quite some time ago, so he will have to re-do the door panels to match. Since I am re-doing the door panels I ordered new arm rests and plastic Strato bucket seat backs too. 

So if you are wondering about their quality, it's top notch. The only thing I will caution you on right now is some things are delayed because of COVID from their suppliers. I ordered the door panels in September and I just got them. So you might call ahead to see if they have what you are looking for. In normal times, I wouldn't hesitate to order from them.

Frosty, gotta cheap quick fix to your tires rubbing when hauling people in the back seat.

image.png.3fe4c52326cdf5ccf4623dcfbec901f4.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Wrongway said:

Great, now I'll have to let the in-laws ride in my car again. Thanks a lot kiwi. :lol:

WHEW.....Blame Kiwi.👍

2 hours ago, Frosty said:

I am trying to figure out how to make the kid's two basketballs to mysteriously "disappear" convincingly.

Look close, those are footballs.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, JUSTA6 said:

WHEW.....Blame Kiwi.👍

Look close, those are footballs.

Footballs would never hold up to the total combined weight of the in-laws! Hence the need for basketballs! Remember in 4th of July parade duty I have to cram 7 people in Lucy!!!!

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Founders
3 minutes ago, stratman said:

Yesterday (Sunday) I gave my '81 TA (Raven) a wash, claybar, and wax. I was going to do more, but I was dyin' out there! Here in Virginia it has gone from beautiful spring, low humidity, upper 60s - lower 70s... straight to swamp ass summer overnight. :stars:

Anyway.... I'm happy with how she turned out

190815906_10220015883767263_893493491906

190435871_10220015884447280_252081687219

190733950_10220015884247275_775851597458

188752600_10220015883967268_790177531636

Know how ya feel. Freakin 90s+ here early. Need some rain or something to cool us down.

Dang, that’s purty right there though!

• Like 2