Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

What did you do to your Car today?

Seeing Frosty's photos reminds me when I had to pull the dash on our '72.  There were a lot of issues to address so removing it was the best option. I regret not changing the heater core when I had the opportunity. 

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

9 hours ago, Frosty said:

Okay I'm jealous. I don't get to see blown tri-five Pontiacs around here even. Man enjoy the view!

Frosty, i nearly fell over ! i have not seen another 55 ponti 2 door hard top in nz! 

it looked way cool, and the dash... just chrome to the max. very stock looking but what a treat!:cheers:

• Like 1

I ordered a new radio from Retro Manufacturing for Lucy on the 4th of July. It's the Daytona Motor 2, it will fit the stock dash without cutting but I can play my tunes from my iPhone and it has bluetooth connections for hands free calls. It will be interesting to see how well the bluetooth works in a noisy convertible. The radio is suppose to be here between the 14th and 17th.

I received the new tach and glovebox I ordered. It was way too hot this past weekend to do any work on Lucy with heat indexs over 100 (plus it was the holiday), I'm hoping for cooler weather this weekend.

So last week i had a truck back into my work van, this morning the wife hit a pot hole on her way 1 hour north on state highway and bent the front strut, smashed the rim and tire on her brand new mini!

More paper work !!!🙄

insurance recons i cant go the land transport agency for the damage😡

i took a picture of the pot hole and had a cop there to warn other motorists, but when i got to the car and very up set wife, there was 2 other cars down the road, also with damage to their cars

very Pist off😡

pot hole.JPG

• Sad 2

22 minutes ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

So last week i had a truck back into my work van, this morning the wife hit a pot hole on her way 1 hour north on state highway and bent the front strut, smashed the rim and tire on her brand new mini!

More paper work !!!🙄

insurance recons i cant go the land transport agency for the damage😡

i took a picture of the pot hole and had a cop there to warn other motorists, but when i got to the car and very up set wife, there was 2 other cars down the road, also with damage to their cars

very Pist off😡

pot hole.JPG

OOOHHHHHH can we relate to that.   NZ=LIL MI

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

OOOHHHHHH can we relate to that.   NZ=LIL MI

Yes justa !! OHHHH, these buggers should be acountable ! you can see in the right hand corner this pot hole was not a virgin! its been patched before, i am still pisted about it and the fact the car will be out of action for weeks 

i had it towed to my panel shop, and they are saying it will be weeks to get the parts as its a coopers works model(aka special 😜) and all parts come out of the uk! nice !🙄

Now if that was a 1964 Pontiac Bonneville, it would have hit that hole and just laughed at it! not so with this modern stuff! :o

10 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

Yes justa !! OHHHH, these buggers should be acountable ! you can see in the right hand corner this pot hole was not a virgin! its been patched before, i am still pisted about it and the fact the car will be out of action for weeks 

i had it towed to my panel shop, and they are saying it will be weeks to get the parts as its a coopers works model(aka special 😜) and all parts come out of the uk! nice !🙄

Now if that was a 1964 Pontiac Bonneville, it would have hit that hole and just laughed at it! not so with this modern stuff! :o

Ol skool for the win!   Rims with real tires instead of these rubber bands.  My daughter with her G6 has wiped out front and rear at the same time!!!! Destroying tires and rims.  I still buy G6 rims whenever I see them.  Have 3 spare rims....2 with tires. 

image.png.8298c37f03e6e0b959aa77912cf43e18.pngimage.png.7f5ab0533d7624fcd1a4b2903dfe4e4c.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

Ol skool for the win!   Rims with real tires instead of these rubber bands.  My daughter with her G6 has wiped out front and rear at the same time!!!! Destroying tires and rims.  I still buy G6 rims whenever I see them.  Have 3 spare rims....2 with tires. 

image.png.8298c37f03e6e0b959aa77912cf43e18.pngimage.png.7f5ab0533d7624fcd1a4b2903dfe4e4c.png

Oh wow!!! that looks just like state highway 1 through the center of New Zealand mate!!!

bloody wrong aye !

i also note those pot holes had been patched before too!!

14 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

When your driving on the shoulder instead of the road, ya know it's springtime in Michigan. 

Copy that buddy! Been there done that!

19 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

When your driving on the shoulder instead of the road,

... trying to get out of JUSTA's unpaved subdivision without getting the car dirty.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Frosty said:

... trying to get out of JUSTA's unpaved subdivision without getting the car dirty.

Good luck on that one.  42 years and I haven't done it yet!   What were you doing over here without stoppin by???  I see how you are.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

Good luck on that one.  42 years and I haven't done it yet!   What were you doing over here without stoppin by???  I see how you are.

Stealing lug nuts.

• Haha 2

Saturday we took the goat on the back roads from home  to Bay City, MI and back, made a few stops on the trip and finished up with a cruise on Woodward Ave.

• Like 2

Well my package from Retro Manufacturing came on Thursday, a new Bluetooth radio for Lucy that fits the stock dash. I planned to work on Lucy this weekend.

That plan got dashed Saturday morning. I found the carpet in my fully finished basement soaking wet. I’m not totally sure but I suspect that I either have a blocked drainage tiles or water build up around the foundation. My wife’s scrapbook room, loaded with paper is there. We’ve spent two days packing up our basement. We had someone rooto-rooter the sump pump pit and the tiles. That’s helped flow a lot. We’ve got ServPro cleaning up things. I suspect the next week or so will be solely focused  on the basement. Still hits a bloody mess and we’ve worked non-stop since Saturday packing things up.

I took the Roadmonster in for service to. I’m waiting to hear what they find with her.

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 1

Picked Rubi up on Saturday from having Xpel applied on the hood, front fascia, headlights and fog lights. Sunday I FINALLY figured out an ignition-controlled circuit on the interior fuse relay center so I can tap in for the dash camera for Rubi. I was getting no where with my multi meter so I finally resorted to plugging a load into the cigarette port and started pulling fuses until the load turned off.

Continued spring detail on B.T. (that's how far behind I am - still doing spring details on the vehicles). By the time I'm done with the spring details, it will be time to immediately start the fall details 🤦‍♂️. Maybe some time this year, before storage, I will be able to take Ren for more than a five mile drive. Looking forward to the "Bricks" this year - even if it's just me & Ren cruising Saginaw on our own.

I also found out, indirectly, that the polish I like to use (in my two-step compounding process) is apparently a China-produced product (even though it's by a popular American car-product producing company) because after checking three (technically four) local stores, NO ONE has it in stock. Frustrating but this is why I look to replenish stock well before I run out so I've got some time.

Edited by Stewy

Ok this has been really tedious! Where’s a shear when you need it?

JustA try to take .030 thick copper flat sheet stock, cut two pieces off it .500 wide 22” long and keep both sides parallel to each other to fit in a 1/2 milled slot! Fun! Real fun!

85E4EB9F-9D19-497E-A29F-95DF6AC1C1A6.jpeg

B17A94D8-07B9-458E-B58A-397473EFF455.jpeg

A838D9C7-B7B0-4C4A-9250-A558203CEFB5.jpeg

• Like 2