Jump to content
Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

dues70's 1970 Pontiac Bonneville

2020 July
of the Month

  • Welcome!

    Welcome to Forever Pontiac, where we keep the memory of Pontiac alive with great discussion, maintenance tips, restoration/modification progression "blogs" and help from professional & DIY mechanics. Also, wonderful competitions that occur regularly. Please register for an absolutely free account to join in!

Recommended Posts

Did 4 wheel brakes N rotors on JustaG6's Torrent yesterday.  Most time we've spent with the daughter since the whole Covid 19 thing started. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Seems like you spend more quality time with JUSTAG6’s vehicles than with her. Am I wrong ? Or is that the only time you talk about her to your friends? When you have to fix something she broke? LOL! :willy_nilly:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

LIL bit of all the above.   Might as well call em my cars. :pontiac: Justa Happy she's all about the Pontiac's like her Dad!!:wub: Don't forget she has a house with plenty to do as well.  :stars:  We don't have a thread for.....Watcha done for your kids today.   You know what I mean, and I'm not gonna start it.

oh completely agree with you too Justa ! that thread would be full in a week !! 

 my youngest wants a new shower installed in her home... when i have nothing to do🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Frosty said:

I made a parts run to National Parts Depot yesterday. Got a new heater core, AC compressor, hydraulic ram for the convertible top (if I need it), some seat belt anchor bolts, sound deadener, and some other small parts. In total, about $700 worth. Yeah.

yes, see to me, thats cheap as!  it would cost me $700 nz just for the ac compressor without freight  😡

well done mate :cheers:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

"What did you do to your car today?"

Gave her away.

 

Last night was bitter sweet for me. After over thirteen years lovingly taking care of Bleen and considering her a member of the family (not to mention being Ren's sister), her time with us came to a close.

We've been looking for another vehicle, specifically a minivan, and as of last Friday we added "Rubi" to the fleet (a 2017 Toyota Sienna) which meant that the family hauler (Bleen) would be phased out. Originally, the understanding was Bleen would be sold (which I was never a fan of but understood it needed to be done) but plans changed shortly before she went up for sale in that instead of selling, we donated Bleen to a local family who very much (from the impression I got) would give Bleen an appreciated home. While I had no expectations that Bleen would go to a home that would take care of her to the OCD-level that I did, it did help the transition for me by knowing she will be appreciated and very much a value added to their household.

Here's to you, Bleen - while you may be absent you will never be forgotten. Thank you for all the memories and years of faithful service!

 

image.png.fd7b124e8eea3516a13b8a90791fd4b4.png

Edited by Stewy
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Stewy said:

Here's to you, Bleen - while you may be absent you will never be forgotten. Thank you for all the memories and years of faithful service!

 

image.png.fd7b124e8eea3516a13b8a90791fd4b4.png

image.png.0ebe2710906586f950265b54cbe56a9d.png

To Bleen!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hard to see a car go being a car guy. Glad to hear you were able to make a family's life better with it though 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/2/2020 at 12:22 PM, Frosty said:

I ordered the new firewall insulation pad from Summit Racing yesterday. It will be here on Friday. I guess I have another project for this weekend.

I'm ticked. I didn't get the firewall insulation pad I ordered for Lucy today as planned. This means my plans to re-install the heater core this weekend are now scrapped. Now I am not angry at Summit Racing, but I am agitated at their shipping company - UPS. The new shipping date is now Monday, June 8th. Here is what the shipping information I have says:

"JUN 5  10:21 AM
Arrival Scan Hodgkins, IL

JUN 4  3:30 PM
Civil demonstration has delayed your package in transit. Delivery will be rescheduled. Check back for updates.

JUN 1  8:43 PM
Departure Scan Sparks, NV

JUN 1  6:45 PM
Origin Scan Sparks, NV

JUN 1  5:30 PM
Order Processed: Ready for UPS"

Now I understand how one of the various protests/riots that George Floyd's tragic death has sparked across this country can cause the delay. What makes me mad is the lack of in-transit information between June 1 and June 4. Nor does it state where in the US my package is when the delay occurs. For all I know, it never left Sparks Nevada until June 5th. Where was my package between June 1 8:42 pm in Sparks NV and June 5 10:21 am in Hodgkins IL (outside Chicago)? That's almost 4 days it is unaccounted for. Grrr. :angry:

Edited by Frosty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weird. Haven’t  had that big of a gap in shipping updates though, I have had FedEx confuse Florida and Oklahoma. Hope you get it soon!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Ringo64 said:

I have had FedEx confuse Florida and Oklahoma

ryan reynolds facepalm GIF

 

Quote

Now I am not angry at Summit Racing, but I am agitated at their shipping company - UPS

 

I sent an oil sample to the lab I use (in Indiana) on May 4th. According to USPS, my package is still "in process to the next USPS facility" as of June 6th. Ahuh. I'm sure it is. I think it's really between the counter and the wall resting on the floor somewhere.

LOL - we should start a "Shipping Carrier Fail" thread 😁

Edited by Stewy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Frosty said:

I'm ticked. I didn't get the firewall insulation pad I ordered for Lucy today as planned. This means my plans to re-install the heater core this weekend are now scrapped. Now I am not angry at Summit Racing, but I am agitated at their shipping company - UPS. The new shipping date is now Monday, June 8th. Here is what the shipping information I have says:

"JUN 5  10:21 AM
Arrival Scan Hodgkins, IL

JUN 4  3:30 PM
Civil demonstration has delayed your package in transit. Delivery will be rescheduled. Check back for updates.

JUN 1  8:43 PM
Departure Scan Sparks, NV

JUN 1  6:45 PM
Origin Scan Sparks, NV

JUN 1  5:30 PM
Order Processed: Ready for UPS"

Now I understand how one of the various protests/riots that George Floyd's tragic death has sparked across this country can cause the delay. What makes me mad is the lack of in-transit information between June 1 and June 4. Nor does it state where in the US my package is when the delay occurs. For all I know, it never left Sparks Nevada until June 5th. Where was my package between June 1 8:42 pm in Sparks NV and June 5 10:21 am in Hodgkins IL (outside Chicago)? That's almost 4 days it is unaccounted for. Grrr. :angry:

 

13 hours ago, Ringo64 said:

Weird. Haven’t  had that big of a gap in shipping updates though, I have had FedEx confuse Florida and Oklahoma. Hope you get it soon!

 

4 hours ago, Stewy said:

ryan reynolds facepalm GIF

 

 

I sent an oil sample to the lab I use (in Indiana) on May 4th. According to USPS, my package is still "in process to the next USPS facility" as of June 6th. Ahuh. I'm sure it is. I think it's really between the counter and the wall resting on the floor somewhere.

LOL - we should start a "Shipping Carrier Fail" thread 😁

AND the Devil still reigns supreme! 🤭!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been playing with my new Vintage air unit ! What a pain in the A$%  but that's another story. Finally fixed and put in a new sender for temp. Seems fine now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, wdl182 said:

I've been playing with my new Vintage air unit ! What a pain in the A$%  but that's another story. Finally fixed and put in a new sender for temp. Seems fine now!

I've heard many good things about Vintage air.  Been thinkin about it for my GTO.  Yea right...waay down the list of priorities for the $$$ allotment. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought mine because of the good things I have heard ! I'm not bashing them, just like with everthing else be prepared to have a issue or two. I got mine thru Gearhead Enterprise/ Rod parts Inc. out of Hudson,Iowa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope that's the only prob you have with it.  STAY COOL.:driving:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Tired of these Ads? Purchase Enhanced Membership today to remove them!
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.