Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

31pontiac's 1959 Bonneville

2019 December
of the Month

• Welcome!

Welcome to Forever Pontiac, full of great ideas for Pontiac performance, maintenance, or for peer-to-peer assistance from Professional and DIY mechanics. Also, compete in our Pontiac monthly competitions. Please register if you'd like to take part.

60k miles on an '07, nice find! Looks to be in decent shape too

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Yes, I was very impressed at how clean and low miles it was. It was out of New Jersey according the dealer. The dealer in Michigan said they got it at auction. I looked in the usual rust spot areas since I've looked at my share of Hummers over the last 4 years, between the kid's and hers.

7 hours ago, Frosty said:

I went with the wife last night to go to a used car dealership east of Derroit. It was an expensive evening. We came home with a 2007 Hummer H3 H3X with 60k miles, sunroof, I-5, leather seats. The red/orange hooks will be painted black come spring.

So if you are keeping score at home, that means we now have 2 Pontiacs (Lucy and Black Beauty), 2 Chevrolets (Traverse and Colorado), 2 Hummers (a 2006 base and a 2007 H3X), and 1 Buick (the Roadmonster) for 3 drivers in the house hold, and not enough garage space for all of them either. 

I now have "his and hers Hummers", and I am not the "his".  Dang it!

BTW - both Hummers are white with black interiors. The 2006 has aluminium wheels while the 2007 has the black wheels. The 2006 has a chrome grille, the 2007 is painted white (body color) and has the brush guard. I suspect we will have side-by-side photos by the weekend.

I wonder if I can find a rust free, low mileage H3 Alpha? Hmmm. 

image.thumb.png.00b95e655c01db60ae9666517b755bbf.png

image.thumb.png.c58355126a1355de49bf219cbf4d07ad.png

image.thumb.png.152d465ea8edaced4f33817a6e72f520.png

So, is it fair to say you have a couple of hummers in your house and one person who whistles while he works? 😁 while you all have to traverse here and there to get to the right car?

Cougrats buddy or I guess I should say to your wife, you’re just the guy who gets to take care of it.

• Haha 1

You got that right. I am the guy who gets to take care of it. The battery went dead tonight. I have to put it on a trickle charger.

Which Hummer are you talking about? Mine or Barry Martin's? 😁

I put a trickle charger on the battery and I haven't had a starting problem with it since. I figured out the reason the door that closes under the sunroof does not close all the way is because of the rubber trim molding is installed wrong on one side. I need to find my portable 12V air pump and find out which tire is giving the low tire pressure warning.

Headliner install.  More fun than getting your toenails removed.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, notallthere said:

Headliner install.  More fun than getting your toenails removed.

Pictures please. Pictures of the Summit Racing building doesn't count.