Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Shakercars's 1972 Trans Am

2019 August
of the Month

• Welcome!

Welcome to Forever Pontiac, full of great ideas for Pontiac performance, maintenance, or for peer-to-peer assistance from Professional and DIY mechanics. Also, compete in our Pontiac monthly competitions. Please register if you'd like to take part.

Congrats! 

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I changed all five spark plugs on the kid's Hummer H3 after mowing the lawn between rain storms. After I changed the plugs, I went to my local Valvoline shop and got an oil change and a transmission oil and filter change. The Hummer is about to roll over 100k miles. Next thing it needs is a new set of tires before winter.

IMG_4468.thumb.JPG.a26882c561df89ee4434dc5071744537.JPG

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 1

New set of shoes for JustaT.   Coop's of course.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JustAG6 said:

New set of shoes for JustaT.   Coop's of course.

Glad you finally  have something with tread on it.   It'sa dad thing.:willy_nilly:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, JustAG6 said:

JustaT.

So is this going to be the official “JUSTA” license plate for your new ride?

Clean as a whistle!

Quick question Last Indian - two really....

1. Your high end premium gas - does it have one or two detergents in it? Most have only one - a handful have two - depending on the brand.

2. How often do you add your PEA fuel cleaner? 

20 hours ago, Frosty said:

Quick question Last Indian - two really....

1. Your high end premium gas - does it have one or two detergents in it? Most have only one - a handful have two - depending on the brand.

2. How often do you add your PEA fuel cleaner? 

I use Shell they use an LZ additive package, I attached a link, it will explain their fuel additive package, but it’s second to none. It has one detergent and a whole lot more.   The detergent is just part of the package. Detergents in general do very little for valve deposits, coking in the plenum or manifold or soot that gets pushed into the oil.

https://www.shell.us/motorist/shell-fuels/shell-nitrogen-enriched-gasolines.html

I add the PEA in the summer every third tank full and the winter, obviously for my other cars not the Indian, ever other tank full. As I said before I use Regane by Gumout and if you watch the Zone puts it on sale, 2 for 1 every so often.

P.S. I also use from time to time Sunoco 93 octane. They use Infineum’s fuel additive package which is also good.

Edited by Last Indian