Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

What did you do to your Car today?

Good stuff Justa, Ive gotta fix my horns as well. Im also looking to find some 71-72 bullet  mirrors both sides for the GOAT. Lemme know if you spot any at the Dream cruise for sale?

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

9 hours ago, 360Rocket said:

Good stuff Justa, Ive gotta fix my horns as well. Im also looking to find some 71-72 bullet  mirrors both sides for the GOAT. Lemme know if you spot any at the Dream cruise for sale?

Really not alot of swap meet stuff for sale @ DC.  Event T's, dash plaques,posters ect.   I will keep my eye open though bro.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Never got my new parts from OPG. So I put the GTO back together and finished cleaning and polishing the Sunbird.  Don't have a spare minute between now and the Dream Cruise, but the rides are ready.  Got past some issues with the city of Pontiac on parking. Lost the most perfect spot on the entire Dream Cruise, but sounds like we've been moved to a good spot. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, stratman said:

Took my vette (go ahead and insert boo's here) to a car show today and saw this gorgeous '65 GTO...

20882690_10210214398296252_7035810828043

20915232_10210214396656211_7936026486675

Is it for sale? Black Beauty II? Thanks for sharing buddy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Frosty said:

Is it for sale? Black Beauty II? Thanks for sharing buddy.

The pictures don't do it justice- it was stunning. I can't imagine how many hours went into the paint, it was beyond perfect. It's tastefully lowered, 4 wheel DB, and the wheels remind me of Radir wheels from the '60s (think original Batmobile) but larger diameter. Not for sale, even if it was, I'm sure it would be large $$$, lol! You are correct, it would be the perfect Black Betty II. 

• Like 1

Any chance you can get down to Charleston WV in early October for the Doo Wop? I just read that Lou Santiago will be there for the weekend too.

The car has

headlight/brights

turn signas

brake lights

reverse lights

fuel pump

fans

starter motor rolls over

Driveshaft cut to length and installed

oil in the motor

1 hour ago, notallthere said:

The car has

headlight/brights

turn signas

brake lights

reverse lights

fuel pump

fans

starter motor rolls over

Driveshaft cut to length and installed

oil in the motor

U been busy.

Me and the vette went to a local cruise-in tonight, and a pair of silver '66 GTO's showed up...

21034633_10210250103908870_1252353538875

20994376_10210250103988872_6428987221134

21077778_10210250104108875_8382695478775

21105602_10210250104228878_4373625900394

21032375_10210250105308905_2899491412643

...oh yeah...some old fart showed up in a ratty late 70's corvette...

21105519_10210249468812993_9117879771004

• Like 2

Thought I had all my parts for the steering column from the turnsig switch, sig cancelation  parts, column parts and new wheel.  Tore into it only to find they sent the wrong turnsig switch. Hope the correct one is on the way.  Have a show next weekend.  GTO is blocking the Bird in.

So Sunday I decided to work on the car.  I got the brakes bled, clutch bled, so I figured out that I could throw some fuel in the carb and see if it would fire.

She sputters and coughs sounds like I dropped a bolt in the intake.  Starter fights and doesn't do stuff.

Pull the starter thinking I cooked it.  Nope

Pull the plugs and checked the gap.  Perfect.

Put an inspection camera in the cylinders nothing.

Check the valves, all good.

Check the position of the distributor on the number one cylinder compression, good there too.

I cannot figure it out until I notice that the number eight cylinder is possibly in the wrong position.

Yep I did it.  I wired the car for counter clockwise rotation not clockwise.

Shine tastes great tonight.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, notallthere said:

So Sunday I decided to work on the car.  I got the brakes bled, clutch bled, so I figured out that I could throw some fuel in the carb and see if it would fire.

She sputters and coughs sounds like I dropped a bolt in the intake.  Starter fights and doesn't do stuff.

Pull the starter thinking I cooked it.  Nope

Pull the plugs and checked the gap.  Perfect.

Put an inspection camera in the cylinders nothing.

Check the valves, all good.

Check the position of the distributor on the number one cylinder compression, good there too.

I cannot figure it out until I notice that the number eight cylinder is possibly in the wrong position.

Yep I did it.  I wired the car for counter clockwise rotation not clockwise.

Shine tastes great tonight.

Justa talkin firing order in another thread.  Missed you guys for Woodward this year.

So blessed to live and work in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Va, so I went cruising today in my Vette and ended up in a car show in Shenandoah (the town). It was such a beautiful day, that after the show, I put another 100 miles on the vette.

21192932_10210313297848679_4138260423157

• Like 2

1 hour ago, killerspeed101 said:

Finally started working on it again, but i got to watch out how much i can do due to having a fractured neck :/
20414186_1450459918403223_65300912711010

Fractured neck.....What did you do?

• 2 months later...

I think this car has endless or bottomless floorboards. Prepping the driver side floors, framerails and cross member and getting ready to spray some paint this week. I've only got under the mufflers left after this.

floor%20board_zpsgwvtmlxd.jpg

That sucks!!!!  Workin on your back and everything falling right in your face.  Good luck bro.  Will look so good when your done. After paint, I clearcoated as well and it still cleans up nice. If your exhaust doesn't polish back up, Eastwoods silver exhaust paint.  

14 hours ago, indymanjoe said:

^^^^^ that was the worst part about doing the undercarriage. Even with safety glass's stuff still found a way into my eyes.

and nose, and ears, and down your shirt....I usually look like Al Jolson when I am done. Justa I have been hitting the floorboards with the same clear coat I have restored the wheels with. Very durable and a nice shine. Its funny because I went thru 3/4ths of this project before I finally got a creeper. Mobility is tough with age I tell ya.