Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

What did you do to your Car today?

Last few days I've been refreshing my memory on installing a secondary power distribution block inside the car, studying the wiring diagram for appropriate tie in points, and doing some mods to an older, but still adequate, PC tower. Come spring, I intend to install the car adapted computer and a touchscreen monitor into the Montana, powered directly off the car's system. Sometimes I am too much of a geek for my own good. :)

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

With all the snow we've gotten, schools and businesses closed and the bitter cold, I have not had to go anywhere. I decided to start the Avalanche last night. No dice. I am gonna' have to pull the battery, bring it into the house, let it warm up and then put it on a battery charger today.

With all the snow we've gotten, schools and businesses closed and the bitter cold, I have not had to go anywhere. I decided to start the Avalanche last night. No dice. I am gonna' have to pull the battery, bring it into the house, let it warm up and then put it on a battery charger today.

Just pulled the battery out of the truck, brought it downstairs to the utility room to warm up. This gave me a chance to play with a new Christmas toy. A infrared digital thermometer. Point and shot baby!!!

According to it, the internal temperature of the battery is 25.5 degrees Fahrenheit. I suspect she is frozen nearly solid after sitting over three days outside in these negative actual temperatures. I am going to let it warm up before I put the battery tender to it.

I re-installed the battery after letting it charge for a full day. Truck started up. I left it run for 20 minutes too before I took off for the credit union.

I also called a man in Waterford that JUSTA6 recommended to me who repairs stainless trim. I called him about getting the scratches out of my Rally II trim rings. He told me that the trim rings are stamped stainless steel that has a flash chromed matte finish. He told me that to repair the scratches he has to de-chrome them, remove the scratches and then finely polish out the stainless (about $60-70/ring already). He can not duplicate the flash chrome matte finish nor does he know someone who does. That means at least $100+ per trim ring. He said some people will question the originality of the high polished albeit original stainless trim rings. He said I would be better off purchasing reproductions and keep the originals for the collector purists.

I have heard of them before. I see them advertise on My Classic Car a lot too

The man I talked to said if I took the rings to him for repair that he'd have at least $60-70 per ring before the re-chrome. His point is that aftermarket re-productions cost about $120 for a set of 4. So I would be into him almost $350 for the repair work (I have 5 rings including the spare) and then add the cost of re-chrome on top of that vs. $120 for the re-pops. I admire this man's honesty. I may have another project for him later this spring.

A friend of mine was at a swap meet on Saturday. He met a man who claims to have a set of NOS trim rings, still in the box for $200.00. I would consider that too. Still cheaper than the repair work.

lol that's like most of my day right there...the first 2hrs or so of my day are shot..after i walk around and see what needs to be emptied i usually go hide and take an hour nap then float around for 45minutes till break time, then maybe after break time i'll start something..the 2 1/2hrs from morning break till lunch is usually when work will get done. the 2hrs after lunch shit ain't getting done.lol

• Founders

My shop has become so inactive that it's agonizing these days.

Plus, add the fact that they're cutting my hours again...time to job hunt.

Know how to code?

I'm working freaking 12+ hour days :(

By this time next week I'll be a member of the Massachusetts Army National Guard

Good for you Havoc. It is an important responsibility.

What prompted this decision?

Good for you Havoc. It is an important responsibility.

What prompted this decision?

Weird really. I've always had it in my mind that I wanted to join the NG, but never really did anything other than touch on it a few times. Then one day I was driving by the Westfield Army NG Armory and I was like "I can do that." Next thing I know I'm applying. I'm getting sworn in next Friday at Westover ARB. I'm shooting to be a 91D (http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjobs/a/52d.htm), but I haven't taken my test yet. I'm doing that Thursday, but I have confidence I'll qualify.