Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

What did you do to your Car today?

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Ever tried changing a flat with a bumper jack? Now there's driving excitement.

Of course haha. I love it when I lift up the car on one corner and the bumper bends a little upwards and rust falls out!

It's even more fun when the bumper rips clean off in a shower of rust flakes just as you get that last lugnut threaded on.

This is why I keep a floorjack in my trunk.

turned on the car since its been sitting again. and trying to finish up the lights but dsmn thing is making it hard. good thing is i havent broken any little pieces.

• 2 weeks later...

I had to repair the passenger power window of the Lemans during the Doo Wop in Charleston. The window came off its track and wedged itself inside the door and would not come back up. Fortunately I pack a bunch of tools and flashlights for long distance trips. I waited until all the day's events were over before starting to work on the car. It took me 15 minutes to get the arm rest off, the inside door handle off, the power window switch off, and the interior panel off the door. I then had to figure out whats wrong and wrestle the window back into place for the next hour an a half.

Two things happened. The window came off the powered roller track completely. The window also has a hard plastic guide ring screwed to it. The inside of the guide ring rides against a verticlal metal rod as the window goes up and down. This guide rod had come un-bolted both at the top and bottom and had come loose in the door. This guide rod has a slight arc to it too. After it came loose, it had spun 180 degrees around and was pinching itself against the glass, not allowing the window to move up or down.

So I first had to carefully get the guide rod spun 180 degrees to release the pressure on the glass so I didn't break the window. Next I got the window back onto the power window track, then got the guide rod back in place and I was able to find the bolt for the top portion of the guide rod to secure it tight enough to get it home. I tested the window many times before re-installing the interior door panel, power switch, arm rest and such. It was about 1:30 a.m. when I got back into my hotel room. It's good thing I fixed the window since we hit rain heading home from Charleston once we turned north near Toledo. It could have been a lot soggier ride home if I didn't.

I hate to tell you this, but I've seen some great work done with rattle cans. Technique is always the deciding factor.

Unless Justa tells you where to look,you wont be able to tell.

Unless Justa tells you where to look,you wont be able to tell.

TEMP fix till I can come up with the $$$ for real paint. Kinda funny Rustoleum RED matches so close. Tech note: Rustoleum is an oil based paint and will require extra attention in those area's before repainting. Even primers will not stick to those area's for the long run. I already know it has to go back to metal before I paint the entire car. How's the project going in the Hot Rod garage Joe?

lol stickers

Unlike how all random they were on my Pontiac, most of these do show my support for groups I know.

1381728_10200620201979537_236349801_n.jp

The Vtec one still makes me lol, and of course my two Sonic related decals.

how did it come out?

Not entirely sure, but my best guess is that the bolt at the bottom of the door holding the lower portion of the guide rod came off, loosened the top bolt off completely, allowing the rod to vibrate out its location. Eventually, the guide rod came loose enough to allow the window to slide off the guide track when the window was opened and closed enough times. When the window sank deep into the door the last time, the guide rod pivoted around pinching the glass. That's my guess anyway.

Cleaned up the car from the rain coming home from Charleston last week, gassed her up, and took the boy with me on a fall color tour / poker run with the Widetrackers. Even the Notalltheres showed up in the Fiero. It was sunny warm and 75+ degrees. Had the top down the whole time. We had 25 Pontiacs out cruising Lapeer, Oakland, and Genessee county. A fantastic day for a cruise.

Warned ya about gettin old... :slap: TUES while out lookin at a used truck, the wifes ride took a dump. Stalled an wouldn't start. Rolled into the dealership (right up to the service door) and they gave me a ride home. So we have been without a ride all week. Got it back FRIDAY and drove it down to Dearborn last night to look at another truck. Rear brake pad broke in half and was grinding all the way home. I was following in the new used truck. No plates or Ins on the truck, so I was forced to drive the GTO on a parts run. (twist my arm) beautiful day as Frosty said. 1/2 hour trip took over 2hrs as people in the parts store swarmed the car asking questions and checkin it out. Finally got outta there and had to stop for gas. Again swamped with people. A buddy I used to work with saw the crowd standing around me with the hood up and asked if I was OK. My excuse to scoot... then he wanted me to stop by his house to check out his project. 29 Ford. Finally made it home with JUSTA nuff time to finish the brakes N bleed before DARK. When did it start getting dark so soon????

Swapped the steering column on the truck as the el cheapo one that I bought as my new tilt column went snap on the inside of the ignition. Scored a trailer hitch for the Cavalier (40.00) so we can take the bikes on trips when we go. Re tinted the sunroof on the Fiero to 2.5.

Got my plates/Ins, for the truck. Added new carpet over the bedliner to keep my STUFF from sliding around. Rubbed out then polished paint. Dug out some of my truck goodies to install. Sanded/painted the grill guard, class 3 hitch and found my chrome skid plate. Moved all my stuff in. Will start installing tomorrow before it starts raining. Wish I had checked the brakes earlier today, while I was still in brake mode. Will need soon and the temps start dropping tomorrow. Beautiful day for painting, near 70 N sunny, glad that's done.

Oh, don't worry about us old timers! We'd love to see an epic set (so long as its on a beautiful woman) - no man or animal sets here buster! Any man that don't want to look at a set is dead!

Sadly, I think its against the acceptable use policy though.