Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

What did you do to your Car today?

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Changed the oil in the transmission gearbox on the Super A. 85w-140 Gear Oil. Gotta change the oil in the PTO/Pulley box now. Then harvest the rest of the garden crops and harrow it under! Does this count as "What I did to my car today"?

So the GTO has L60 14's on the front. Have it setup to turn fine without hitting. Unlevel ground and it sometimes rubbs when turning, mostly backing into a parking spot. Crossed some RR tracks too fast on a right hand turn headin to the cruise nite Tues and it caught good bending my fender in, between the tire N bumper. Noticed it while sitting and pulled it back out. Busted the plastic retainer to the inner fender well and let the bolt come out. Lucky the fender bent right back into place with no damage. So I pulled it apart and installed another retainer and bolt (it was rattling like crazy) Then pulled the chrome trim and cut a wedge out of the bottom about 4 in up. Hammered it back till the new edges met up. Got all miggy with it, 1/4 in at a time to keep the heat down, ground the weld and it left about a 1/2 in of burnt paint. Sanded, primed and a quick shot of Rustolem RED matches so close its only noticeable if I pointed it out. Chrome trim reinstalled took up/covered another 1/4 in. No more rubbing. One more thing off the to do list. Hope to get the drooling tranney fixed with the new chrome GM Turbo transpan and gasket before puttin er up on blocks for the winter. Finally able to use the left arm without too much pain as long as I'm not lifting anything.

Changed the oil in the transmission gearbox on the SUPER A. 85w-140 Gear Oil. Gotta change the oil in the PTO/Pulley box now. Then harvest the rest of the garden crops and harrow it under! Does this count as "What I did to my CAR today"?

Still didnt see the car reference..

Changed the oil in the transmission gearbox on the Super-8. 85w-140 Gear Oil. Gotta change the oil in the PTO/Pulley box now. Then harvest the rest of the garden crops and harrow it under! Does this count as "What I did to my car today"?

At no time in your post did you mention a car,other than referencing a topic...LOL

I had a harvest as well. I went to Kroger, picked up lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, and onions. 20 minutes later I was done.

Rattler worked well as a temp coverup. This summer was lost with the shoulder and not being able to work on anything. Had my custom exhaust built (got rid of another pile o parts) 900.00 in work on the carbs. Still have parts to find and issues to work out, then it all comes apart for paint. I need to replace some of the chrome trim I found along the way and all new rubber seals "everywhere". Gotta remember, I started with a gutted shell. I had to find everything 1 piece at a time, inside and out. Including the Pontiac engine/drivetrain and a new frame. Still need new cables for the air system, set to defrost now. Still have not found a dome light lens, Need headliner trim for around the top of windshield, Correct radiator/fan schroud or maybe a new aluminum rad. Now that my rubbing issues are solved in the front wheelwells, I'm finally done with the welder. Gonna try and replace my drooling trans pan before it goes away. Wish I could figure out what drive gear I would need to get the speedo anywhere near correct. $$ are an issue as well, blew past my 15,000.00 CAR account many years ago. Told the wife that included paint. Shit happens!

A smaller man would have had an easier time. The problem I have is my shoulder width and getting at the actuator under the right side of the windshield.

wait wait wait wait wait...you rattle canned a classic?!

I hate to tell you this, but I've seen some great work done with rattle cans. Technique is always the deciding factor.

K....so I was out playin with my lights N building a bracket to make it do this. Don't that look GREAT!!!!

CopyofGto12004_zps7a16ad53.jpg

So you tell me which side of the wheel opening has had the fender lip moved back 1/2 in @ the bottom??

CopyofGto12005_zpsf8bb11ed.jpg

The LIL bit of primer overspray will polish right off when I clean er up for the last cruise night @ Comeback INN tomorrow. Better than lookin at burn't metal or a ground weld til I can strip it back down and paint the beast proper.

CopyofGto12008_zpsc0ded886.jpg

It's all in the DETAIL's most people will never notice.... Even the air caps!!! :dancingpontiac::bowdown:

CopyofGto12006_zps6793f8fb.jpg