Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

What did you do to your Car today?

18 hours ago, 360Rocket said:

and nose, and ears, and down your shirt....I usually look like Al Jolson when I am done. Justa I have been hitting the floorboards with the same clear coat I have restored the wheels with. Very durable and a nice shine. Its funny because I went thru 3/4ths of this project before I finally got a creeper. Mobility is tough with age I tell ya.

Your telling me! I’m still doing the shoulder blade walk in and out from under a car! Never could get use to a creeper.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

3 hours ago, Last Indian said:

Your telling me! I’m still doing the shoulder blade walk in and out from under a car! Never could get use to a creeper.

I've yet to discover the "low profile" in a low profile creeper....

• 3 months later...

I stopped to visit Indyman Joe today. I found him working on his oldest daughter's 2010 Vibe. Seems she played Dances with Deer with it (GE would be proud). Joe was dismantling the damaged left front sheet metal. He got some expected help from Remy...a.k.a. Remington, his black lab puppy. it almost looks like Remy wants to to play so badly that she is playing with Joe's face! 

IMG_2730.thumb.JPG.a1c629f324d73bcdec62cecb31d4e15c.JPG

IMG_2726.thumb.JPG.cf8255cb4c0c0443fc13340652fdb452.JPG

IMG_2728.thumb.JPG.4c2fa32caac62e2cfe27ae46455090a9.JPG

IMG_2729.thumb.JPG.6f252a54c5f9a58ecd6c4daec5076328.JPG

IMG_2731.thumb.JPG.9510b33a614b097dec0b5f2588b6ab3a.JPG

IMG_2732.thumb.JPG.fd1cc41c4811fdcf3d6eddb708553445.JPG

IMG_2727.JPG

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Still working out tuning issues on my Goat. Replaced a bad PCV valve the hard way. couldn't get the damn PCV to fit in the grommet and thru excessive force, pushed the grommet and the PCV valve into the valley pan. Took awhile using a magnet to get out the PCV valve then some lotto type luck to hook the grommet with a coat hager but both are out of the engine. So after that fix still running like crap and getting worse. Gonna have to probably rebuild this damn carb as something is not right with the idle circuit. Ive never tried an Edelbrock carb in my life but these Holleys are getting on my last nerve. Had a friend that I helped today hand me a 600 cfm Edelbrock and I'm gonna do some homework to see if its enough carb to work on my 455.

LOL Great pics as always Frosty! Remy is determined to play all the time. I ordered jess's fender after you left,mid week i hope to see it. Lots of deer activity. Plus i get to put of dealing with Michelles molding project LOL

• 1 month later...

This  6' box showed up at my door step yesterday. I haven't opened it yet. I will open it up tonight after dinner.I wonder what could be in it? :dancingpontiac:

5abcd9d0bb8bc_IMG_2779(2).thumb.JPG.a89983501cf53c0e1933bf1ff73148bd.JPG

Clearly I did not. I have 48 hours to open the box according to my wife, who did read the box. I took my wife out for her birthday instead of checking out my new box.

4 hours ago, Frosty said:

This  6' box showed up at my door step yesterday. I haven't opened it yet. I will open it up tonight after dinner.I wonder what could be in it? :dancingpontiac:

5abcd9d0bb8bc_IMG_2779(2).thumb.JPG.a89983501cf53c0e1933bf1ff73148bd.JPG

Ok, I don’t understand, what have you been doing all winter? It’s time to get ready to get the car out! The brakes should be done by now! You know if you spent less time working for money you could be done now:D

Somebody’s going to have fun this weekend!

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Ringo64 said:

Was this “her present”? :lol:

happy birthday MRS Frosty

Yes it is, it gives ME something to do and get out of her hair.

21 minutes ago, Last Indian said:

Ok, I don’t understand, what have you been doing all winter? It’s time to get ready to get the car out! The brakes should be done by now! You know if you spent less time working for money you could be done now:D

Somebody’s going to have fun this weekend!

No heated garage. No indoor workshop. No luxury of being retarded (spelling?) and on a fixed income (yet but it feels like it all the same. Sorry - that's marriage in general. My bad!).

I know I am a working ho. Somebody has to pay for your social security sex.  It certainly isn't mine yet. According the the government, not until I am 67 1/3 either. Bastichs (thanks Pro I like this word)! :P

bernie-m.jpg

3 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Yes it is, it gives ME something to do and get out of her hair.

No heated garage. No indoor workshop. No luxury of being retarded (spelling?) and on a fixed income (yet but it feels like it all the same. Sorry - that's marriage in general. My bad!).

I know I am a working ho. Somebody has to pay for your social security sex.  It certainly isn't mine yet. According the the government, not until I am 67 1/3 either. Bastichs (thanks Pro I like this word)! :P

bernie-m.jpg

Hey I’m not retarded! Just very very slow! It’s only been 14 years since I built the bathroom as a room, now I’m finishing it. And my incomes not fixed, it going down all the time!!:wacko:

• Haha 1

You are a my-membership-card-is-still-in-mail member of the Procrastinator's Club then! My apologies, I failed to appreciate the difference.

Your income is fixed, just not your expenses. Makes you appreciate laissez-faire, don't it?

23 hours ago, Ringo64 said:

But did you obey the box and open immediately?

I finally opened the box Ringo. There are more boxes inside it.

52 minutes ago, Frosty said:

I finally opened the box Ringo. There are more boxes inside it.

39 minutes ago, Ringo64 said:

Uh, oh! Boxception!

Or! Is it really Box(Vox)Humana, and there are really organ parts inside? Maybe Frosty is a closet organist and not a Pontiac guru, think about that!:o

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Please don't say "organist" in a thread. It will get notallthere excited and we are out of moist towelettes!

A complete set of brake and fuel lines (front to back), including the mounting hardware, for Lucy. It includes new flex lines for the front disc brakes and rear diff, as well as a new proportioning valve.

I decided that since I sprung a leak in the rear brake line last fall literally pulling into my driveway from West Virginia, I decided replacing the 40+ year old hard lines under the car now became a safety issue. If the brake lines are bad, I figured the fuel lines aren't that much better off. So I bought both sets of hard lines.

I was going to buy from Inline Tube anyway. They just happened to be at this Hod Rod Expo show on Saturday and I got a respectable discount (between 15-20% on the big stuff, 25% on some things) if I ordered it right then and there. Deal.

That’s the way to go! When I replaced all of mine in “16” because I redid the entire fuel system I did the brakes as well, just the reverse of yours, but the reasoning was the same and proved justified. 

Can we say peenest (pianist) around him or is that a problem too!

35 minutes ago, Last Indian said:

That’s the way to go! When I replaced all of mine in “16” because I redid the entire fuel system I did the brakes as well, just the reverse of yours, but the reasoning was the same and proved justified. 

Can we say peenest (pianist) around him or is that a problem too!

George Carlin's Class Clown album is a legend in my mind. Besides taking on the Catholic faith in a hilarious way, he gave us the famous "7 Words You Can't Say on Television" routine. In that bit he described there are "two way words". For example - You can prick your finger but don't finger your prick! No! No! No! No!

I think the peenest word is one of these "two way" words, therefore it's a crap shot with him. Roll the dice and takes your chances. Oh but be sure to have a moist towelette or two on hand, just in case.

In preparation for the rapidly approaching drive/show season I thought I would give the Ol SPRINT 6 a tune up.

27264174309_6e0b4437bc_o.jpg                  

I thought I was following all the factory shop manual guidelines correctly, but I must have misinterpreted something along the way :o

41154798201_fd9067d406_o.jpg[/url]

Now I'm really going to have to step up my game to be ready in time ;)