• Welcome!

Welcome to Forever Pontiac, full of great ideas for Pontiac performance, maintenance, or for peer-to-peer assistance from Professional and DIY mechanics. Also, compete in our Pontiac monthly competitions. Please register if you'd like to take part.

killerspeed101

What did you do to your Car today?

1,315 posts in this topic

Good to know you have solved that mystery of the universe. You know what you need to do to fix it. 

1 person likes this

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Nice job 360.  Glad ya found that pulley before it let go.

1 person likes this

Its funny because I went online to try and find the reinforcement plate with not much luck, so just on a hunch I went to the original motor sitting in the corner of the garage and BINGO, not only the plate but the original bolts holding it to the balancer as well. Just gotta find some room on a credit card to order a new pulley. I looked up the numbers on the pulley and wouldnt you know, Its not even for a GTO but a Trans Am, lol. Its amazing what people will throw together and sell on the internet, ha ha.

2 hours ago, 360Rocket said:

Its funny because I went online to try and find the reinforcement plate with not much luck, so just on a hunch I went to the original motor sitting in the corner of the garage and BINGO, not only the plate but the original bolts holding it to the balancer as well. Just gotta find some room on a credit card to order a new pulley. I looked up the numbers on the pulley and wouldnt you know, Its not even for a GTO but a Trans Am, lol. Its amazing what people will throw together and sell on the internet, ha ha.

...and what unsuspecting people buy off the Internet too!

1 person likes this

The car was thoroughly inspected before purchase but you certainly can't catch it all. I was the dumbass that drove it for 2 years and never caught it so in the end, its really on me.

Truly a buyer beware market. I know the guy that inspected it for you too! :D

4 hours ago, Frosty said:

Truly a buyer beware market. I know the guy that inspected it for you too! :D

and he is good people too.

He is....but he has this crazy volleyball fetish that no one really understands.

Justa keep swingin til ya can't swing no more.  Even as messed up as I am, refuse to quit until I'm no longer feared or respected.   Have no idea how I missed the cracked pulley.  Must be slippin in my old age. :huh:

1 person likes this

Uniforms are waaay better than Baseball.  :D

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, 360Rocket said:

Now Frosty, to answer the volleyball question with a theory? Have you ever noticed in every picture with the volleyball team that Justa is always surrounded with hot volleyball women? Just sayin'. He works smarter, not harder.

I give you credit on that one 360. That is an excellent observation. My counter question to your theory then is why is JUSTA his shoulder hurting?

3 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

Uniforms are waaay better than Baseball.  :D

Yeah no cups or cleats. No chew or pine tar either.

1 person likes this

Road trip to the next volleyball tournament.  I will bring stump water.

20 hours ago, Frosty said:

I give you credit on that one 360. That is an excellent observation. My counter question to your theory then is why is JUSTA his shoulder hurting?

The blue pills are effecting the wrong muscle?

On 4/26/2017 at 0:34 PM, notallthere said:

Road trip to the next volleyball tournament.  I will bring stump water.

Coulda used some stump water.  Came in 3rd overall in my mens league tournie tues.  Last night we missed making the playoffs by one game. 1st time we will not make the playoffs in my coed league in 19 years.  Wish we had our full team instead of using subs. Wish they made a pill for that, 360.:P