Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

What did you do to your Car today?

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

In thinking more about this,I'm afraid i will miss the "Pop tic tic tic tic tic...Pop tic tic tic" Its a old guy thing i guess. Anyways i took it all apart and cleaned it with a dry graphite lube.its been keeping time for 2hrs now. I'll post a 24hr update. or close to that as i hope im not up tomorrow night at 1:45 am LOL

You might want to give a week update too. These things are suppose to have a self-winder that draws a small amount of battery current to wind the clock periodically.

Been cleaning the undercarriage as well as giving all the rubber and weather seals their annual clean up and silicone treatment. Also getting ready to pull the interior to add some new sound deadener as well as install a newly acquired vacuum actuated trunk release. This 1966 option has eluded me for over 20 years and I now have all the correct components to install it :)   

CONTROL & POWER 1.jpg

Edited by SPRINT 6
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SPRINT 6 said:

Been cleaning the undercarriage as well as giving all the rubber and weather seals their annual clean up and silicone treatment. Also getting ready to pull the interior to add some new sound deadener as well as install a newly acquired vacuum actuated trunk release. This 1966 option has eluded me for over 20 years and I now have all the correct components to install it :)   

CONTROL & POWER 1.jpg

Nice find!

indianmanjoe, I see your reply that you got the info from me thru PY. cool. You might want to consider sending that rally clock off to get the quartz conversion done while you already have it out. My 68 that I used to own had the non quartz and I found myself resetting the time everytime I got in the car. The quartz action greatly improves time accuracy. ALSO anyone looking for these clocks a reminder that the 1968 models will have a blued face instead of a black face like all of the other years. All black gauges and one blur gauge is a no no. lol. Nice looking clock Joe.

Todays after work project. So I bought a triple gauge set to mount to the bottom side of the dash. I have the factory rally gauges in the dash but the accuracy and size of readout do NOT give me a warm and fuzzy about my engines vitals. So its mounted but I need a bit more hardware to hook up the sensors to the engine.

0c1d2b7a-2d2d-42bf-9767-e11bf90c4768_zps

360 i am torn about the quartz update. My clock is about 10 mins slow after 3 days. But i know i'll miss the movement of the factory one. I can pull the dash pretty fast as i have done it quite a few times adding stuff lol I did find the correct way to adjust the time mechanism.i'll post a pic..

• Like 1

8 hours ago, indymanjoe said:

360 i am torn about the quartz update. My clock is about 10 mins slow after 3 days. But i know i'll miss the movement of the factory one. I can pull the dash pretty fast as i have done it quite a few times adding stuff lol I did find the correct way to adjust the time mechanism.i'll post a pic..

Joe what if you bought a used correct spare and had it converted to quartz movement? JUSTA a thought. It's also more time and money....but.....

Looks good Joe.  Found LED replacement bulbs for the GTO dash...ordering tomorrow when I figure out how many.  Requires layin on my back N TWERKIN my way up under the dash.  No camera's!  Took my GTO seatbelts out to the car, but didn't get to pull the backseat to install.  Busy cleanin on the daily drivers.  Whatta beautiful day and tomorrow will be the same.

Edited by JUSTA6
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Frosty said:

Joe what if you bought a used correct spare and had it converted to quartz movement? JUSTA a thought. It's also more time and money....but.....

The hoarder in me says YES! but i'm tired of looking at stuff i dont need..LOL

Made Michelle go for a ride..Look honey LOOK! she got tired of me asking her to ask me what time is it and how many RPM's are we turning LOL

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

Looks good Joe.  Found LED replacement bulbs for the GTO dash...ordering tomorrow when I figure out how many.  Requires layin on my back N TWERKIN my way up under the dash.  No camera's!  Took my GTO seatbelts out to the car, but didn't get to pull the backseat to install.  Busy cleanin on the daily drivers.  Whatta beautiful day and tomorrow will be the same.

Let me know the details on the LED bulbs JUSTA. Where did you find them? How much? How many does your car need? LED bulbs are on the bucket list for Lucy. Last time I was at NPD they had returned all of their LED bulbs due to quality issues. So I am not sure where to go with that plus I understand since LEDs drawn less current you have to put a resistor in the light circuit otherwise they flash quicker (now some bulbs now have a small resistor in them to resolve this problem). 

18 hours ago, indymanjoe said:

The hoarder in me says YES! but i'm tired of looking at stuff i dont need..LOL

If you are worried about the hoarding aspect, Buy another, send out for conversion or buy one converted, swap them and then sell the first one and recoup some of your money. AND not be a hoarder. I like hanging on to that kind of stuff as it is getting scarce. I bought an extra power trunk release just because.

On 2/18/2017 at 7:00 AM, indymanjoe said:

If your not OCD as I am, then let it ride and just correct the time once you get to the car show.

2 hours ago, 360Rocket said:

If you are worried about the hoarding aspect, Buy another, send out for conversion or buy one converted, swap them and then sell the first one and recoup some of your money. AND not be a hoarder. I like hanging on to that kind of stuff as it is getting scarce. I bought an extra power trunk release just because.

If your not OCD as I am, then let it ride and just correct the time once you get to the car show.

I say... Let it run slow,  the cars NOT aging as fast then, right?:P

7 hours ago, rickmpontiac said:

Over the past few weeks I have been replacing the chrome (really anodized aluminum) on the top edge of the door and rear quarters. At least that was the plan, but it led to the following as well.

Removed both vent windows and refurbished with new rubber and sash channels. Polished all of the stainless steel parts of the vent windows.

Replaced all of the seals/felts around the front door and rear windows.

Replaced the gaskets around the door handles/locks.

Replaced the door locks with a matching ignition switch cylinder.

Repainted the top of the doors and rear quarters (interior).

Had the pulldown cloth on rear seat cushion repaired due to rotten cloth. The upholstery guy assured me the seat covers are original as I was told. 

Lubricated all of the window regulator/channels.

Adjusted all of the windows for better seal.

Resealed the door/quarter panel water shields with 3M caulk strips.

Replaced the rear quarter trim panels that were warped due to moisture sometime in the car's history.

So my weekend project turned into a month long project and the budget exceeded by about three times, but very pleased with the results, and all things that needed to be done.

I've been waiting to tear down my GTO for paint.  $$$ issues.  Will be doing the same when putting it back together.  Alot of work, but so worth it.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, JUSTA6 said:

I say... Let it run slow,  the cars NOT aging as fast then, right?:P

I've been waiting to tear down my GTO for paint.  $$$ issues.  Will be doing the same when putting it back together.  Alot of work, but so worth it.

Good luck with the repaint and the financing for it. :)

12 hours ago, Auto von Bismarck said:

Last week the door on my Bonneville was stuck so I gave it a good kick and kicked the thing clean off. I buried it in the back yard and have been going doorless for a few days. Good thing the weather's nice!

Wow...remind me NOT to make you mad.

On 2/19/2017 at 9:57 AM, rickmpontiac said:

Over the past few weeks I have been replacing the chrome (really anodized aluminum) on the top edge of the door and rear quarters. At least that was the plan, but it led to the following as well.

Removed both vent windows and refurbished with new rubber and sash channels. Polished all of the stainless steel parts of the vent windows.

Replaced all of the seals/felts around the front door and rear windows.

Replaced the gaskets around the door handles/locks.

Replaced the door locks with a matching ignition switch cylinder.

Repainted the top of the doors and rear quarters (interior).

Had the pulldown cloth on rear seat cushion repaired due to rotten cloth. The upholstery guy assured me the seat covers are original as I was told. 

Lubricated all of the window regulator/channels.

Adjusted all of the windows for better seal.

Resealed the door/quarter panel water shields with 3M caulk strips.

Replaced the rear quarter trim panels that were warped due to moisture sometime in the car's history.

So my weekend project turned into a month long project and the budget exceeded by about three times, but very pleased with the results, and all things that needed to be done.

We love pictures... about time for some new ones, Rick! :PICS:

• Like 1