I'm in the process of refurbishing the seatbacks and lower trim on my bucket seats and replacing the chrome piping.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Have spent the entire week working on my NEW/old truck. Swapping Hids N blacked out turnsigs, bumpers. lower fascia painted to match and new driving light buckets swapped over, painted and installed my pushbar/grill guard.  Polished aluminum skid plate installed.  Tore the dash outta both and replaced burned out lighting, swapped my radio. Finally able to install my Browning pistol grip shift knob on something again, missed having a stick in my truck. Heavy duty cleaning to remove stains from my carpet/seats,  swapped my class 3 hitch and new plug connection for the trailer. Cleaned both top to bottom. Put pic's on Craigslist @ 1pm yesterday, old truck was SOLD by 4pm.  Very happy with my new ride. 

Explorer 023.jpg

Eww, a Ford :P 

6 hours ago, Ringo64 said:

Eww, a Ford :P 

:rolleyes:

i turned on my car and warmed it up. revved it a bit and thats it. starting to sit for a while again.

Picked up a new cap last night.  Ready for winter!

just been playing around with the new toy, man its been a while since i was on here 21427_896126980503189_846570826127374633

Nice, Avalanche!

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2015 at 0:56 AM, killerspeed101 said:

just been playing around with the new toy, man its been a while since i was on here 21427_896126980503189_846570826127374633

That a 3/4 ton 2500? 6.0?

2 hours ago, EiGhTySeVeN said:

that a 3/4 ton 2500? 6.0?

Yup , 2500 avy.... 8.1 big block 

11 minutes ago, killerspeed101 said:

Yup , 2500 avy.... 8.1 big block 

8.1, nice. I've got that in my truck. Guzzles gas but I can never run out of power. Zac Draper had a 8.1 Silverado and said he'd only get another truck if it had that in it

On 25/12/2015 at 0:51 AM, EiGhTySeVeN said:

8.1, nice. I've got that in my truck. Guzzles gas but I can never run out of power. Zac Draper had a 8.1 Silverado and said he'd only get another truck if it had that in it

im loving it

• Like 1

Killer, how do you like the Avalanche? I miss mine. Think this will hold up better on Michigan roads than the GP?

On 31/12/2015 at 11:07 PM, Frosty said:

Killer, how do you like the Avalanche? I miss mine. Think this will hold up better on Michigan roads than the GP?

i have the slight feeling that it will hold up better.the avy is the GP replacement. 
886920_904595349656352_89976870135082171

Already using it wisely! :( for the GP though

Revival! Washed the G6 today. Nice day to do so.

Wow. Haven't seen this thread in quite a while.

Though almost a year of absence was too long!

I have pulled the Hurst pistol grip shifter off of Lucy so I can paint the Hurst logo on it.IMG_1142.JPGIMG_1143.JPG

How are you painting it?

I bought some gold and black automotive touch up paint that includes the clear coat. I also got some self-etching primer that works on aluminum, an X-Acto knife, a red scotch bride pad to create some "tooth" on the metal, and some painters adhesive paper to cover the parts not getting painted.

IMG_1144.JPG

IMG_1145.JPG

Right now it has been primed. Color is next.

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 1

Will have to take notes on this one.   Had Brians name etched into my Hurst T handle and will need paint. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

Will have to take notes on this one.   Had Brians name etched into my Hurst T handle and will need paint. 

Show it to me the next time we get together. Depending on how it's etched it could be done a couple of different ways.

11 hours ago, Frosty said:

Show it to me the next time we get together. Depending on how it's etched it could be done a couple of different ways.

I don't have the depth you have to work with.  It already has plenty to bite on, so I'm thinkin Justa brush BLACK in and go. No real room for primer.

Copy of 2016 Brian T 002.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

I don't have the depth you have to work with.  It already has plenty to bite on, so I'm thinkin Justa brush BLACK in and go. No real room for primer.

Copy of 2016 Brian T 002.jpg

Sweet T-handle JUSTA!!!

The self-etching primer is so there to provide a solid bond for the metal and paint to adhere to. However, I agree with your technique. I would also add some clear coat in the same way as the black paint just to protect the black paint and prevent chipping. Give lots of drying time between coats (per the paint directions).

Edited by Frosty