Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

What did you do to your Car today?

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Have spent the entire week working on my NEW/old truck. Swapping Hids N blacked out turnsigs, bumpers. lower fascia painted to match and new driving light buckets swapped over, painted and installed my pushbar/grill guard.  Polished aluminum skid plate installed.  Tore the dash outta both and replaced burned out lighting, swapped my radio. Finally able to install my Browning pistol grip shift knob on something again, missed having a stick in my truck. Heavy duty cleaning to remove stains from my carpet/seats,  swapped my class 3 hitch and new plug connection for the trailer. Cleaned both top to bottom. Put pic's on Craigslist @ 1pm yesterday, old truck was SOLD by 4pm.  Very happy with my new ride. 

Explorer 023.jpg

6 hours ago, Ringo64 said:

Eww, a Ford :P 

:rolleyes:

i turned on my car and warmed it up. revved it a bit and thats it. starting to sit for a while again.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, killerspeed101 said:

Yup , 2500 avy.... 8.1 big block 

8.1, nice. I've got that in my truck. Guzzles gas but I can never run out of power. Zac Draper had a 8.1 Silverado and said he'd only get another truck if it had that in it

On 25/12/2015 at 0:51 AM, EiGhTySeVeN said:

8.1, nice. I've got that in my truck. Guzzles gas but I can never run out of power. Zac Draper had a 8.1 Silverado and said he'd only get another truck if it had that in it

im loving it

• Like 1

On 31/12/2015 at 11:07 PM, Frosty said:

Killer, how do you like the Avalanche? I miss mine. Think this will hold up better on Michigan roads than the GP?

i have the slight feeling that it will hold up better.the avy is the GP replacement. 
886920_904595349656352_89976870135082171

• 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I bought some gold and black automotive touch up paint that includes the clear coat. I also got some self-etching primer that works on aluminum, an X-Acto knife, a red scotch bride pad to create some "tooth" on the metal, and some painters adhesive paper to cover the parts not getting painted.

IMG_1144.JPG

IMG_1145.JPG

Right now it has been primed. Color is next.

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

Will have to take notes on this one.   Had Brians name etched into my Hurst T handle and will need paint. 

Show it to me the next time we get together. Depending on how it's etched it could be done a couple of different ways.

11 hours ago, Frosty said:

Show it to me the next time we get together. Depending on how it's etched it could be done a couple of different ways.

I don't have the depth you have to work with.  It already has plenty to bite on, so I'm thinkin Justa brush BLACK in and go. No real room for primer.

Copy of 2016 Brian T 002.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

I don't have the depth you have to work with.  It already has plenty to bite on, so I'm thinkin Justa brush BLACK in and go. No real room for primer.

Copy of 2016 Brian T 002.jpg

Sweet T-handle JUSTA!!!

The self-etching primer is so there to provide a solid bond for the metal and paint to adhere to. However, I agree with your technique. I would also add some clear coat in the same way as the black paint just to protect the black paint and prevent chipping. Give lots of drying time between coats (per the paint directions).

Edited by Frosty