Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

What did you do to your Car today?

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Wait I have permission to drive something off a cliff.  I am in. 

yes! hes in!!

Notallthere, you just have to be in it when it goes over :P jk

quick, give him the Camaro. thing needs to be put out of its misery anyways. :D

I will video the event - from outside the car !!!!

:dancingpontiac:

I have a camera!

multiple angles!

OOOHHHHH YEA. :dancingpontiac:

post-15-0-00159500-1434010625.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I took Black Beauty (my black Envoy Denali) in for an oil change, lube, and tire rotation this morning. I got a bit of shock once they went to rotate the tires.

Seems like I need new tires. I need to replace the passenger side sway bar end link since it is completely missing! The A/C belt is starting to crack. The transmission is overdue for a flush and filter (based on the mileage only), they didn't check their records since that was done in December. There is some slight play in the front end - not sure if its the rack and pinion or the tie rod ends, ball joints should be okay.

Oh and by the way sir, the tires are down into the steel belts, way past the wear marks. Say what?

Yup, it's true....seems the front tires are completely shot from the inside.

post-317-0-16367200-1435455730_thumb.jpg

post-317-0-15713200-1435455953_thumb.jpg

So now I am the proud owner of a new set of Bridgestone tires. I will have to run to the auto parts store tomorrow for the A/C belt and a pair of sway bar end links. I figure if one side is completely gone, the other side is probably compromised as well. I will have to figure out time to get it to alignment shop to check out the rack/tie rod ends/ball joints issue.

I rather expect Killer to say this due to the quality of Michigan's potholes and roads. I'm inclined to agree with him too.

Tried to silence the WHINING and RUMBLING from the TRIBE about having to spend the day inside because of the rain.  :lol2:  Worked on my dirt bike instead.  Might JUSTA haul that up to the cabin, as I have to trailer QUEEN my lawn tractor up there to mow the "field".  Boats not making the trip. As always I'll be bustin my A$$, while everyone else will be off having fun. :slap:

Tried to silence the WHINING and RUMBLING from the TRIBE about having to spend the day inside because of the rain.  :lol2:  Worked on my dirt bike instead.  Might JUSTA haul that up to the cabin, as I have to trailer QUEEN my lawn tractor up there to mow the "field".  Boats not making the trip. As always I'll be bustin my A$$, while everyone else will be off having fun. :slap:

I have to take the kid up to Lake City after work Wednesday night so he can meet up with his buddy and his family for the 4th of July weekend. The wife and I get to drive back home the same night - yippee. At least this year, Lucy gets to do the Hadley Parade on the 4th for the first time in about 3 years.

I have to take the kid up to Lake City after work Wednesday night so he can meet up with his buddy and his family for the 4th of July weekend. The wife and I get to drive back home the same night - yippee. At least this year, Lucy gets to do the Hadley Parade on the 4th for the first time in about 3 years.

Wanna see pics of you and Lucy in the parade! :driving:

• Like 1

a few quick revs in the garage dont help anymore?

Went to a local car show...

Show%2006_28_15%20043_zpsnopyhvvq.jpg

Show%2006_28_15%20044_zpstgzanxce.jpg

ssooo...shiny!

:agreed:

Might be tough to do selfie's while in the middle the road - and dangerous too !!!   :lol2:   However, we will try. The kid will be up north but the wife and I should be out and about.

Damn, that's where my cabin is!! :Pedobear:  Not going to be up there til Thursday evening.  You could spend the night @ motel JUSTA outside of town. Nice place,pool. Check the weekend events before you leave. Hope eveything is up N running Wed for ya.  Plan on spending some time if it is.  Downtown, look for the Automotive tent usually on the waterfront.  This guy has all kinds of car stuff to OOGle over. :drool:  City blocks of vendors and live bands playin. You can't leave town without a STOP @ Tasty Treat ice cream shop, (Mom N Pop shop) they have best food as well. Can't miss it...has the line down the sidewalk.  The Carshow is Friday (never had one of my cars up there) But the Volleyball tournie is usually Saturday 8AM start.  (not playin this year) We have our annual river tube trip, you guys could take the short one.  The carnival is on 55. Their fireworks on Saturday rival Detroit.  We will be on my daughters BF's boat this year for the BEST view.  2hr 15min drive straight through for me, should be a LIL less for you.  Blew up the motor on my tractor up there last year, so I have to bring my homie rider up, and cart em both home. Another project for the Honey DEW list. My stuff seems to work it's way closer to the top of the list. :lol2:

Damn, that's where my cabin is!! :Pedobear:  Not going to be up there til Thursday evening.  You could spend the night @ motel JUSTA outside of town. Nice place,pool. Check the weekend events before you leave. Hope eveything is up N running Wed for ya.  Plan on spending some time if it is.  Downtown, look for the Automotive tent usually on the waterfront.  This guy has all kinds of car stuff to OOGle over. :drool:  City blocks of vendors and live bands playin. You can't leave town without a STOP @ Tasty Treat ice cream shop, (Mom N Pop shop) they have best food as well. Can't miss it...has the line down the sidewalk.  The Carshow is Friday (never had one of my cars up there) But the Volleyball tournie is usually Saturday 8AM start.  (not playin this year) We have our annual river tube trip, you guys could take the short one.  The carnival is on 55. Their fireworks on Saturday rival Detroit.  We will be on my daughters BF's boat this year for the BEST view.  2hr 15min drive straight through for me, should be a LIL less for you.  Blew up the motor on my tractor up there last year, so I have to bring my homie rider up, and cart em both home. Another project for the Honey DEW list. My stuff seems to work it's way closer to the top of the list. :lol2:

Frankly I am in the mood to get out of Dodge and do just about anything that isn't baseball related right now. Sadly, the wife and I have to work on Thursday. So we get to leave for Lake City right after work, drop the kid off,  and then turn around and head home. His buddy's family will bring him home on Sunday night.

Put my Lifters in today..had to clearance the tomahawk valley pan and shave some meat off the RPM runners...tomorrow i may be firing her up.Oh and Crane can suck my.....NO,that would be to good for them.Anyways i installed new Crower Lifters,guess we all will see how that ends up..

• Like 1

Put my Lifters in today..had to clearance the tomahawk valley pan and shave some meat off the RPM runners...tomorrow i may be firing her up.Oh and Crane can suck my.....NO,that would be to good for them.Anyways i installed new Crower Lifters,guess we all will see how that ends up..

Joe WTF? I know the story of the lifters. That part I get.  Why did you have to do all that other stuff?

Good luck putting it back together....I'd love to see your Lemans back on the road again. I know you really do.

I'd be pullin a 68 on Crane.  They do you N you owe em one! :lol2:   69 -1  Hope all goes well.  Plenty of time to work out the bugs before the DC. :dancingpontiac:

Pop quiz. Got a wheel bearing making noise on the 2005 Malibu. At $200+ for a new hub, I called about. One yard close had a low mileage spindle from a G6 for $75 (cash discount, bite me taxman). Now the question is, do I pull the hub off the scrap spindle, or just install the whole new spindle? Bearing is nice and tight BTW.

Tough question. One the one hand, you don't have to screw around disassembling the hub. However, you do have to screw around disassembling the upper and lower control arms and perhaps the strut assembly and then reassembling everything. Which one is less work for you? Also do you have remove everything yourself from the G6 in the yard too to get the spindle or the hub? Is it $75 for either the spindle or the hub or just for the hub?

It was already off and on the shelf. the entire steering knuckle is on the floor of my car right now. Just have to pop the strut, ball joint and tie rod end, after removing the brake support.. 2005 Malibu has no upper control arm, and the ball joint isn't the taper style.

i repaired some of the black plastic spokes on my center caps again. and i have started creating two new mods. but that heat, slows me down.

I took Lucy to a 4th of July parade, then later that night I had to run to Menards and get a Tiki torch and fuel for an evening firepit get together with the neighbors.

• Like 1

I took Black Beauty (my black Envoy Denali) in for an oil change, lube, and tire rotation this morning. I got a bit of shock once they went to rotate the tires.

Seems like I need new tires. I need to replace the passenger side sway bar end link since it is completely missing! The A/C belt is starting to crack. The transmission is overdue for a flush and filter (based on the mileage only), they didn't check their records since that was done in December. There is some slight play in the front end - not sure if its the rack and pinion or the tie rod ends, ball joints should be okay.

Oh and by the way sir, the tires are down into the steel belts, way past the wear marks. Say what?

Yup, it's true....seems the front tires are completely shot from the inside.

attachicon.gifIMG_3259.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_3260-A.jpg

So now I am the proud owner of a new set of Bridgestone tires. I will have to run to the auto parts store tomorrow for the A/C belt and a pair of sway bar end links. I figure if one side is completely gone, the other side is probably compromised as well. I will have to figure out time to get it to alignment shop to check out the rack/tie rod ends/ball joints issue.

I rather expect Killer to say this due to the quality of Michigan's potholes and roads. I'm inclined to agree with him too.

Those trucks like to eat tie rod ends, and you see what it does to tires. I might suspect the ball joints as well because of the inner wear.

Oh GM, you sure know how to make truck IFS setups... :lol:

If fluids are overdue, I'd service the front diff...I know that's another issue with that platform.

If you count Friday till now at today then here it goes.

Pulled the drivers seat out of the Cavalier and repaired the back of the seat as one of the springs let go.

Sanded part of the Fiero's front bumper down, primed, sanded, sealed, painted and cleared the bad spots on the bumper.

Chevelle:

Painted the spindles and assembled them.

Painted the rotors and mounted them to the spindles.

Painted all of the front suspension components.

Pressed the bushings and the ball joints in the A-arms

Partially assembled the steering linkages

Painted the motor mounts

Attached the motor mounts to the frame of the car

Measured and drilled out the rear lower control arms in preparation to mount to the rear sway bar

Ordered the new steering box because mine is not worth the hassle

Painted the front sway bar