Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

What did you do to your Car today?

I bought Tein S-Tech springs and Tokico blue struts back in March. Finally getting around to having them installed

1.4" drop in the rear

1.9" drop up front

Eliminates the wheel gap entirely, doesn't ride too stiff and improves steering response nicely. After the drop, I may invest in some Acura TL-S sway bars next.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Founders

Should be interesting then!

I am thinking about picking up the Z/28 suspension for the SS, it will sit a bit lower (forget the actual length) but not much, handling will be a million times better though.

Should be interesting then!

I am thinking about picking up the Z/28 suspension for the SS, it will sit a bit lower (forget the actual length) but not much, handling will be a million times better though.

Have you considered the 1LE braking/handling components too or is that already included in the Z/28 suspension ?

Just added half a bottle of brake fluid to the wagon. Think I might have a leak.

oil-leak.jpg

• Founders

Have you considered the 1LE braking/handling components too or is that already included in the Z/28 suspension ?

Yeah, the 1LE is part of the Z/28 setup. Now that I'm thinking about it though I'll have to look up what's different so 1LE might be an option.

1LE only parts may be fewer and therefore less expensive than the total Z/28 package. Of course, the Z/28 package may be more complete too. 

It's official, my coupe will finally be lowered this Friday.

lol your lowering your car and im raising my outback up..albeit it's only an inch..figure i'll try the inch and see how it works..found a 2" kit after i bought the one i did but i wanted to see how the cv's were with the inch since the outback is already a lifted version of the legacy..

it's not perfect but it's a start. the mark i made this winter on the drivers side fender came out..wasn't really mad when it happened since it was light. that happened when i was cleaning snow off..

i stopped at the carwash beforehand and blasted the crap off and then picked up a couple gallons of spring water and did the ONR rinse in the garage..couple of areas still need some more love but by the end i was drenched as it's humid as hell

this is after the ONR..doesn't look bad and still shines.
20150528_090040.jpg

in the middle of buffing..iirc this was the first stage..
20150528_091948.jpg

I continued working on the grilles on Lucy. I had to repaint the slightly rusty mounting brackets with Eastwood chassis black.

I also applied some touch up paint to the Denali.

Oh, and Lucy has been in the upholstery shop since May 13th !!! I wonder what she will look like when she comes out !

I stopped in to check on Lucy's progress. I had do order something from The Parts Place seems I was missing a small $15.00 part. The embroider is out until this coming week. So with luck everything should be wrapped up by Friday.

New strut's N sway bar links for the G6.  Had to park the GTO N bike out in the all day monsoon.  Covered the GTO glass, as my rubbers are shot N will not be replaced until I take it apart for paint.  Was JUSTA talkin about NOT getting my cars wet and letting water inside my doors ect.  Pulled it back in the garage and dried er off, only to find everything in my trunk soaked!!!! This is the 1st time the car has been WET other than getting caught in a shower at a show.  

US%20NATIONALS%205-21-2015%20413_zpsgsle

US%20NATIONALS%205-21-2015%20415_zpsvnrm

I picked up Lucy from the upholestry shop today. She's a little dirty and she needs a thorough cleaning before next week's Dust Off, but I like what I see.

First up, the door panels and rear quarter panels had blue piping installed in them to match the seats. Stupidly, I failed to take a picture of that. Doh! I will get one at next week's Dust Off for sure.

Second, I had a fire extinguisher installed in front of the console between the firewall and console. The National Street Rod Association (NSRA) recommends both carrying a fire extinguisher in your classic car and having it within easy reach of the driver. Guys I highly recommend having a fire extinguisher in the car with you at all times.

Third, cup holders were installed on either side of the console for the front passengers.  They are removable if they get uncomfortable or get in the way, or I want to take them off for a car show.

Fourth, another cigarette lighter/power adapter was added to the console facing the rear passengers (not seen in any of the photos). This will allow my wife or son to charge their cell phone/iPad while I can use the stock cigarette lighter for my Garmin.

post-317-0-99905300-1433645582_thumb.jpg

Fifth, I had the stock automatic transmission shifter replaced with my period correct Hurst His/Hers Dual gate shifter. You "old" guys will notice that the cover plate is autographed by both Linda Vaughn ("Miss Hurst" herself) and Doc Watson.

post-317-0-27163200-1433645642_thumb.jpg

Sixth, I installed my honeycomb grilles into Lucy.

post-317-0-27593800-1433645702_thumb.jpg

Finally, I had the headrests covered with matching blue piping and custom embroidery. I got the idea on the headrest from a Buick GS convertible I had seen in Charleston WV 18 months.ago. It had the GS logo on the headrests.

post-317-0-55443700-1433645871_thumb.jpg

Now in case you've never heard of "The Jury", there were 25 made, in Canada only, in 1970 by Stampede Pontiac in Calgary Alberta. They were all silver '70 Lemans with blue interiors, 350 V8s, '69 GTO rear spoilers, a diagonal stripe (similar to the Mopar bumble bee stripe) with a flaming meatball "The Jury" logo in it.

This Jury is a bit of a tribute. This Jury logo looks nothing like the flaming meatball. It is a complete one off. This logo was designed for me by Mr. Paul Deesen. Paul is a retired Pontiac and GM designer, and he is a fellow Michigan Widetracker. I asked him to design the logo for me as if GM were going to produce "The Jury" as a companion car to the "Judge". This is what he came up with. If you've seen the GTO crest, you've seen Paul's work. If you've seen an S-10 Blazer, Paul designed the first one. Paul also did designs for Buick and Oldsmobile.

• Like 1

I picked up Lucy from the upholestry shop today. She's a little dirty and she needs a thorough cleaning before next week's Dust Off, but I like what I see.

First up, the door panels and rear quarter panels had blue piping installed in them to match the seats. Stupidly, I failed to take a picture of that. Doh! I will get one at next week's Dust Off for sure.

Second, I had a fire extinguisher installed in front of the console between the firewall and console. The National Street Rod Association (NSRA) recommends both carrying a fire extinguisher in your classic car and having it within easy reach of the driver. Guys I highly recommend having a fire extinguisher in the car with you at all times.

Third, cup holders were installed on either side of the console for the front passengers.  They are removable if they get uncomfortable or get in the way, or I want to take them off for a car show.

Fourth, another cigarette lighter/power adapter was added to the console facing the rear passengers (not seen in any of the photos). This will allow my wife or son to charge their cell phone/iPad while I can use the stock cigarette lighter for my Garmin.

attachicon.gifIMG_2959-A.jpg

Fifth, I had the stock automatic transmission shifter replaced with my period correct Hurst His/Hers Dual gate shifter. You "old" guys will notice that the cover plate is autographed by both Linda Vaughn ("Miss Hurst" herself) and Doc Watson.

attachicon.gifIMG_2960-A.jpg

Sixth, I installed my honeycomb grilles into Lucy.

attachicon.gifIMG_2955.JPG

Finally, I had the headrests covered with matching blue piping and custom embroidery. I got the idea on the headrest from a Buick GS convertible I had seen in Charleston WV 18 months.ago. It had the GS logo on the headrests.

attachicon.gifIMG_2956-A.jpg

Now in case you've never heard of "The Jury", there were 25 made, in Canada only, in 1970 by Stampede Pontiac in Calgary Alberta. They were all silver '70 Lemans with blue interiors, 350 V8s, '69 GTO rear spoilers, a diagonal stripe (similar to the Mopar bumble bee stripe) with a flaming meatball "The Jury" logo in it.

This Jury is a bit of a tribute. This Jury logo looks nothing like the flaming meatball. It is a complete one off. This logo was designed for me by Mr. Paul Deesen. Paul is a retired Pontiac and GM designer, and he is a fellow Michigan Widetracker. I asked him to design the logo for me as if GM were going to produce "The Jury" as a companion car to the "Judge". This is what he came up with. If you've seen the GTO crest, you've seen Paul's work. If you've seen an S-10 Blazer, Paul designed the first one. Paul also did designs for Buick and Oldsmobile.

Lookin good!  Sunbird Ins kicks in this week.  Finally back on the road for next weekends Dudtoff.  Hope we have the weather we had for yesterday.  Sins of Steele was a blast!  Had to bribe my way in, it was a 64 older. My 66 GTO was too new! LOL  Still attracted alot of attention, but was not eligable for awards.  Mini bike races were JUSTA too cool.

I have been waiting to see the improvements we talked about.Well worth the wait! Well done and looking forward to seeing Lucy in person.

Indy.... Hope your ready to go for next weekend.  Are you running?  If I wasn't committed to the Dustoff, I would be in Brighton for a Vet's charity carshow N Vball tournie.  Both of passions in 1 place.

I have been waiting to see the improvements we talked about.Well worth the wait! Well done and looking forward to seeing Lucy in person.

Thanks Joe. I know we've been talking about this for awhile now.

Lookin good! Sunbird Ins kicks in this week. Finally back on the road for next weekends Dudtoff. Hope we have the weather we had for yesterday. Sins of Steele was a blast! Had to bribe my way in, it was a 64 older. My 66 GTO was too new! LOL Still attracted alot of attention, but was not eligable for awards. Mini bike races were JUSTA too cool.

I thought I told you it was a pre-64 show. You will have to tell me all about it. I love the swap meet area especially at this show.

Indy.... Hope your ready to go for next weekend. Are you running? If I wasn't committed to the Dustoff, I would be in Brighton for a Vet's charity carshow N Vball tournie. Both of passions in 1 place.

Are we going to have time to go swap meet shopping again? I promise to let you buy the next Royal Pontiac license plate holder we see.

Thanks Joe. I know we've been talking about this for awhile now.

Lookin good! Sunbird Ins kicks in this week. Finally back on the road for next weekends Dudtoff. Hope we have the weather we had for yesterday. Sins of Steele was a blast! Had to bribe my way in, it was a 64 older. My 66 GTO was too new! LOL Still attracted alot of attention, but was not eligable for awards. Mini bike races were JUSTA too cool.

I thought I told you it was a pre-64 show. You will have to tell me all about it. I love the swap meet area especially at this show.

Indy.... Hope your ready to go for next weekend. Are you running? If I wasn't committed to the Dustoff, I would be in Brighton for a Vet's charity carshow N Vball tournie. Both of passions in 1 place.

Are we going to have time to go swap meet shopping again? I promise to let you buy the next Royal Pontiac license plate holder we see.