Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

What did you do to your Car today?

EEEEEW  AAAAAH   Nice!   Happy N safe holiday buddy.

Did get the veneer back from staining.  Need time to install on the dash. 

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

On 5/27/2018 at 4:35 PM, JUSTA6 said:

EEEEEW  AAAAAH   Nice!   Happy N safe holiday buddy.

Did get the veneer back from staining.  Need time to install on the dash. 

Great to hear, JustA hope you get some time to get it in soon!

2 hours ago, Last Indian said:

Great to hear, JustA hope you get some time to get it in soon!

Too many other projects,  no way to fit the dash in.  Justa got the G6 out so that needs cleaning top to bottom.  And JustaG6 has some mechanical issues she thinks I have time to work on.   Humid 90's temps are not helping.  Spring Dustoff...All Pontiac show is next  Saturday.   Have the GTO to go over as well. 

• Like 1

JUSTA installed a set of projector headlights into the boy's Hummer H3 last night.

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

I got Lucy dirty! She's a dirty girl!!! I took her to the WIdetracker's annual picnic yesterday and it was raining. Envy, the notalltheres' Fiero, was parked next to me. Only seven of us were brave enough to bring our cars out in the rain. 

IMG_7691-A.thumb.jpg.25163bf72cf9c551805c9a3dbbe5c520.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Frosty said:

I got Lucy dirty! She's a dirty girl!!! I took her to the WIdetracker's annual picnic yesterday and it was raining. Envy, the notalltheres' Fiero, was parked next to me. Only seven of us were brave enough to bring our cars out in the rain. 

IMG_7691-A.thumb.jpg.25163bf72cf9c551805c9a3dbbe5c520.jpg

Least the tops up!

Had to be - it rained - A LOT!

You've never been out to Carol and Wade's place before, have you? You'll droll all over - with all the Pontiac cars and memorabilia he has.

• Like 1

Nice picture Frosty. 

My junk I aligned the hood and trunk better on the Chevelle, Fixed an exhaust leak on the Vibe and ordered parts for the Fiero namely all of the parts to ensure the sunroof does not leak anymore and 1988 headlight motors, wiring, control board, relays and with a goal of all done before Woodward.

1 hour ago, notallthere said:

Nice picture Frosty. 

My junk I aligned the hood and trunk better on the Chevelle, Fixed an exhaust leak on the Vibe and ordered parts for the Fiero namely all of the parts to ensure the sunroof does not leak anymore and 1988 headlight motors, wiring, control board, relays and with a goal of all done before Woodward.

Ambition or trying to make the missus happy?

Went out to dinner last Friday and she wouldn't start, not even a click. Sucked to have it roll-backed less then 4 mile but so is life.

Got under the hood Saturday afternoon to find the main starter wire had come out of the harness bulkhead, WTH??

So upon removing the Starter/Ignition engine hardness in an attempt to repair. found it was not going to happen without a complete separation of the wiring. I also noticed a few past repaired section showing signs of fatigue so said scr*w it and just ordered a new harness form M&H. This one is 23 years old from them when we completed the reso in '95 so no ill towards their product.  👍    

ENGINE1.jpg

Ordered the replacement harness from M&H on Monday, It was in my PO box on Friday! (was expecting the basic 3-4 week)  That's good service. Was a little nervous Saturday morning when I started to remove the temp harness I had installed (Saved from a none AC parts car) the tabs on the bulkhead are clearly getting older and it's always possible to break one. So after inspection and comparison of old to new. Then slowly out with old and in with the new. M&H harness' are Plug & Play and 99% Factory Correct. Took her out and fully tested the systems ;) It's been a painfully slow recovery but everything is coming back together, Besides if it were easy everyone would own a Classic!

29989615288_56ea6416b9_o.jpg

Edited by SPRINT 6

On 7/31/2018 at 9:14 PM, notallthere said:

Drove ours today

0731181055_HDR.jpg

It's sad to say that I walked through that building once or twice in the years that I worked at that the Powertrain / Metal Fab (formerly Pontiac Motor Division) complex. When I was there, they were storing cars from the GM Heritage Collection in this building that were not on display at the Stering Heights location. I remember still seeing Fiero logoed trash barrels in there.

• 5 weeks later...

Today I sanded, then sanded some more, then get this I sanded.  Lunch, then I sanded, and sanded, and sanded.

11 hours ago, notallthere said:

Today I sanded, then sanded some more, then get this I sanded.  Lunch, then I sanded, and sanded, and sanded.

Why? Is that scab itching that much buddy?  :lol2:

Edited by Frosty
  • Haha 2

On 8/5/2018 at 11:00 AM, notallthere said:

Fiero logo trash barrels.  Gotta get one of those.

Easy do-it-yourself project. Get some yellow commercial trash barrels. Make a decent size stencil of the Fiero pegasus and Fiero logo. Peel away outline of pegasus and the word Fiero. Paint prep the barrel. Take stencil to barrel. Spray paint black.

No the scabs are not that bad but I now have the nickname of Zorro by a couple friends of mine.

Oil change on the Vibe, sanded on the Chevelle, and tires for the Chevelle are on order.