Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

So I just spoke to this guy...

http://westernmass.craigslist.org/cto/3738622509.html

3Ma3Fc3H65I85Gb5Jbd4d40083b9f2ee31a7e.jp

"Up for sale is an '86 manual Fiero SE. The car is in good shape overall and came with a T Top installed. It has 93,000 miles on it and has been garage kept for the time I've owned it (8 years or so)

The issue that makes it a project car is that the water jacket is cracked and the car is not drivable for any real distance.

I bought an original 2.8 1988 Fiero Formula engine and automatic transmission for it to do a swap. I intended to strip down the spare and put a full rebuild kit into it before swapping, but life got in the way and I haven't had the time.

It does start and drive (I drove it into the garage, but due to the leak, it would need to be trailered to its new home.)

Looking for $1,500 OBO for car, and spare engine/transmission. Local, cash only."

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need to talk to my friend to see if he could help me with the engine swap. Apparently a Fiero swap is really easy.

You undo some bolts and lift rear of the body off the frame and roll the engine and drivetrain out. That explains why Fiero swaps are common lol

but for $1500 if I can get help swapping the engine I will definitely pull the trigger on it

• Founders

I've swapped the engine out of my bro-in-law's MR2, same principle though. Pretty easy, worst part was getting around the engine bay though. Think the Fiero has a little bit wider mouth than the MR2 though.

• Founders

Lol was just about to say you don't really buy a Fiero as a DD or to be reliable. You buy it because you like it and want to have some build fun

Unreliable death trap....

Stay away....

there's a few girls i went out with that deserve that label..lol

buy it throw a 3500 in it with a turbo cam and then turbo it.

all these people talking about fiero's lately makes me want to buy a miata and throw my engine in it.

there's a few girls i went out with that deserve that label..lol

buy it throw a 3500 in it with a turbo cam and then turbo it.

all these people talking about fiero's lately makes me want to buy a miata and throw my engine in it.

If you do that then I will get a RX7 FD and do that aswell. Not everything needs to be a LSx :D

Mike - one word - Northstar!

This Fiero was with us Widetrackers on Woodward back in August. Talk about power-to-weight ratio!!! Also talk to notallthere. He has been working on his wife's Fiero. He can give you some advice too.

100_2557_zpsbfe228eb.jpg

100_2556_zps8e735c2a.jpg

The ex pres of the Mich Fiero chapter passed last year. He lived by me and has 6 rare ones stored in his pole barn. When his wife is ready she's gonna call me to check out his stash of toys, including snowmobiles, boats and did I mention Fiero's. Will update when it happens.

The ex pres of the Mich Fiero chapter passed last year. He lived by me and has 6 rare ones stored in his pole barn. When his wife is ready she's gonna call me to check out his stash of toys, including snowmobiles, boats and did I mention Fiero's. Will update when it happens.

Let me know what he's got. Perhaps he has some great wall art for the man cave too. Of course if the Northstar Fiero is his, then that could be a fun car.

BTW - I think he also joined the Widetrackers too. I remember us sending flowers to the funeral home and sending a card around at the meeting right after his death to send to his family. I know a few club memebers went to the funeral too.

Frosty, on 02 May 2013 - 10:29 AM, said:

Let me know what he's got. Perhaps he has some great wall art for the man cave too. Of course if the Northstar Fiero is his, then that could be a fun car.

BTW - I think he also joined the Widetrackers too. I remember us sending flowers to the funeral home and sending a card around at the meeting right after his death to send to his family. I know a few club memebers went to the funeral too.

I'm interested to see what Pontiac wall art he might have as well. Looks like she's home from her trip to Fla. Wait N see.

I would be all over this like a fat kid on a Smartie.

Drop a line I and I will come for moral support.

If you do that then I will get a RX7 FD and do that aswell. Not everything needs to be a LSx :D

i've seriously been thinking about getting a 2nd gen miata for this purpose for awhile now.

a 5th gen GA weigh's like 3100lbs and a miata weigh's around 2100lbs. my motor would be nice in that car.. everyone LS swaps a miata but no one 60*v6 swaps one..