Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Chaos's car hunt...

May as well tell you guys about my car hunt endeavors if you haven't been following my blog on FB.

A few weeks ago, I tried taking out a loan for a 2011 Hyundai Elantra Limited that was at my shop for sale only to have the credit union shoot me down.

I've adjusted my criteria for a vehicle to suit my needs. I need something reliable, bulletproof and still mod friendly. What am I looking for?

Hondas.

I know, you're going to whine and moan, but my Pontiac is about to fucking croak and I'm tired of it's shit. I'm specifically looking at 03-07 Accord Coupes with the K24 engine. After chatting with Sam about them and some of my other friends...it's something I really need in a car right now. Plus, I think they're sharp looking cars.

I went to see about a 2005 Accord EX Coupè yesterday, but somebody put a deposit down already on it. Not to be deterred, I found another 05 Coupè, but it's an EX-L w/ only 50K on it, asking $9.6K. Another dealer that can approve my not so good credit, going in tomorrow to ask.

Said Honda:

http://m.cars.com/m/for-sale/index.html#vdp?paID=114658347&year=2005&stkTyp=U&searchId=1510184200000000000000001366577837696&userId=1510184200000000000000001366577825204&mkNm=Honda&mdNm=Accord&zip=11727

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cute car. I have looked at those as a daily driver but the Honda dealer pissed me off here is Sarnia so I bought the Vibe.

The K24 engine in these is basically bulletproof. Great on gas but still makes nice power equal to the lame LA1 in my GA. I drive 40 miles round trip everyday because of my job, the lousy MPGs suck when I actually want to go somewhere else and I'm filling up every three to four days.

Yeah I hear the gas mileage thing. When I was looking at the Vibe my truck was a daily driver. 9.5-13 mpg at best. My savings in fuel was about half the car payment.

Yup. Sucks though...manuals were offered with the K24 powered coupes...but they're so hard to find. I did find one...but it was an 03, base model and it had 190,000 miles on it...asking $9K

Can u fukin not.

If you are willing to travel a bit look south to see what prices are in Tennessee and North Carolina

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Founders

WELP, the silence in here certainly shows me all of your approval. :lol:

I would say I approve of the car for your needs and situation but am disappoint :(

I can agree that Honda 4-bangers are the best. Domestic 4 cylinders never work for me, like my dads Equinox, damn thing always has a new quirk. The 3800 SIII in my GP and the 305 in the Phoenix are monsters though, haven't given me any problems.

I know you said mod friendly. How about a Subaru WRX? Lots of guys mod those. Not sure what your budget it for a car either. Baja Turbo maybe?

I know you said mod friendly. How about a Subaru WRX? Lots of guys mod those. Not sure what your budget it for a car either. Baja Turbo maybe?

I believe hes already pulled the trigger with this Honda