Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Bombing at the Boston Marathon

havoc1482

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2013/04/15/explosions-near-finish-of-boston-marathon/?hpt=hp_t1

130415170914-23-boston-marathon-explosioBH7kXKOCAAAm1Jx.png

06:51 PM ET

2 killed, more than 100 hurt in Boston Marathon bombing

• Two killed in bomb blasts near finish line of Boston Marathon, Boston police say. Area hospitals say at least 110 are injured.
  • Two explosions happened at about 2:50 p.m., more than two hours after the first of the race's nearly 27,000 runners had crossed the finish line.
  • Boston.com journalist reports "blood everywhere," people missing limbs.
  • Race called off; Red Cross and Google set up websites to help people find loved ones in the area
  • Check back here for updates; full story here; also, see CNN affiliates WBZ; WCVB; WHDH

[update, 6:51 p.m. ET]

At least 110 people have been injured in the bombings, according to Boston-area hospitals.

[update, 6:49 p.m. ET]

Boston cell phone services were overloaded in the wake of the blast, slowing the city's network dramatically and hampering the investigation in the early going, federal law enforcement officials told CNN.

Unconfirmed rumors began circulating on social media and elsewhere that law enforcement had shut down cell service to prevent more explosives from being detonated remotely. But mobile companies were saying that was never the case, CNN's Doug Gross reports.

"Verizon Wireless has not been asked by any government agency to turn down its wireless service," a spokesman for that company told CNN. "Any reports to that effect are inaccurate."

In other media reports, Sprint similarly denied being asked to shut down service.

On line, Bostonians were being encouraged to stay off of their mobile phones except for emergencies and even open up their wireless connections to help take the load off of the cellular data network.

"If you live or run a business in #Boston near bombsite pleae open your wifi for people to use," tweeted Disaster Tech Lab, an Irish nonprofit dedicated to providing technology to assist in emergency situations.

[update, 6:47 p.m. ET]

Initial tests indicate that the two bombs were small and possibly crude, with the tests not indicating any high-grade explosive material was used, a federal law enforcement official with knowledge of the investigation told CNN national security contributor and former homeland security adviser Fran Townsend.

The source said the FBI considers the incident a terrorist attack, "but they've made clear to me they do not know at this time whether those responsible for the attack were a foreign or domestic group," Townsend said.

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4x-VKqe4cvA

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Anyone that could even consider doing something like this is NOT human. As heartbreaking as this is, what really is pissin me right off is the F'in media posting the link on how to build your own bombs. WTF!!!!!!!!!!

As sad and tragic as this may be, the only thing I see happening as a result is the government using this as an excuse to further try and ban weapons and take away more privacy of citizens.

As of now we see that the work of finding them is going on; Our hearts go out to the victims of this horrendous thing.. That these kind of people give themselves permission to do this is beyond evil. We happen to have a small contingent of that family here in Canada too. Oh, joy.

I was on vacation in Boston Monday through Friday last week.. ha! I found it absolutely incredible how resilient and positive the people of Boston remained through everything, though. They have remained such selfless people through the whole fiasco. I was proud to be among them while they were coping with disaster, and it gave me profound respect for everyone in that area. There were so many helpful citizens from within the city and from the surrounding cities and states, it blew me away.

Additionally, it is an unbelievable thing to see an entire city on lockdown. I'm so thankful they caught him.

Tired of these Ads? Purchase Enhanced Membership today to remove them!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.