Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

New guy from Detroit MI

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Appears I'm not able to quote someone again and have the text transfer. Killerspeed, hope you can make the Dustoff in June or meet up with us for Woodward as well.

Appears I'm not able to quote someone again and have the text transfer. Killerspeed, hope you can make the Dustoff in June or meet up with us for Woodward as well.

When is the dustoff? if my car co-operates then i should be up for the dream cruise, Im only about 4 hours away from detroit

When is the dustoff? if my car co-operates then i should be up for the dream cruise, Im only about 4 hours away from detroit

The Michigan Widetracker's 25th annual Spring Dustoff Pontiac-Oakland-GMC car show will be on Saturday, June 8, 2013 at the Springfield Oaks County Park in Davisburg Michigan.

Here is the link to the information and registration flier: http://www.widetrackers.com/2013%20WT%20Dustoff.pdf

This looks like an interesting event on Woodward. I have parked at Memorial Park before during Woodward. Lots of great places to eat within walking distance for sure.

So what events are planned during this get together? Show and shine? Judging? Guest speaks or tech how-tos? Aftermarket vendors and swap meet area? The website I looked at was a little vague. It just gave hotel info. I see there will be a DJ at least.

This looks like an interesting event on Woodward. I have parked at Memorial Park before during Woodward. Lots of great places to eat within walking distance for sure.

So what events are planned during this get together? Show and shine? Judging? Guest speaks or tech how-tos? Aftermarket vendors and swap meet area? The website I looked at was a little vague. It just gave hotel info. I see there will be a DJ at least.

I have never been so I do not know what to expect in terms of entertainment and things to do. From the looks of it there will be a lot of people and cars here. .

I hope this show does well. W-bodies have always had some good styling. I am sucker for the Olds convertibles. Besides being a vert, I like the way the three light headlight arrangement looks and how the hood completes the look so well. I've often wondered what that head light set up would look like on an old 30s street rod.

Well their is 250+ w-bodys confirmed from all over the place, im sure they will be a good variety of all generations of the wbody, Also frosty since you've been there how are the roads? im planning on slamming the coilovers for it.

Expect some of the usual spring time pot hole patches but nothing too serious. Memorial Park is essentially surrounded on three sides by Woodward Ave (M-1), Coolidge Highway, and 13 Mile Road. These are major roads and should be in decent repair since they carry a lot of traffic. I would expect the neighborhood side streets like Edgar, Ravena, and Start to be in worse shape. I've always entered the park from Coolidge side. The spectator parking is also from the Coolidge side as well.

Give yourself enough room on the coil overs for a typical city street, that's my recommendation. You can tighten them down the coil overs if you are going up and down Woodward only or the expressways.

I plan on putting coil overs on my Cutlass convertible for this show. The roads over that way aren't that bad at all. Typically spring type pot holes and such. Woodward is a major throughfare and it kept up very nice.

I hope this show does well. W-bodies have always had some good styling. I am sucker for the Olds convertibles. Besides being a vert, I like the way the three light headlight arrangement looks and how the hood completes the look so well. I've often wondered what that head light set up would look like on an old 30s street rod.

Looks like a lot of people from all over will be atteding this meet. I really like the convertibles as well. Not a lot of them made and not a lot left. Makes for finding convertible specific parts hard. I have managed and made a lot of the stuff myself from over convertibles. Like J and F body parts I have found.

Speaking of witch. I had a semi nice day last week and drop the top for a bit and road around the neighbor hood.

E447CA61-1869-4258-846F-5F4D69CA27DE-887

Expect some of the usual spring time pot hole patches but nothing too serious. Memorial Park is essentially surrounded on three sides by Woodward Ave (M-1), Coolidge Highway, and 13 Mile Road. These are major roads and should be in decent repair since they carry a lot of traffic. I would expect the neighborhood side streets like Edgar, Ravena, and Start to be in worse shape. I've always entered the park from Coolidge side. The spectator parking is also from the Coolidge side as well.

Give yourself enough room on the coil overs for a typical city street, that's my recommendation. You can tighten them down the coil overs if you are going up and down Woodward only or the expressways.

Maybe i will just lower the rear then, I only have about 3 inchs between my subframe and the ground as it is now.

Speaking of witch. I had a semi nice day last week and drop the top for a bit and road around the neighbor hood.

E447CA61-1869-4258-846F-5F4D69CA27DE-887

We're still waiting for the first semi-nice day. We have not had a day much over 50 yet. Winter keeps trying to hang on here. Sadly, the first local spring cruise is next Saturday too. I am afraid it might be a wash out. Weather forecast says our first 60 degree day will be Tuesday - with rain.

• 4 months later...

Hey Guys, I'm new to this Pontiac club. I'm also from Detroit, Michigan. I love the old-school Pontiac Grand Prix! Keep it lookin' good!

Make an introduction thread and actually introduce yourself to the other members. ;)