Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

What is/are the best road(s) you've driven your Pontiac on?

• 7 months later...

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only really flogged my 03 GAGT on this particular backroad nearby my house. Lots of technical twisty bits, I need to take the Accord out there before I take the ROHs off for winter.

I-90 between Westfield MA and the New York border is absolutely beautiful. No exits for miles through the mountain valleys.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

US 129 ! 318 turns 11 miles! 06 GTO :naughty:

Also Presque Isle state Park Erie Pa.

Letchworth state park. Have been here as well but never in GTO unfortunately.

US 129!!! This road has eaten its share of my tires.. I think i lost 25% of them in about an hour n a half.. :naughty:

IMG_5868_zps5347428e.jpg
IMG_5839_zps2a57e3aa.jpg

i was mostly joking but yes and no. not in the traditional sense. a friend lives out near the fields. and when it rains, drift it till you reach the street. :D car usually gets home half brown. im still finding clumps of dirt.

Yes.. there is such a thing as offroading in a G6.. please read the following sign and the resultant pictures... :lol:

IMG_1888_2_zps8d8ba6a9.jpgroadwide4_zps26de7c6f.jpg

IMG_1898_zpsf70815eb.jpg

nice pics. where were these for our calendar? and that road doesnt look too bad but probably gets worse, right?

i missed the calendar deadline here... i have quite a few more worthy of the calendar.. the road was better than some driveways ive been down.. but... it was 8 miles long.. and at the end i found some muddy jeeps and i made them drop jaws when i left clean lol..

it then emptied onto US 129.. and i wore out my tires!!

• 1 month later...

Although I had a few small, hot cars, like my Audi, which were a blast, I always enjoyed the fun of big cars over winding mountain roads and passes in good weather. Mostly I-90 through North Idaho and the small highways and back roads around my grandparents' place. Three cars stood out there: my friends '80 Trans Am, my '65 Impala wagon, and an 80 something Buick Park Avenue. Although it had started life as a diesel V8, sometime before my grandparents bought it, it had been converted to gasoline. The former owners engine of choice: a small block Pontiac 400. The new Montana won't see it, as we don't have that kind of terrain close in Southern Ontario. Which is a shame for me(as I miss that kind of driving), but good for my wife. I doubt she would ride with me if I drove the way I used to when it was just me and my buddies in the car!

Oh man, this is the hardest one ever!

- Mulholland in California is great! (Even after the accident...)

- Route 66 from the high desert of Cali to Vegas was fun, though I was in the Benz then...

- I drove from California to Minnesota, once in the G6 and once in the old GTO.

- Driving from California to North Carolina was fun as well (in a Rental, the wife drove the G8).

:lol: I love driving ANYWHERE in my Pontiac(s)!

I love driving ANYWHERE in my Pontiac(s)!

I love driving anywhere, in anything, but I do love the Pontiac over the old Caravan. My wife often accuses me of "inventing" reasons to go out. Then again, she's not a driver, so doesn't see that what is an unnecessary trip in her eyes, is necessary for me. I am sure I share this trait with most driving enthusiasts, but sometimes a certain boredom or restlessness set in and the only balm for it is a drive, however small.

• 2 weeks later...

I love driving anywhere, in anything, but I do love the Pontiac over the old Caravan. My wife often accuses me of "inventing" reasons to go out. Then again, she's not a driver, so doesn't see that what is an unnecessary trip in her eyes, is necessary for me. I am sure I share this trait with most driving enthusiasts, but sometimes a certain boredom or restlessness set in and the only balm for it is a drive, however small.

I know this feeling. I took my GP out at midnight for an hour cruise up Route 20 here in Massachusetts. Just felt good to listen to some music and have the road to yourself.

Oh man, this is the hardest one ever!

- Mulholland in California is great! (Even after the accident...)

- Route 66 from the high desert of Cali to Vegas was fun, though I was in the Benz then...

- I drove from California to Minnesota, once in the G6 and once in the old GTO.

- Driving from California to North Carolina was fun as well (in a Rental, the wife drove the G8).

:lol: I love driving ANYWHERE in my Pontiac(s)!

I hate being a geographic kill joy and/or perfectionist, but Route 66 doesn't go into Vegas. I've driven most of Historic Route 66 from Williams AZ to Needles CA. You have to take either US-95 from Needles to Vegas or US-93 between Vegas and Kingman AZ (over Hoover Dam) in order to pick up Route 66. I grant you, it is still great driving.

I will add that driving around Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge TN and Great Smoky Mountain National Park area are great places to drive. Lots of car shows in the area through out the summer as well. Floyd Garrett's Muscle Car Museum in nearby Sevierville TN is a must see for any car guy. Taking US-441 into North Carolina and cross the continental divide is great. Lots of twists and turns, but you definitely can not open it up.

The Blue Ridge Parkway is another scenic drive I would recommend to anyone who is in that is that part of Appalachia.

Drive on the hard packed beaches of Daytona Florida. Again, 15 mph is the speed limit there, but since nearby Ormund Beach was the inspiration for much land speed and NASCAR racing, it seems only fitting to add this to the list. Daytona International Speedway is another car guy must see stop too.

• Founders

I will add that driving around Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge TN and Great Smoky Mountain National Park area are great places to drive. Lots of car shows in the area through out the summer as well. Floyd Garrett's Muscle Car Museum in nearby Sevierville TN is a must see for any car guy. Taking US-441 into North Carolina and cross the continental divide is great. Lots of twists and turns, but you definitely can not open it up.

The Blue Ridge Parkway is another scenic drive I would recommend to anyone who is in that is that part of Appalachia.

Drive on the hard packed beaches of Daytona Florida. Again, 15 mph is the speed limit there, but since nearby Ormund Beach was the inspiration for much land speed and NASCAR racing, it seems only fitting to it this to the list. Daytonia International Speedway is another car guy must see stop too.

I've had the honor of driving both on the beach and on the speedway. Friend used to live 5 min from the speedway. Never went to a race though, NASCAR really isn't my thing to just sit and watch.

Just felt good to listen to some music and have the road to yourself.

I always loved late night road trips for just that reason. Especially long, empty straight stretches where you reasonably put your foot in it a bit and just hear music, engine, and the tires on the road.

NASCAR really isn't my thing to just sit and watch.

For that, I think the pain of Brazilian wax job is just too good for you. I think Chaos and notallthere could come up more suitable punishments for such heretic comments like that!!! :mod:

Shame! Shame! Shame Ringo !!!!! :lol2:

• Founders

For that, I think the pain of Brazilian wax job is just too good for you. I think Chaos and notallthere could come up more suitable punishments for such heretic comments like that!!! :mod:

Shame! Shame! Shame Ringo !!!!! :lol2:

:lol: I like F1, Grand Prix and so on, for some reason NASCAR just isn't on the top of my list to sit and watch. If I got free tickets I would definitely go but haven't thus far :D