Forums Gone... but not forgotten!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Welcome to Forever Pontiac

Welcome to Forever Pontiac, full of great ideas for Pontiac performance, maintenance, or for peer-to-peer assistance from Professional and DIY mechanics. Also, compete in our Pontiac monthly competitions. Please register if you'd like to take part.

Sign in to follow this  
Bruce2799

Hello from near Pontiac

Just stumbled across this forum. Grew up near PMD headquarters in Pontiac, Mich. in a family that owned and loved Pontiacs as far back as the 1940s. My dad was an early proponent of the "buy local" philosophy, reasoning that a thriving manufacturing base aided the entire community. I've had a 1969 LeMans 2-dr hardtop since it was new and purchased a 1950 8-cyl, 4-door wagon about two years ago. Both are drivable but need restoration. Our "daily drivers" are a 1997 and a 2000 Bonneville which both still perform flawlessly. I look forward to learning alot here and contributing when I can, although my mechanical skills border on the inept. Thanks!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Hiya!

:PICS:

Welcome to the site. Another Pontiac guy here. Forever a CHIEF, even though the schools closed.

Welcome to FP Bruce. I live between Flint and Lapeer, but I used to work in Pontiac at the old PMD complex once it became GM Powertrain.

Welcome to the forums!

We've helped a lot of people that aren't mechanically inclined around here, just ask anything that you want to know.

:welcomeFP:

Welcome, maybe some of us need to do a short road trip to check the fleet out. But good news NPD has parts for the Lemans now.

More classics!!!! Welcome!!!

Any chance you are going to the Detroit Autorama this weekend? Perhaps it is a chance to meet a few of us local FP guys.

welcome to FP!

welcome to Great site :indian:

Thanks for the welcomes. And yes, I hope to attend Detroit Autorama Saturday or Sunday. Are you guys going to be somewhere there at a specific site or time?

I was originally planning on Saturday but it looks like I am switching to Friday so I can take the kid to baseball practice. I think notallthere and his wife will be there on Friday as well. JUSTA6 and Indymanjoe might be there on Saturday.

Welcome to the forum, Bruce! I still have a pinup of the '87 Bonne on my shop cupboard door.. Sad to see so many of them at the autowreckers these days.. Saw a complete '02 SSE a month ago- all there. And me without my Visa..

Guys- have fun at the Autorama Shoo!