Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

We heard you liked Pontiacs

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

That's nice to see, since I've seen Pontiac dogged in like 3 shows this week, Tanner knocked a T/A on Top Gear last night, heard them knocked on Fast and Loud I think, and maybe Wheeler Dealers had a line not so complimentary of Pontiac.

Leave it to me, a cubs and chiefs fan to like a car brand that is the butt of jokes lol... dammit.

• Founders

Speaking of Top Gear, where Tanner tested the Veyron is not far from me, they actually drove through my town to get there, I saw the Top Gear truck on my way to work.

Also where Rut was driving it was actually in a mix of downtown St. Pete and Tampa. Both places were flashbacks for me when I was attending USF!

I love that show, and Rut is an awesome dude! He's really cool on twitter, he does fonecall friday, you tweet your phone number, he just starts dialing as many as he can while he has downtime. That guy is really awesome!

• Founders

Yeah, Rut is a cool guy. I added him on Facebook and he shares and comments on a lot of interesting, funny and car related things. I'll have to add him on twitter then!

• Founders

If it was someone other than Rut then I would be skeptical but he seems to be a very down to earth "celebrity". He original day job is a sort of journalist/interactive fan guy for NASCAR so I think he brings that over. He's definitely my favorite on Top Gear because he is a true gearhead plus the only one who is really "true" presenter like UK Top Gear, he's not some washed-up actor that "likes" cars like Adam or a race/stunt car driver like Tanner. BTW I like Tanner, he is good as a presenter but isn't it against Top Gear rules to be a professional driver and a TG presenter? Thought that's why they had the Stig who never speaks :lol:

I like the original version of Top Gear plenty, these guys are ok, Adam is decent about twitter also, Tanner has some skill, no doubt about it, but he doesn't strike me as the type I'd be able to hang out with for months, Rut and Adam, oh yea, I could hang with them guys!

Yes Chaos, generally on Fridays, but he has done it just random days, Rut will tweet that he's doing it, then later he'll tweet that it's time for you to give up your number, and he starts making calls. If you don't answer he'll leave you a message. Idk that I wouldn't want the proof he called vs actually talking tho really. that camaro I nabbed, I twittered it and Rut replied about how they're fun to go get in trouble with and such, asked if i was going to do anything to it, he will banter back and forth, ran into him at Indy the last year I went, and he looks so exactly like he does on tv lol Usually they don't ya know, like I had no idea Mark Martin was a midget almost lol

• 2 weeks later...

Would have been better if it was: "Here's a picture of a Pontiac, with a Pontiac, from a Pontiac, in Pontiac, MI." ;)

Gotcha covered + some....Pic of PONTIAC's with PONTIAC FANatic's from a PONTIAC in Pontiac MICH! WHEW

CopyofGto12058-1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

with notallthere in a bikini holding a sign saying "wash me"

wait.... wat?

Its not whether or not that I would. Its who would be bold enough to take the picture.

Its not whether or not that I would. Its who would be bold enough to take the picture.

:blink:oh hell no!!! im not checking in here any more. :lol:

I suspect the police might arrest you for indecent exposure. The camera prove over exposure. I would have to take photo blindfolded. You would need to use a crap load of Epiladies first.

on pontiac trail....LOL

Nice touch but does Pontiac Trail even go through Pontiac? I don't think it does. I think it hits all the major suburbs instead, including, ironically "Plymouth"!

Next to a statue of Chief Pontiac

Sadly, there are no statues of Chief Pontiac in Pontiac, MI. The best there is an Indian head logo on the "Welcome to Pontiac" sign when you enter Pontiac from the south end of Woodward Ave heading north. There is a obelisk at the southern tip of Woodward/Widetrack Blvd loop that marks the northern end of Woodward that has an Indian figure (which one can interpret to be Chief Pontiac I suppose), but there is no statue.

100_0795_zpsb5cff758.jpg

100_0797_zps8f5495e7.jpg

What happened to the statue in front of city hall? Maybe I'm mistaken. Chief Pontiac CU had one at the old location on Joslyn. Would love to have the one from the old central HS. Was sent on a rescue mission to Northern to retrieve the Chief after he was abducted my senior year. LOL

I have never seen one in front of city hall. I could be wrong though. I've never seen a statue on Joslyn either. Of course, I worked there from 1998-2007 too. That's too recent I imagine.