Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

2014 Chevrolet SS: Performance Sedan with Racing DNA

6 Shooter

2014-Chevrolet-SS-004.jpg

DAYTONA, Fla. As Chevrolets first V-8, rear-wheel-drive performance sedan since 1996, the new Chevrolet SS is designed to deliver performance on the street and on the track. The 2014 Chevrolet SS will debut this weekend at the Daytona International Speedway as the SS racecar makes its NASCAR debut during the Daytona 500.

The Chevrolet brand was largely built on the strength of rear-drive performance sedans, yet it's been 17 years since we've offered one, said Mark Reuss, president of General Motors North America. The all-new Chevrolet SS fills that void and fills it better than any other vehicle in the brands rich history. The comfort, convenience, spaciousness and V-8 power make the SS a total performance package unlike any other on the road today.

The Chevrolet SS benefits from the proven, race-tested, global rear-wheel drive architecture that is the foundation for the Camaro, Caprice Police Patrol Vehicle and Holdens VF Commodore.

The Chevrolet SS is powered by the LS3 Chevrolet V-8, expected to deliver 415 horsepower and 415 lb-ft of torque. Also used in the 2013 Chevrolet Corvette, the LS3 displaces 6.2 liters, more than the 5.5-liter V-8 powering the Chevrolet SS NASCAR competitors.

The LS3 is married to a six-speed automatic transmission, which can be shifted manually using TAPshift paddles mounted on the steering wheel. With an aggressive 3.27 final-drive ratio, the Chevrolet SS accelerates from 0 to 60 mph in about five seconds making it one of the quickest sedans on the market.

www.mediagm.com

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it but yea price needs to be reasonable. $38k low $40k ish???? Something tells me it will be more......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see base prices starting at $29K and betting the average price will be around $36K nicely optioned.

Still, it's another Aussie car, expect replacement parts (mainly cosmetic) to be pricey.

If it's going to start at less than $30, I'm getting one as soon as it comes out. Not kidding.

and returning it too?

I guess my hopes were too high. Im grossed out with this. With such a "higher" maybe you could say special name I would have expected this to be way better none the less offered with a manual for those gearheads.. Don't you dare pull out stats about 95% autos i.d.g.a.f. people still want their manual gear selector rod and ball.

' timestamp='1361461168' post='79315']Hmm. The Holden seems more stylish...

You only think that because you get a huge hard-on for Holden

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2