Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

I'm back with a WS6.

Well I just got back and boy was that an interesting trip. It's always something.

So I get to the shop and the first thing I notice is that the wheels aren't OEM wheels like I was told. We had taken out the two 19" rear wheels. Here is how it went:

Me: These aren't OEM wheels.
Him: Yes they are.
Me: No they aren't. The center caps don't have the corvette symbol on them and the wheels aren't stamped with a GM on the inside of the spoke.
Him: Yes they are, you can compare them.
Me: Those are OEM STYLE wheels. Not OEM wheels. I don't think I want these. I drove almost 2 hours to pick these because they were OEM wheels.
Him: Well you can make me an offer.
Me: I'll give you $300. Due to these being one OEM wheels I don't know if the maker of these got the bolt patter correct and I don't know the quality. (He tried a few time to get the price up, I told him no and I would pay more that $300)
Him: Okay $300.

We grab all 4 wheels and move to them to the car. I pay the man and head home. So I put them in the dining room and notice all four wheels are the exact same size. They are 11" wide for all 4 and each wheels measure 18.5" with the inner hoop. Very interesting. It's been a very interesting deal. I'm concerned with putting an 11" on the front. I could honestly care less if they are remake wheels, I'll just get OEM center caps.

EcE8BcA.png
ssvxRYP.png

• 2 weeks later...

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Buying the extended brake lines tomorrow. Also, still doing research on suspension components. I know I'll be getting adjustable LCA's and adjustable panhard bar. Not sure to go with a single or double panhard. Also bolt in subframe connectors. Hope to have an update soon.

I need to. But I don't have many good pics of my car and I don't have good editing skills. I'll get one done after I take some good pics when I get some upgrades done.

I'm pretty sure there is a thread like that. Again, not enough good pics lol. I'm pretty sure of what I want for suspension, I want it to handle like its on rails. Just need to do some more research before I make a few purchases. As long as the car has brakes/wheels and hopefully lowered by May, I'm happy.

Edit: Sweet thank you sir.

• 2 weeks later...

truck looks nice.. looks like a tight fit in the garage.. is there a door behind the TA too or is the one behind the dodge the only one. from the pic it looks like it's right against the wall..

what did the dodge end up running you. anything planned for it or you just gonna run as is for awhile.

There is only one door, so i have switched the parking situation so I have room to open the door. And the other stall is 8" longer than the other. So I'll have a bit more room to park.

After my rebates, trade in, and my work discount, I drove off for 26k. 12k below the origial window sticker.

As far as mods go, I have a few things I know I will do.

HID's (Low beams and fogs)

Bed cover

Probably tint the windows a bit darker

Possibly add a K&N intake. I heard they make a decent difference, but I'll be looking into that.

nice. saw the gear selector knob so i'm guessing it's a rather new truck. read awhile back that they ditched the column lever in favor of the dash mounted knob..

bed covers are nice..looking at the bumper it has the factory exhaust which from what i heard from my neighbor it sounds decent stock.

It does have a good sound to the truck. I like the stock tone and is enough to make me happy and not have to buy aftermarket.

The truck is brand new. The truck left the lot with 3 miles on it.

SWi6Iy7.png

I spent the few extra bucks on the Royal Purple, bought a new K&N drop in, and installed a SLP skip shift adapter that I forgot I had. The car is completely different and is a world of difference. Excellent money spent today.

Such LS1

Much torque

Wow

And I thought I was lazy for not pulling the motor to change the oil. This lazy bastard can't even make his own meme.

haha.