Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

I'm back with a WS6.

• Founders

I do actually, I still don't see much lol

Seems a lot of forums are dead these days. Usually I see lots of builds during winter, but only a few on all of my forums. I think everyone is now on facebook groups.

I've only really frequented 2 forums at one time, usually mine then whatever else I'm into at the time. Right now its obviously FP and then Camaro5. Obviously activity wise C5 blows FP out of the water but I think we still have a healthy amount of members, never really went down in activity too badly. The weekdays are more active than weekends as people are usually at work/school looking for something to do, as opposed to the weekend where people are out with their cars. Our FB page is growing and I keep trying to grab people to get over here with contests and the alike so we're slowly growing.

Can start inviting people to FP and help us out ;)

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I'm only on them for parts that are forsale. But even then, my wall gets blown up and I get 100 notifications a day.

Shit today alone I have over 1,000 notifications from one thread on a honda group. 1,000 FORDing notifications of bantering and retardation. You are completely correct by calling it the death of forums.

I'm only on them for parts that are forsale. But even then, my wall gets blown up and I get 100 notifications a day.

Shit today alone I have over 1,000 notifications from one thread on a honda group. 1,000 FORDing notifications of bantering and retardation. You are completely correct by calling it the death of forums.

That would instantly turn me off from a forum if people went off topic that bad to cause 1000 notifications. I'd get lost in the posts.

People are lazy, the notification system alone is why people use FB. Put them on your typical forum setup and they'll bitch and moan about finding the right sections, keeping up with threads, remembering what topics they posted in...

I'm in a few Honda and F/S & F/T wheel groups...the level of sheer stupidity is astounding sometimes. It's like, people have no grasp on the English language.

• Founders

People are lazy, the notification system alone is why people use FB. Put them on your typical forum setup and they'll bitch and moan about finding the right sections, keeping up with threads, remembering what topics they posted in...

The crazy thing is every forum system out there has a better way to manage what you're posting in, what you want to watch, who quoted you, etc... (we have a built in notification system by far better than FB), I hate FB for that. Not going too far but I also hate how all software now is getting limited by the settings you can use to control it and people LIKE THAT. It dumbfounds me how there are systems like our forum software which lets you do crazy things with alerts and people complain, then want something like FB where its either off or on (then complain again). The groups I'm in I turn off notification because half the people I couldn't care what they are talking about and by the time I read it, its old garbage. Forums to me are just by far more sophisticated and nice to have, rather than FB and going "Where did that post go about that guy selling headers?"

Could just be I'm an Engineer and just like things organized and FB as a replacement for a forum is just chaoticly stupid.

I'm in a few Honda and F/S & F/T wheel groups...the level of sheer stupidity is astounding sometimes. It's like, people have no grasp on the English language.

that's because it's a honda group. honda's bring out the shallow end of the gene pool with these online things.

Well I put some new speakers and amp in the car because I was tired of only listening to 2 tweeters in the car. So the stereo sounds nice.

The car will be going to the shop for tint, probably next weekend.

I've also found a guy with a set of wheels that I want. It's a commercial phone number so I didn't get a hold of them over the weekend. Will be calling on my lunch break and hopefully able to meet up and buy the wheels.

Finally I've begun to narrow down my parts list for the brake swap. Still undecided on using the 4 or 6 piston calipers.

So there is an update for now.

True, but I want those massive yellow calipers against my black paint to make it POP. I need to find a place to completely detail my paint. It's swirled to hell.

Just got off the phone with a dealer for a set of,

Front: 18X8.5/+56

Rear: 19X10/+79

I'll have to run a 15mm spacer all around for the front wheels to clear the calipers and the rear for rear tire clearance.

Chaos you work with tires, hook a niqqa up?

Just got off the phone with a dealer for a set of,

Front: 18X8.5/+56

Rear: 19X10/+79

I'll have to run a 15mm spacer all around for the front wheels to clear the calipers and the rear for rear tire clearance.

Chaos you work with tires, hook a niqqa up?

Give my shop a call, 631-957-3901. Ask for Joe, that's a crazy setup, but he knows how to pull off aggressive wheels on Corvettes and 4th gen F-bodies.

We have tires that would work, probably a good set of Vredestiens or Toyos, but I'd have no idea what size with that offset an spacer combo. Joe would figure that out real good.

Good times to call are between 11am-5pm EST. prices aren't rock bottom with Auto Trend, but he can really help you out with that setup.

So my buddy here has agreed to help me put the brakes on. So the brakes lines necessary for the calipers will be ordered this weekend and the wheels/tires and brakes will be shown as a whole. So you boys have to wait ;)

So my buddy here has agreed to help me put the brakes on. So the brakes lines necessary for the calipers will be ordered this weekend and the wheels/tires and brakes will be shown as a whole. So you boys have to wait ;)

ugh.If I can get my hands on kyle's wedssports I will source out GXP rears as I already have GXP fronts. omg just drooling thinking about being able to do so

ahh. :willy_nilly:

ugh.If I can get my hands on kyle's wedssports I will source out GXP rears as I already have GXP fronts. omg just drooling thinking about being able to do so

Those wheels are so legit. They'd look rad on a lowered Grand Am.