Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

I'm back with a WS6.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Some of you may or may not know, the driver side headgasket is seeping coolant when the system is under pressure. The dealership here wanted a lot of money to fix the car. Money that I wasn't willing to spend.

So I was introduced to an LSx guru here in my town and got a hold of him. Took the car to him and he confirmed the problem. Told me that he would be willing to do the work for a very low price. Also gave me a few ideas for the car. So while tossing around idea, he hooked up the computer to take a look at my tune and found out a few things about my car. And about the bazaar tune that is currently on the car. So here is the plan.

SLP lid

LS6 intake manifold

Finally install my SLP skip shift

Repair my exhaust leak

Plugs

Wires

And obviously fixing the head gasket problem.

Tune

We could have just set the fans to come on at 190 degrees to prevent the leaking, but I would rather it fixed properly. I also looked into LS6 heads. I found a good pair, but they would require me running a decent sized cam. Again, money I'm not really wanting to spend right now. So this list stays the same. Here are a few pictures that I snapped while Brad looked at the car.

3gwVSwI.jpg

QkloJZk.jpg

xP3T8Ri.jpg

It's fucking awesome having a car that has such a supportive group of enthusiasts.

Now, I wonder if the 7th gen Accord guys are this chill. Still need to find a damn forum for my car THAT ISN'T DEAD.

Honda-Tech is useful, but they may as well call it Civic/Integra-Tech since that's what everyone seems to show interest and help out for.

It's FORDing awesome having a car that has such a supportive group of enthusiasts.

Really is awesome. The support in the 80's turbo dodge's is amazing as well. I was astonished at the support and the lengths people go.

Trying to save some cash by picking up used parts on ls1tech is challenge because all the parts go so quickly. Hopefully I can keep finding things locally.

zPIcQzj.jpg

M3wG8L1.jpg

I will take the mothers powerball to these after the gasket is fixed. I don't like the way these look what so ever.
s2lXzFJ.jpg
5gxEgdM.jpg
aArmtZs.jpg

That car is lowered. It makes me want to lower my car. But I won't lie, every time I see the car, it makes me smile just the way she is. And she already scrapes enough when I'm careful in this town. I'm thinking about storing the car in my parents garage this coming winter. If I do, she won't make it into my driveway lol.

When it comes to wheels/lowering/heads/cam/etc.....If I find a good price and funds are there, I might pull the trigger on something big. I still want to get her 100% functional and all the little things (like seat belt guide) are important to me the most.

They are replicas. I would prefer replicas since they sit very well with no need for a spacer, and tires would be just a little cheaper lol.