Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Winter Storm Nemo is now poised to become the latest example of a powerful, potentially historic, February storm.

havoc1482

Intensifying low pressure will track toward off the Northeast coast near the so-called "40/70 benchmark" late Friday into Saturday, the 40 degrees north latitude, 70 degrees west longitude position where most major East Coast snowstorms are observed to pass over.

The heaviest snow totals by early Sunday morning are expected in New England from coastal Maine to Connecticut, as well as the Adirondacks of Upstate New York, where over one foot of snow is expected! Some locations, particularly in coastal New England, may top two feet of storm total snow! The following cities are in the threat for at least one foot of snow:

669723_320x180.jpg

Remembering 1978 Blizzard

This has the potential to be a top 10 snowstorm all-time in Boston!

According to the National Weather Service in Taunton, Mass., in records dating to 1892, there have been only six snowstorms of 20 inches or more in Boston, topped by the Feb. 17-18, 2003 snowstorm (27.5") and the infamous "Blizzard of '78" (Feb. 6-7; 27.1").

A snow total of 18.2" or more would place it in the top 10 list all-time.

(MORE: Notorious February East Coast snowstorms)

map_specnews12_ltst_4namus_enus_320x180.

NYC Area Forecast

Heavy snow in excess of six inches is also possible from northern New Jersey and northeast Pennsylvania into western New York and central Lower Michigan, including the following cities:

Amounts generally less than six inches are expected a bit farther south and west, including Philadelphia, Detroit, Chicago, and Milwaukee.

Snow Timeline

map_specnews09_ltst_4namus_enus_320x180.

Friday's Forecast

map_specnews23_ltst_4namus_enus_320x180.

Friday Night's Forecast

map_specnews24_ltst_4namus_enus_320x180.

Saturday's Forecast

Thursday: Light to moderate snow will spread through the western Great Lakes, includingMilwaukee, Chicago and Grand Rapids, Mich.Some patchy freezing rain and sleet is possible on the southern edge of the snow shield. (Midwest winter alerts)

Thursday night: Snow ends in eastern Wisconsin/northeast Illinois, continues in Lower Michigan and spreads into the eastern Great Lakes, Upstate New York, parts of New England and begins as far south as the Tri-State region around New York City.

Friday: Snow begins in the morning in southern New England, including Boston and Hartford. Snow ends in Lower Michigan after morning rush. Snow continues, heavy at times, over New York state, far northern/northeast Pennsylvania and most of New England through the day. Changeover to rain expected along southern New England coast, Long Island, NYC area by afternoon.

Friday night: Heavy snow over much of New England, Upstate New York, as far south as the Lower Hudson Valley. Snowfall rates of 2-3" per hour are possible in coastal New England, including Boston, Hartford, and Portland, Maine. Areas of stubborn rain along the southeast New England coast may crash over to heavy snow overnight.

Saturday: Heavy, wind-driven snow continues in New England much of the day, particularly along the eastern coast. Snow ends in the morning around New York City. Snow finally tapers off in Boston Saturday evening, and pulls off Downeast Maine after midnight Sunday morning.

Sauce: http://www.weather.com/news/weather-winter/winter-storm-nemo-20130206

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

its not 3ft now?

I'm guessing the Northeast is going to find Nemo? :lol:

ha!

sno-hotrod2.jpg

badass!

What don't you have JUSTA6? :lol:

^^^ that. can we come and visit? :D

Missing...HALF THE HAIR ON TOP OF MY HEAD. LMAO Wish the T bucket was mine!

:lol:

My town got nailed with +30 inches of snow, plows have yet to come to my neighborhood.

Yeah, I mad.

sounds like you got the same amounts my area got. they did a real shitty job plowing in this town, lost like a foot of actual road lane and there is no breakdown lane anymore.

Tired of these Ads? Purchase Enhanced Membership today to remove them!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.