Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Subwoofer Setup

Guest GA_Girl2002

Guest GA_Girl2002

This weekend i'm finishing up my system & planned on going with one 12" Alpine Type R w/ an Alpine 500w Class D Amp, with a ported box, but after all is done, it's going to cost quite a bit of $$$

A friend has two MTX 12"s w/ a 250w Amp hooked up with them & they sound pretty good, but not sure how well this brand is?

or was also told to go with two Sony Xplod 12"s, but not sure how well those would sound either.

any ideas?

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Mtx is cool... NOT the BEST but cool... speakers not so much (excluding the Top of the line ones) amps are good...

Sony.... meh...

In this situation I'd go with the Mtx's... depending on how much your friend want's.

Guest GA_Girl2002

hm, i love matts type r though, it sounds awsome but all together its going to be about 500$ not including installing.

what do you mean how much my friend wants?

lol. & @ best buy they've got 2 12" MTX's preloaded in a box with the 250 amp also for 300$

either Alpine or MTX im going with.

hm, i love matts type r though, it sounds awsome but all together its going to be about 500$ not including installing.

what do you mean how much my friend wants?

lol. & @ best buy they've got 2 12" MTX's preloaded in a box with the 250 amp also for 300$

either Alpine or MTX im going with.

LOL.. I thought your friend was selling you the MTX system...

meh... best buy... check out the RF system they have there... like the P3's with boxes..

I'm kinda lucky to live within driving distance to LA... there I bought My WHOLE system for 500 and installed it myself... I just want to add subs amp and an epicenter... and just use my stocker HU on the 6.

Guest GA_Girl2002

Nope, my friend has the same system i want & i can get it all for 300$

his does sound really good, but i like the Type R a lot better.

eh, i havn't heard very good things about the RF's

i would really recommend the alpine type r's if you have the money to spend. they have great quality. i ran 1 type r 12" with a 400w @ 1ohm amp and holy crap! that was really crisp and shook some windows at my mothers house. MTX's are great subs too but depending on which ones you get. the older ones are good but models would help so we can definitely make sure they are good subs.

I had two Type R 10s in my car way back before I got the huge system, and it was really, really loud and had a clean sound to it! I'd say if you can afford it, get the Type R, and if you can, get another one in a properly ported box for it :D Trust me, you won't regret it!

I had two Type R 10s in my car way back before I got the huge system, and it was really, really loud and had a clean sound to it! I'd say if you can afford it, get the Type R, and if you can, get another one in a properly ported box for it ;) Trust me, you won't regret it!

B)

Guest GA_Girl2002

yep, the MTX was basically being sold as a kit it was two MTX 12's the Terminators with that box & just a 250w amp. I just wnet ahead & bought the one 12 Type R w. a ported box & the 500w class d amp :)

should be done by next weekend- & yes its pretty much matts system, i just dont have the headunit he does, but i love his so ik ill love mine.

yep, the MTX was basically being sold as a kit it was two MTX 12's the Terminators with that box & just a 250w amp. I just wnet ahead & bought the one 12 Type R w. a ported box & the 500w class d amp :)

should be done by next weekend- & yes its pretty much matts system, i just dont have the headunit he does, but i love his so ik ill love mine.

awesome! can't wait to see pix of the completion!