Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

58Bonne's 1958 Bonneville

2019 June
of the Month

• Welcome to Forever Pontiac

We are a community of Pontiac enthusiasts. The purpose of our community is to keep alive the Pontiac spirit by sharing (or showing off) our cars, discussing Pontiac, helping each other work on our cars and find information, plus attend various meets/shows/etc... To aid discussion, sharing, event planning and selling of parts/cars/anything, we have various parts of the website to aid this from Forums to an online Garage to Classifieds to even a Document Download Repository. You can find links to these in our navigation above based on what each section helps with (discussion, local events, learning, etc...).

We invite you to contribute, find help or just view some of our member's amazing cars! Don't forget, we also have great contests from time to time (like our Pontiac of the Month and yearly calendar contest) and our Pontiac This OR That, a fun game where you choose the best of two randomly selected Pontiacs from our online garage.

We look forward to seeing you around!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest GA_Girl2002

Subwoofer Setup

Guest GA_Girl2002

This weekend i'm finishing up my system & planned on going with one 12" Alpine Type R w/ an Alpine 500w Class D Amp, with a ported box, but after all is done, it's going to cost quite a bit of $$$

A friend has two MTX 12"s w/ a 250w Amp hooked up with them & they sound pretty good, but not sure how well this brand is?

or was also told to go with two Sony Xplod 12"s, but not sure how well those would sound either.

any ideas?

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Mtx is cool... NOT the BEST but cool... speakers not so much (excluding the Top of the line ones) amps are good...

Sony.... meh...

In this situation I'd go with the Mtx's... depending on how much your friend want's.

Guest GA_Girl2002

hm, i love matts type r though, it sounds awsome but all together its going to be about 500$ not including installing.

what do you mean how much my friend wants?

lol. & @ best buy they've got 2 12" MTX's preloaded in a box with the 250 amp also for 300$

either Alpine or MTX im going with.

hm, i love matts type r though, it sounds awsome but all together its going to be about 500$ not including installing.

what do you mean how much my friend wants?

lol. & @ best buy they've got 2 12" MTX's preloaded in a box with the 250 amp also for 300$

either Alpine or MTX im going with.

LOL.. I thought your friend was selling you the MTX system...

meh... best buy... check out the RF system they have there... like the P3's with boxes..

I'm kinda lucky to live within driving distance to LA... there I bought My WHOLE system for 500 and installed it myself... I just want to add subs amp and an epicenter... and just use my stocker HU on the 6.

Guest GA_Girl2002

Nope, my friend has the same system i want & i can get it all for 300$

his does sound really good, but i like the Type R a lot better.

eh, i havn't heard very good things about the RF's

i would really recommend the alpine type r's if you have the money to spend. they have great quality. i ran 1 type r 12" with a 400w @ 1ohm amp and holy crap! that was really crisp and shook some windows at my mothers house. MTX's are great subs too but depending on which ones you get. the older ones are good but models would help so we can definitely make sure they are good subs.

She is getting a 12" type r in a ported box with a 500 watt alpine class d amp, the same set i have in my car basically lol

I had two Type R 10s in my car way back before I got the huge system, and it was really, really loud and had a clean sound to it! I'd say if you can afford it, get the Type R, and if you can, get another one in a properly ported box for it :D Trust me, you won't regret it!

I had two Type R 10s in my car way back before I got the huge system, and it was really, really loud and had a clean sound to it! I'd say if you can afford it, get the Type R, and if you can, get another one in a properly ported box for it ;) Trust me, you won't regret it!

B)

Guest GA_Girl2002

yep, the MTX was basically being sold as a kit it was two MTX 12's the Terminators with that box & just a 250w amp. I just wnet ahead & bought the one 12 Type R w. a ported box & the 500w class d amp :)

should be done by next weekend- & yes its pretty much matts system, i just dont have the headunit he does, but i love his so ik ill love mine.

yep, the MTX was basically being sold as a kit it was two MTX 12's the Terminators with that box & just a 250w amp. I just wnet ahead & bought the one 12 Type R w. a ported box & the 500w class d amp :)

should be done by next weekend- & yes its pretty much matts system, i just dont have the headunit he does, but i love his so ik ill love mine.

awesome! can't wait to see pix of the completion!

Guest GA_Girl2002

i know! im planning on taking updated pictures of my car such as interior lights, tinted tails & such-soon!

i

Guest GA_Girl2002

im not installing them, im having people do it, so i can't exactly take pictures while installing. :\

I watched the audio shop do my car lol, i took pics lol:) bc i didnt want it screwed up lol

Guest GA_Girl2002

yeah, i guess you are right matt... but id if i wanna stay there with them.