Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

a Michigan Noob

Joe, it looks like you've done a really great job on the Lemans!

A little input about the traction/rear end issue that might help. The issue you’re seeing is somewhat common with racing/burnouts/very hard acceleration. I raced for years and I would see two problems with GM axles at the track. The first was the issue your speaking of, posi’s don't like burnouts! That’s not their purpose, If you keep doing burnouts you won’t have posi long and the rear end will just revert to an open rear end. A blue printered open rear end will out perform a posi under those conditions and if you setup the suspension right it will lay down two patches of rubber! Without going all technical on you or worse yet hearing the “you’re full of it” go do a little investigating and see what 700 hp NASCAR cars run or top dragsters run. If you like I can give you some ideas to improve the suspension to help, but as long as you run the posi it's going to torque steer till the posi breaks!

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

On 7/11/2017 at 5:06 PM, indymanjoe said:

82d31cf14020ddbbb69e688808ae04e7.jpg
0e29c3664fc53b052f783456f3804df6.jpg
No car updates and this is why lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You found another way to disturb the peace Joe, besides late night, early morning burn outs? Awesome!

• Like 1

This bike is super quiet. Staying that way as well. No mods or upgrades runs just fine for me..LOL Wife wants one now..

• 1 year later...
On 4/3/2017 at 3:16 PM, Last Indian said:

Joe, it looks like you've done a really great job on the Lemans!

A little input about the traction/rear end issue that might help. The issue you’re seeing is somewhat common with racing/burnouts/very hard acceleration. I raced for years and I would see two problems with GM axles at the track. The first was the issue your speaking of, posi’s don't like burnouts! That’s not their purpose, If you keep doing burnouts you won’t have posi long and the rear end will just revert to an open rear end. A blue printered open rear end will out perform a posi under those conditions and if you setup the suspension right it will lay down two patches of rubber! Without going all technical on you or worse yet hearing the “you’re full of it” go do a little investigating and see what 700 hp NASCAR cars run or top dragsters run. If you like I can give you some ideas to improve the suspension to help, but as long as you run the posi it's going to torque steer till the posi breaks!

I believe you

im looking into the quick performance ford 9 inch rear now

2500.00 ish ready to rock

problem I have is life keeps sucking my wallet dry lol

Just one issue lol

Yea my son showed up at the very end lol

• Like 1

I didn't see Remi in the video. Dang it.

Sounds like Frosty needs to come buy some more stuff! As well as pick up the last of the stuff of his that is still there.

So 9 inch Ford is more important that Cargo Vanna White paint at this point? I better get my butt to your place with those 15" rims ASAP!

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I see more rubberized undercoating being liberally applied to Joe's rear fenderwells and fenders this summer! I also hear him complaining about have to buy more tires for some strange reason!

Any chance of seeing Cargo Vanna White paint on the car this year Joe?

• Like 2

Frosty i have 2 weddings this summer. My sons in Costa Rica in December, and my daughters in Hawaii in june. I am/will be broke. The money to paint once again has other plans as always. Next year i'm sure my boiler or whatever else can break will eat up the savings,again..

• 1 month later...

Also found out Onondaga dragway will be opening this summer! So that makes 3 tracks i can drive to now! Hmmm actually four including mid michigan motorplex.

• Like 2

Polishing your shaft again I see Joe! LOL! :rofl:   In public no less!!! Nice!!!

Seriously, have you considered a possible driveshaft loop too? JustA thought.  We don't need you pole vaulthing the Lemans at the track.

I look forward to tire cookouts at Joe's place! :cheers:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, indymanjoe said:

Also found out Onondaga dragway will be opening this summer! So that makes 3 tracks i can drive to now! Hmmm actually four including mid michigan motorplex.

Add a couple turns and M1 is added also.  Justa add streetlights N ya got Woodward too.  Don't forget hangin with your buds @ a couple shows!

• Like 2

• 1 year later...